mtbr member
    Mar 2014

New Bike Trailer Project seeking Feedback

Good day to everyone! My name is Aaron and I'm looking for feedback for my kickstarter project. You don't have to pledge anything, I'm just looking for ways to make it better for everyone. Here's the link - http://tinyurl.com/pdrosjk so let me know what you think. :-) Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    And sorry if this comes off as spam. One of the things Kickstarter said to do was try and get as much advice from the communities related to the project in order to improve it. I won't post any more threads about it, just wanting to get any feedback I can.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

New Bike Trailer Project seeking Feedback

Cool idea but it needs to be fleshed out better. A full finished (operational and looks) prototype and plans for production implementation would be needed before I could get behind it. Maybe you have that but it's not apparent from the video.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I like the product idea-- anything that weans people off cars is all right with me.

I'd like to see more details about the project. Less video of people and dogs, more about exactly the weight of the trailer and how it would be used. How do you load things in/on the trailer? How does it attach to the bike? How long does a charge last?

Lose the three graph paper drawings. They are not going to get people to commit. And the two pictures of the prototypes don't help me either-- I don't see any wheels, or the engine, just a flat thing.

I would start your video with the product, not with people on a couch.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll do my best to get a better video up soon explaining everything better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Excellent points, and I'll make another video giving those details as well.

Originally I did not have any of the images posted, but Kickstarter said I needed to put some showing the early stages before they would approve it. I don't know why but I thought it was kinda pointless myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Have you got any snapshots of the prototype trailer, loaded with the dog? I suggest using that for the images of the early stages.

As for the video, and the text of the article as well, you want your "elevator pitch" to hit the potential investor in the first thirty seconds-- because that may be all you get.

Problem? Long suburban miles carrying heavy things. Solution? Electric-assist bike trailer. Bang, right away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Just wanted to drop in and show the new video. I apologize for it taking so long to get it uploaded but my dog decided he wanted to play and I got a pinched nerve in my back.

Check out the new video on youtube at Blitzmobile - YouTube

Let me know what you think. I've made several changes thanks to feedback from here, as well as other places. :-)