mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Lets talk sacks.

Hey folks

Planning my first overnighter and I'm looking at bags. Completely new to this stuff so I was wondering what the good brands and models are for these kinds of things. I'll be running a frame bag, handlebar bag, and under-saddle bag. Bigger is better, as I would like to only have to buy these once, and the tour divide is on the calendar for two years from now.

Thanks

IoC
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    I did the bandwagon think: Revelate all around. Many miles later, zero complaints. I did some research on other brands, but didn't see any savings that were worth the risk of not using something well-proven.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've also got a full Revelate setup - seatbag, frame bag, gas tank, etc. Zero issues. Just works. Well worth the $ in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Lets talk sacks.

I have all Revelate gear for two reason, my LBS carries it so I could see the quality and many people around here have been using it for years. The people I talked to love the stuff and I can see why. The bag is not attached in the photo correctly but you can put a ton of stuff in the Viscacha under-seat bag. I have a frame bags for both our mukluks, gas tank bags and a sweet roll handlebar bag. All great stuff with no issues. I looked at other brands who are higher priced and I don't see why they cost more. Others will have their own opinions but I say get what you can and ride!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IoC
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey man - either you've got a lot of weight in that Viscacha or you might want to tighten the load lifter straps. It looks like it's hanging down to the point where it'd wobble a lot side-to-side. Brendan Collier has a good video on it at Viscacha Demo on Vimeo and there's a breakdown of using the whole Revelate system on a Fargo at Unweight: Joe Rinehart on Bikes and Code: 2013 Bikepacking Rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Lets talk sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by IoC View Post
    Hey man - either you've got a lot of weight in that Viscacha or you might want to tighten the load lifter straps. It looks like it's hanging down to the point where it'd wobble a lot side-to-side. Brendan Collier has a good video on it at Viscacha Demo on Vimeo and there's a breakdown of using the whole Revelate system on a Fargo at Unweight: Joe Rinehart on Bikes and Code: 2013 Bikepacking Rig.
    I had it unbuckled and was messing around with the load. I don't have a good photo of it loaded up properly. It's an amazing bag and I love all his gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk