Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,212
    Here is my FS Bikepacker at it's finest moment Sunday morning. A bit beat and such, but ready for another adventure with some new tires, brake pads, cleaning and love.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #27
    A guy on a bike Moderator
    Reputation: TobyGadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est View Post
    Here is my FS Bikepacker at it's finest moment Sunday morning. A bit beat and such, but ready for another adventure with some new tires, brake pads, cleaning and love.
    In case anyone missed it, Mark just finished the AZT750 on that bike!

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    284
    Finished Kit ready to roll. Yes, this is a 160mm travel bike but after owning a Pivot 429, Canzo 29, Rip9, El Mariachi, Fargo, La Cruz, Air9 and others this is the bike I have kept.


  4. #29
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,543
    Those are nice-looking bags sarge. I have a bit of thread injector experience so I'd like to make use of it to make some bags. My current bike has negligible space for a frame bag, but I'd like to do a seatpost bag and a top tube bag. Do you do anything special for the handlebar bag? Most of the ones I see in pics really just look like stuff bags.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Those are nice-looking bags sarge. I have a bit of thread injector experience so I'd like to make use of it to make some bags. My current bike has negligible space for a frame bag, but I'd like to do a seatpost bag and a top tube bag. Do you do anything special for the handlebar bag? Most of the ones I see in pics really just look like stuff bags.
    Thanks! For the handlebar I made a roll top compression bag to hold my air mattress/mummy bag or top quit/underquilt.

    The other bag was made to match the dimensions of the bag I store my hammock/tarp setup in. The straps from this bag go around the handlebars and compression sack. You can't really tell from the photos but there is another loop there keeping the smaller bag from rotating forward. Pictures probably illustrate this better:

    Hope it helps! Goodluck and post photos!








  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    22
    I'm a big fan of the Freeload rack for panniers. I've used it on my FS as well as rigs which don't have the typical rack mounting points...come to think of it I've used it instead of my trusted Surly Nice rack. Did I mention I'm a big fan of them?
    Doc

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    680

    BUmp

    Subscribed.

    Great looking rigs here. I have been looking at different styles of bike (hard tail with front suspension and Jones w/fat front) for bike packing and bad weather. This thread has me thinking I should forget about that. Spend the money on some bags for the FS bike and lightweight gear.

    Cheers.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  8. #33
    ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Reputation: SingleTrackLovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    679
    Both of my bike are setup for packing, different terrain of course.
    They are both 150mm plus FS bikes. No way would I go back to a HT.

    2004 Azonic my everyday ride.


    'Work in progress; Converting an old gravity machine to a shuttle singletrack overnighter.

    04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970



  9. #34
    Man up
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    485
    Here's mine, I don't know if the pic will work.
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...30100474_n.jpg
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by orion_134 View Post
    Here's mine, I don't know if the pic will work.
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...30100474_n.jpg
    Nice. Is that a custom/DIY frame bag?
    Am I all zipped up?

    Escaping the Dreary Confines

  11. #36
    Plus size jersey model
    Reputation: bigworm520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,188

  12. #37
    ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Reputation: SingleTrackLovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackLovr View Post
    Both of my bike are setup for packing, different terrain of course.
    They are both 150mm plus FS bikes. No way would I go back to a HT.

    2004 Azonic my everyday ride.
    ]
    Dam flickr account. Move a few things around and you get this all over the forum.

    Updated photos hopefully these will stay.



    Same bags different bike



    Typical bike packing trip for me. Hit the link click slide show.

    Glenwood Canyon Bike Path Overnite - a set on Flickr

    04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970



  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    497

    Day 3 of the Coconino 250 route

  14. #39
    Man up
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
    Nice. Is that a custom/DIY frame bag?
    Yes, made by a bag-ninja in Cali.
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,388
    Tent, tools and spares in seatpack, stove pots, mug, fuel, condiments, some food and 1L water bladder in frame bag.


  16. #41
    I dream on two wheels
    Reputation: Simonns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    715
    My Motobecane FS on the Colorado Trail

    Post your FS bikepackers-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357921105.868846.jpg
    Whiskey

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Not the best pic.
    Should have similar setup for the Colorado Trail Race.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post

    Is that a rip9? Where did you get your frame bag?

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    412
    2011 Tallboy. Have a mix of Phantom Design and revelate gear bags. Love the setup! Post your FS bikepackers-img_1366.jpgPost your FS bikepackers-img_1303.jpg

  20. #45
    Plus size jersey model
    Reputation: bigworm520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Is that a rip9? Where did you get your frame bag?
    It is not a RIP its a JET but funny thing is that JET frame cracked after less then a year. I am now BPing on a RIP9. Frame bag still works on the RIP as well got them here Cleaveland Mountaineering
    Though I do miss the JET I really liked it. It just couldn't handle the rocky conditions here in Tucson with my fata$$ bouncing around on it. Poor thing tried its hardest though.

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post
    It is not a RIP its a JET but funny thing is that JET frame cracked after less then a year. I am now BPing on a RIP9. Frame bag still works on the RIP as well got them here Cleaveland Mountaineering
    Though I do miss the JET I really liked it. It just couldn't handle the rocky conditions here in Tucson with my fata$$ bouncing around on it. Poor thing tried its hardest though.
    That's cool. I'm really enjoying my RIP. I ended up going the Porcelain Rocket route, and I'm happy with it.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •