Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    R.I.P. Pugsley.
    And will they work well with 2" riser bars as well ?
    Because i was told that the combination of a riser bar and a short 50-70mm stem could cause an instable insalation of a handlebar set like this.

I work in .001 tolerances

Re: J.PAKS frame bag

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies010 View Post
    And will they work well with 2" riser bars as well ?
    I can't say for sure, but if you were to order from me I would move the mounting straps for the bars either further in or out depending on space.
    I think it would be fine as long as the straps do not fall into the 'rise' part of the bar.

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Yeah, i was thinking of something like that as well.
    And if it was to be used on multiple bikes with different bars, i guess the strap will have to move inwards a bit.
    This will probably make it less stable.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    Handlebar Paks are finished and shipping now

Attachment 783731

Attachment 783732
    Hi Joe, Your new Handlebar Pak looks great. I just ordered a Jones H-Bar for my 29er
    and was thinking about something like this. If one wanted to mount this pak to the front bar of the Jones H (for cable clearance) could you offer some kind of stablizer strap/s to keep this pack from swinging?
    Also what is the volume of the front pack?

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970

Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackLovr View Post
    Hi Joe, Your new Handlebar Pak looks great. I just ordered a Jones H-Bar for my 29er
    and was thinking about something like this. If one wanted to mount this pak to the front bar of the Jones H (for cable clearance) could you offer some kind of stablizer strap/s to keep this pack from swinging?
    Also what is the volume of the front pack?
    Thanks STL.
    Here are a couple pics of this setup on my Titec H-Bar (the cutout version) and how they fit together. (I love the H-bars shape so much I just picked up a second one)
    Adding some stabilizing strap(s) wouldn't be a problem if your bar will be the full loop bar.
    Running something like this on the uncut loop bar would be awesome. Super stable and in front of cables.
    The front pocket measures 9.5 x 9 x 2.5 (at the highest, it has a teardrop shape) Internally divided pocket and exterior mesh.

J.PAKS frame bag-dsc02521.jpg

J.PAKS frame bag-dsc02512.jpg

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the info and picts. I've been trying to adjust my 29er for Rails to Trails bikepacking and have run into some issues with hand numbness and lower back cramping on long rides.
    On another thread several guys have really helped me make adjustments that have helped. But I am still not quite there yet. Been trying different bars to see if that helps. The Jones H bar (uncut model) should be here mid week and the plan is to install and test right ways.
    They need to work before I think about a bar bag.

I'm starting to think some of my problem is not bike fit but geriatric (arthritis and all that).

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

Chairman of the Beard

More praise for HomegrownMN of JPaks for the custom Krampus frame pak. It holds a 100oz bladder and all the accessories that would normally fit in my camelbak so I can ride without a backpack. Much drier and cooler, and I can maintain out of the saddle efforts for longer. This one has the new waterproof zipper, so no flap on the closure. Also custom color coordinated to match the frame and accessories, Joe and I sat down to look at the colors of Cordura available and got some samples to make sure everything matched perfectly.

I'm super pleased with how it turned out, no regrets, no complaints.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Still not sure about the Krampus, but I do love the look of those bags. Too bad the old spearfish bags won't fit the new frame.

Quote Originally Posted by neil.beltchenko View Post
    Too bad the old spearfish bags won't fit the new frame.
    Neil, I'd love to play with the new Spearfish frame shape!

Great bike, as you know

mtbr member

J.PAKS frame bag

Thanks to this thread, order placed...

Sent from magic wish granting phone

Human Test Subject
    I've been using the j pak gas tank clone for a few months now and don't like it as much as my revelate designs gas tank.

The zipper has a metal zipper pull which rattles when I hit any sort of bump or crack in the pavement. I cut it off and put a zip tie in it's place. Revelate uses a string which is quiet.

The bag is softer than a gas tank and therefore harder to zip one handed. The entire bag moves with the zipper.

Those negatives aside, I think it is more waterproof than a gas tank and is slightly larger. It'd just be easier to use if it were stiffer.

Volsung, thanks for the feedback as I'm continually trying to improve my designs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    +1 for J.Paks work. I've had a SnakPak for some time now, it's burly as hell and you can tell some time was put into materials, design & construction.

I, for one, am a fan of the big metal zipper. I can get my meat hooks on it on the move and it's not breaking any time soon.

Bonus - supporting a local dude

mtbr member

J.PAKS frame bag

I'm all for supporting the local "little" guys. Custom pak will be awesome! It's just like scars amoeba light. Awesome and made in USA. (I realize relevate is usa as well)

Ride Everything
    +1 with praise for J.Paks.

Recently reviewed the SnakPak, and was mighty impressed.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Just posted today: Top Tube Bag Throwdown Part 1 | Bikepackers MagazineBikepackers Magazine

Thanks to Gravelbike and Bikepackers Mag for taking the time to review the SnakPak!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    J paks I sent you a e mail thru your web site . Have not heard back? been three days. PM me your number I want to make a order. Thanks DD

mtbr member

J.PAKS frame bag

He will contact you, took 3-4 days to hear back from him after I set MSG. Shoot, he's probably working on my order so hold that thought.... Don't respond till your done with my bags!!!! Hahahahaha

DemonDan,
    sent you a reply last Friday before heading out for a weekend of bikepacking.
    not sure why it didn't go through, but I just resent the email.

Looking forward to hearing from you

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVELBIKE View Post
    +1 with praise for J.Paks.

Recently reviewed the SnakPak, and was mighty impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    Just posted today: Top Tube Bag Throwdown Part 1 | Bikepackers MagazineBikepackers Magazine

Thanks to Gravelbike and Bikepackers Mag for taking the time to review the SnakPak!
    Congrats on the national attention. Well deserved.
    I love my SnakPak and its companion RukSak. I never bike without them.

Last edited by SingleTrackLovr; 05-20-2014 at 01:55 PM.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

Candlestick Maker
    More Jpaks goodness...Thanks Joe!

baker

mtbr member

J.PAKS frame bag

Snakpak and frame bag installed, haven't needed the seatpak yet!! Only downside so far is not being able to have as big of a water bladder as I used to carry BUT that's a frame size issue and not the pak itself. I've compensated with carrying more water on the forks..
    Wonderfully constructed, I'm actually carrying more food/snacks now.
    I have noticed the extra weight on the bike, mainly in the more technical down hill but acclimating quickly. So nice not having to have a back pack on now, am able to cool down much quicker. Thanks Joe! I'm eyeballing the ruksak now.......
    Here's some Picts, sorry, black bike doesn't photograph well!
    J.PAKS frame bag-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407714242.011906.jpgJ.PAKS frame bag-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407714302.931921.jpg

mtbr member

J.PAKS frame bag

Out the seat pak on for today's ride, opened up room from the frame pak so now can get 2L in the frame pak. Freakin awesome! Now only issue is I carry too much stuff!! Afraid to
    Weigh the thing!

Great product... Seat pak swallows stuff.... Crazy space! It's compacted as far as it goes, holding my windbreaker and fat tube.

Thanks again Joe!
    J.PAKS frame bag-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407984267.040341.jpgJ.PAKS frame bag-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407984283.260652.jpg

Fatty McGhee

Many thanks to all that have posted pics! Much appreciated

Here's a teaser of a Cuben Fiber H-BarPak in testing last weekend

J.PAKS frame bag-dsc03089_psd_web.jpg

mtbr member
    We need more pics of your Cuben Fiber bags

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast