mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Polaris RZR Turbo Bikepacking Rig

If you have a spare few seconds, please cast a vote for this RZR on the Polaris Facebook Page. It will be greatly appreciated.

How about this to get to your remote bike trails!!!

I built this vehicle for a Polaris build off competition, but I can't wait to put it into use.

I built the roof rack for the trailer to be easily removable to serve as a table at base camp.

We custom built the back roof setup to add extra dry storage.

I used a ton of LED lights on it so we could still operate effectively at night.

I customized a Mig Apex Ultra trailer to haul the heavy cargo. It opens up to very comfortably sleep driver and passenger.

If you guys have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    Last edited by bmzero; 01-28-2016 at 08:23 AM.

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Rad!!!
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Definitely never expected to see something like that in this forum, but holy crap! That's bad ass.

That would definitely make an awesome support rig for group excursions.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    Definitely never expected to see something like that in this forum, but holy crap! That's bad ass.

That would definitely make an awesome support rig for group excursions.
    Ha ha. That's the reason I posted it here. I thought you guys would appreciate it and it's potential. The same could be done with a four seater and a light weight trailer specifically for carrying bikes. It would be a great vehicle to carry all of the supplies and overnight gear out to a base camp for an extended ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Looks awesome, though any road that my car can't handle I'd just as well be biking :P

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    white rim support vehichle. my wife gives it 2 thumbs up.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    If those things were (easily) road legal I would seriously consider having one as my only car.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Do want bad!!!
    Fuel Ex 8 27.5
    4300 Hardtail

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Thanks. I'm glad you guys like it.

I have several friends across the country that have registered theirs for street use. It can be done, but you're right, it has never been called "easy". If I win the voting contest, I will definitely try to get this thing legal for the road. My office is about five miles from my home and my local state park (Oak Mountain in Birmingham, AL) is only a few miles from my office. I could literally drive this thing to work (MTB on rear rack, of course) and drive it to the trailhead for a ride.

If you have a spare few seconds, please cast a vote - Polaris Facebook Page. It will be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    That thing is crazy, I saw some rigs like this set up in Frankfurt Germany a few year ago at the really big car expo they hold each year. I had asked the guys what such things cost and they where saying things like 20-30K

Now the only difference is they had all this after market bolt stuff and shinny paint job. Not at all like this, this thing took an eye to create for sure.

I was half expecting to see a Hobie PA12 strapped to that trailer.
    De oppresso liber

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan67 View Post
    That thing is crazy, I saw some rigs like this set up in Frankfurt Germany a few year ago at the really big car expo they hold each year. I had asked the guys what such things cost and they where saying things like 20-30K

Now the only difference is they had all this after market bolt stuff and shinny paint job. Not at all like this, this thing took an eye to create for sure.

I was half expecting to see a Hobie PA12 strapped to that trailer.
    Thanks. MSRP on this RZR, stock is $24,999. I know it sounds like a lot, but the values is measured in smiles per dollar.

A kayak would definitely be a great addition.

mtbr member
    I thought I was supposed to use my bike to get to remote locations? Confused

Seriously, it does look really cool, but not something I would ever be interested in...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    I thought I was supposed to use my bike to get to remote locations? Confused

Seriously, it does look really cool, but not something I would ever be interested in...
    The idea is not just about "getting out there". It's also about staying out there.

Polaris RZR Turbo Bikepacking Rig-9dc18333-470f-4d13-b93d-107c73ec37b7-b.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmzero View Post
    The idea is not just about "getting out there". It's also about staying out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9dc18333-470f-4d13-b93d-107c73ec37b7-b.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	1046916
    I am one of many who actually stay out here; I have been living on my bike since 2004 traveling around. I have only 1 place I am certain to find in the year and that is the summer days in Italy. Last couple of years we have been doing winter in Lapland but could not get past all the EU BS Border crap after the attacks. But next year we will make it back up there.

I see what you are saying, there are many people who can not fathom being in the bush longer than a couple weeks without the kitchen sink. This rig would more than cover it for those folks; hell this rig would even make me happy and I am not the guy who needs or has a desire for such stuff.

Your rig does create desire for sure. LOL Looks fun.
    De oppresso liber