Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Arundel makes the Looney Bin which is an alternative to the Salsa made of plastic and not requiring the loose straps. i think they may be closer to $20 each.

ArundelBike - Looney Bin & Bottle Cage

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Not what the OP is exactly looking for, but the best and only off-road 1.5 cage is the old blackburn b52. All the other mentioned in the thread are good for road and dirt paths but no go x mtb. Except for the salsa anything cage which is more of a storage thing

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

My silver solder/stainless steel cage

The BBB XL Fuel Tanks and the Santos both look like they would stand up to a lot. I think the BBB XL Fuel Tanks are available but with shipping would be about $37 a piece. In the meantime I decided to try my hand with silver solder and stainless tubing. Here is my creation. Yes, a tad rough, but I am from the Neanderthal School of Engineering. I slipped a piece of inner tube on top to keep the bottle from jumping out, especially the slippery stainless steel bottle. When off-road, I will put a piece of Ag-Loc (plastic chain tie material we use to trellis in the vineyard) around it for more security. This is my first one, so hopefully they will improve with some practice. I used this on a ride yesterday with some gravel roads and had no problems. My biggest mistake was coming up short on length and having to splice a piece of tubing in to make ends meet. I like the look of the stainless steel and silver solder, but I have a long way to go to get the results I would really like to have. Thanks for all of your input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jumbo bottle cages out there besides the "Anything Cage"?-photo-3.jpg  

Jumbo bottle cages out there besides the "Anything Cage"?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Another possible option is the Blackburn Tallboy if it gets to market.

Andrew

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I like the simplicity of that cage. Thanks for the heads up. Hope they make it to market. I am going to start my Bota bag fork mounted cage soon. Headed to Italy in June. I will post pics.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

I use the Topeak XL bottle cage bikepacking. It works great with 1.5L and 2L pop bottles. I don't think it would work with a Nalgene, but I have not tried.

If they don't break I think Salsa is charging a reasonable amount for the Anything cages. I don't like having stuff attached to my fork though.
    Those work great with 1.5 L tall boy Nalgene. I always run a strap all the way around the bottle and frame.

mtbr member
    As stated above close to OP request the B-52.

Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

I'm attracted to Gravity!
    I make and sell these as an alternative to the Salsa Anything Cage

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    I built a cage that holds pretty much anything... originally built to fit my Jetboil or Katadyn water filter, but it holds oversized bottles, Gatorade bottles, ect... Don't have a great photo, but..

Shown here with the jetboil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2