mtbr member
    May 2006

Rack for a thru axle

Anybody seen or modified a Old Man Mtn rack to handle a thru axle? Seems doable, but I'm not enough of an engineer myself.

mtbr member
    When I saw the thread title I was actually going to recommend an old man mountain rack. If come up with something I would just call them. I bet they can figure something out for you.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I emailed OMM at the same time as I started this thread, and got a prompt reply, for all the curious

we are working on these options as we speak. If you have 10mm front or rear axles now , a basic hollow axle should work fine, and can be purchased fairly easily at a good bike shop.

12x142, and 15mm front axles are in the works here now . we are currently getting bids from some machine shops to get these going. but we do not have anything right now . we do see as you do this market becoming increasingly more relevant as frame makers and shock makers are using them as a near standard nowadays.

I would have to say by the new year we will be offering these to our rack customers.
    Sweet!