Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

fargo cockpit by mbeganyi, on Flickr

ready to roll, day 2 by mbeganyi, on Flickr

Untitled by mbeganyi, on Flickr
    Last edited by bmike; 08-21-2012 at 12:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikecycology View Post
    I have a few tweaks to make and need to do some shakedown rides. Very happy with the work that Scott puts out from the Porcelain Rocket.

wil, get in and copy / paste the BB code out of Flikcr. Hit the 'share' button. Don't use the image button on MTBR, just paste in that code.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Bikepacking Rig (and gear layout!)-screen-shot-2012-08-21-12.19.02-pm.png  

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

TD 2011 Willits

Late to the forum but here (if I can figure out the upload) is the 2011 rig.
    sr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Bikepacking Rig (and gear layout!)-willits%40capitol2.jpg  

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Nice. Austin?

Cheesiest
    Quote Originally Posted by bikecycology View Post
    I have a few tweaks to make and need to do some shakedown rides. Very happy with the work that Scott puts out from the Porcelain Rocket.

Voodoo Bokor 29er in bikepacking mode by Eight Zero Two Cycles, on Flickr

Sweet rig! I've got a frame on the way and a pile of parts waiting for it. What size are you riding and how does it handle loaded up?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways View Post
    Sweet rig! I've got a frame on the way and a pile of parts waiting for it. What size are you riding and how does it handle loaded up?

Thanks
    Thanks. I am real happy with this bike. I have had it setup a few different ways and it seems to shine with all of them. I did the VT50 with it setup full rigid with an Alfine 8spd IGH. I had it setup to play around with last winter all the same but I went 1x9 cassette. It was a blast. Right now it is setup as a single speed which was for a short term special purpose. I will eventually set up a dedicated SS for that madness. I have a full carbon fork on it now that will get replaced with a Fargo V2 fork for the AC mounts. I have these:

Roll-top Pack built for Salsa Anything Cage - pair by Porcelain Rocket, on Flickr

It will temporarily see the 1x9 setup again until I get the Alfine 11spd which I will use for Tour Divide 2013.

Did you get the Bokor?

p.s. to answer your question about load, I haven't spent any much time or distance on it yet. I will be going out this weekend for a little shakedown. I do know that it is very stable and I love the system.

Devo
    here is my custom Hunter 29er
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Bikepacking Rig (and gear layout!)-img_6480_2.jpg  

www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Fargo

Hey all,

Just finished my bike for my upcoming tour of the GDMBR. I leave in 5 days. This photo was my first (and only) fully loaded test run before heading to Banff. I have a stock spreadsheet that I use for my backpacking trips and started a similar one for this ride. I'll share the link in case anyone is interested in what I'm bringing and where it's packed.

Alright then...

GDMBR Gear List on Google Docs

Salsa Fargo

More Photos Here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswrightcycles View Post
    Hey all,

Just finished my bike for my upcoming tour of the GDMBR. I leave in 5 days. This photo was my first (and only) fully loaded test run before heading to Banff. I have a stock spreadsheet that I use for my backpacking trips and started a similar one for this ride. I'll share the link in case anyone is interested in what I'm bringing and where it's packed.

Alright then...

GDMBR Gear List on Google Docs

Salsa Fargo

More Photos Here
    Looks sweet man.
    Good luck out there.
    The leaves are already changing in the high country of Colorado.
    How many days are you giving yourself?

Woody

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm shooting for 8 weeks. I can't really afford to be out of work much longer than that!

-Chris
    Last edited by chriswrightcycles; 09-10-2012 at 10:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

You are brave!

[QUOTE=donmeredith74;9061585]My gear list changes a fair amount depending on the trip (weather, length, duration, etc.). These photos were from a HOT summer overnight trip here in South Carolina.

Attachment 678386
    Home Sweet Home - no longer use this

You are brave. Just moved to SC from Ohio and so far hiking and biking I've almost stepped on an eastern diamondback and a copperhead. I wouldn't,t sleep on the ground!
    [SIZE="5"]It's easy to make a buck, it's much harder to make a difference."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    mickelson trail, sd
    3 days - 111 miles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Bikepacking Rig (and gear layout!)-sheep-canyon-trail-stop.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    "The leaves are already changing in the high country of Colorado." Good luck Chris.. would love to see Colorado this time of year.

Got out for a lightweight local 24hr trip this weekend since autumn's started to arrive here - ~6lbs of kit plus some food and a light.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswrightcycles View Post
    Hey all,

Best wishes - your spreadsheet was extremely helpful, and I'll check back later for the comments. Thanks!

My other ride is your mom
    Here's my setup in action:

It's all CDW.....what I have in there:

In the front I have a Phantom 32 down bag, a Mountain Hardware synthetic puffy and a REI minimilist bivy.

In the rear I have Don Miguel burritos (The Bomb-Green Chile & Breakfast Burrito - Bacon), assorted food snacks which I'm not accessing that day, a MSR water filter, sleep clothes (wool beenie, Capeline2 zip-up by Patagonia, boxers), travel tube of chamois butter, travel tube of diaper rash cream)

On my back: WingNut pack containing a 6L MSR dromedry bag, snacks for the day, extra change of batteries(rechargable), multi-tool and all that other crap you normally take on a normal ride (tubes, patch kit, yada yada yada).

I don't carry a sleeping pad...if you ride hard enough....and if you bikepack, you ride hard enough....you don't have trouble sleeping. I can usually find good ground cover to make something soft to sleep on. Only if there is snow on the ground will I go for a sleeping pad.....YMMV

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Here's my setup in action
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Andrew

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You guys have some awesome rigs in hear! I just went to the North Carolina Water Center and did some Mountain Biking. I am officially hooked on everything MTBR related.

mtbr member
    One of my setups:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insainio View Post
    One of my setups:

That looks serious. What bike is it?

Andrew

Adventure Mapper
    Mukluk
    I make maps and ride a SS El Mariachi with a rigid Fargo fork:
    http://forgivenick.wordpress.com/

Ahhh the pain....
    My Lynskey SS setup...
    Homemade Handlebar sling:MH 32 deg Phantom, REI Minimalist Bivy, Stoic 1/2 pad, small piece of Tyvek
    Homemade Gas tank: ride food
    Homemade Top tube bag: all bike fix-it stuff
    Seat Bag (Revelate Viscacha): clothes plus a spare tube
    Camelbak Octane: 100oz bladder, more food, bathroom stuff, electronics(batts, cables, light), steripen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Bikepacking Rig (and gear layout!)-bike-bridge.jpg  

Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

2 Day Off Road Trip

I have :

Karrimor Urban 30 Backpack

2 Pieces of Green Tarp

15m of Rope

1x box of matches

1x flint and stone

10x cotton wool balls

1x vasiline

1x set of spare clothes

1x box of food

2x water bottles ( one on bike , one in bag )

Bike light set

Maps of route.

Good enough for a simple 60 mile XC trip.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jgmu97 View Post
    I have :

1x box of food

2x water bottles ( one on bike , one in bag )

Good enough for a simple 60 mile XC trip.
    Is that really enough food and water for two days? That is what I use in two hours of riding. . .

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    maybe he's a chubby dude with lots of reserves. he's going 20 miles a day, which is slow enough to just burn fat. ???

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rusheleven View Post
    Is that really enough food and water for two days? That is what I use in two hours of riding. . .
    No , this is what i set out with. Then , while going through different parts of the route , we stop of in local vilages.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast