Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Did I catch a niner?
    Current setup. Half Fat. Fixed Gear 36x16.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-commute1.jpg  

Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Its a bit more than I would carry just to go out for a few days out but it was a moose hunt and needed the extra gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-20140811_113844.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

IMG_2184 by mbeganyi, on Flickr

QBP glamour shot by mbeganyi, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Here's my setup. 2015 Salsa Bucksaw. Picture from a few weeks ago in Iceland.

Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-img_2828-version22_zps497d6e65.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quitou View Post
    Here's my setup. 2015 Salsa Bucksaw. Picture from a few weeks ago in Iceland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2828-Version22_zps497d6e65.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	920022
    Holy krap! That is the setup I dream about as I wait for my Bucksaw, which is what I will be doing for the next several months. You must own Salsa or something, to have gotten your hands on that bike this early.

I've gotta say, I had written off a frame bag is being impossible/impractical and with one glance at your photo, my mind is instantly changed.

Wow, super sweet setup!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by spovegas View Post
    Holy krap! That is the setup I dream about as I wait for my Bucksaw, which is what I will be doing for the next several months. You must own Salsa or something, to have gotten your hands on that bike this early.

I've gotta say, I had written off a frame bag is being impossible/impractical and with one glance at your photo, my mind is instantly changed.

Wow, super sweet setup!
    I have been on this Bucksaw since April and have used in all over AZ, Moab, and on a two-week bikepack in Iceland's interior. It's amazing.

First Ride: 2015 Salsa Bucksaw Full-Suspension Fatbike | Expedition Portal

Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-img_3463_zpsc17f51eb.jpg

Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-img_3004-version31_zps6ec03e2c.jpg

Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-img_2853-version2_zpsc2942579.jpg

The set up is pretty clean. I use Bedrock Bags all around. The bike itself is stock, no need to modify a thing. It is an outstanding platform.

mtbr member
    Just awesome. Thanks for the additional pics and info.

I read your EP article back in May and it was one of the pieces that contributed to me getting so jacked up about this bike. Until your post here, however, I had not come across anyone writing about its potential as a bikepacking rig. I was daydreaming about that possibility almost immediately after becoming aware of the Bucksaw. This certainly stokes that fire.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by spovegas View Post
    Until your post here, however, I had not come across anyone writing about its potential as a bikepacking rig.
    Obviously, its prowess as a bikepacking rig is highly dependent on where you plan to take it, but for my last trip it was ideal. That trip had everything from multi-hour tarmac sessions to black sand beach, to volcanic sand desert, snow in the high passes, singletrack and even loads of rocky river bed amidst the braided rivers. The Bucksaw just ate it all up. Naturally, it will have times when it isn't the ideal bike, but those moments are few and far between and the penalty is minimal.

Wonderful bike. When it comes time to get bags for yours, give Andrew at Bedrock a buzz. The frame bag he made for me was absolutely perfect. Not an easy bag to make as it has to fit around a lot of cable and housing complicators, namely the port for the internal dropper post.

I would love to Bikepack with the one I have on the way. Good to know that a frame bag is totally feasible. I won't be using a dropper on mine, so that won't be a problem.

Mine will be seeing much more mundane locations for the most part.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Don't give up on the dropper post. I loath the dropper post....or did. I find I actually like having it and use it more than I thought I would. It helps extract that much more performance out of the Bucksaw.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Here's my Pugsley in bikepack mode over the Labor Day weekend:

Post your Fat-Bikepacking setup!-img_0436.jpg
    Spinymouse

11 KM SS
    13 CC Rando-Check
    13 Pugsley

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That's a great setup. I really dig that bike; although I would definitely swap out those suspect brakes and run the 45North tubeless, carbon rims. And those are some great shots. I really dig the expedition portal site as well by the way. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitou View Post
    I have been on this Bucksaw since April and have used in all over AZ, Moab, and on a two-week bikepack in Iceland's interior. It's amazing.

First Ride: 2015 Salsa Bucksaw Full-Suspension Fatbike | Expedition Portal

Name:	IMG_3463_zpsc17f51eb.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	920025

Name:	IMG_3004-Version31_zps6ec03e2c.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	920026

Name:	IMG_2853-Version2_zpsc2942579.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	920027

The set up is pretty clean. I use Bedrock Bags all around. The bike itself is stock, no need to modify a thing. It is an outstanding platform.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6