Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Something like your snackpack bags for now, but wider with a see through map compartment on top.

Basically something similar to a motorcycle tank bag is what I am ultimately looking for. Of course not that big or bulky.

Joe Rocket Hammerhead Tank Bag - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

I work in .001 tolerances
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightlost View Post
    Something like your snackpack bags for now, but wider with a see through map compartment on top.
    There is a very good chance that this winter will bring about such things :thumbup:

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Awesome to hear. I'll definitely keep a look out for that then.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    There is a very good chance that this winter will bring about such things :thumbup:
    I see on your blogspot a new item being prototyped/tested.
    Red and Black looks pretty sweet. Looking forward to hearing more.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Alright, thread cleaned.

Let's all keep it civil in here. While I'm not opposed to people airing differences of opinion, I'm not going to tolerate grand accusations and personal attacks. I don't want to lock this thread, as it is otherwise productive and positive.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Gotta say from what I have seen in person these are some great packs, may have to figure something out for the next summer !

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey Joe, how is the progress coming along in the seat bags? Were you able to make a stable enough design? Any extra features on it and what's capacity?

Super stoked to see more pics!

Does it clamp around seatpost and to saddle rails? If that's the case it would be awesome to have on my road bike for my work commutes and swap to my mtb for Bikepacking.

The frame bag I purchased from you was designed for the inner triangle of my trance x but also fits in my road bike. The cutout of the rear shock is even perfect to allow a seat tube bottle cage with bottle. Works perfect!

Thanks again and keep it up!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Hey Joe, how is the progress coming along in the seat bags? Were you able to make a stable enough design? Any extra features on it and what's capacity?

I've got multiple prototypes now and I'm dialing in the design as we speak. Trying to improve on the stability and capacity factors. Not scientifically tested, but I think we're in the 10-11 litre capacity

Does it clamp around seatpost and to saddle rails? If that's the case it would be awesome to have on my road bike for my work commutes and swap to my mtb for Bikepacking.

That is the plan :thumbsup:

The frame bag I purchased from you was designed for the inner triangle of my trance x but also fits in my road bike. The cutout of the rear shock is even perfect to allow a seat tube bottle cage with bottle. Works perfect!

Too cool man!
    The hardest part about designing a new 'product' is testing, testing, and testing even more.
    I've been super busy the past few weeks, but I am putting time into testing these to make sure they are the best they can be.

Also planning on hitting a price point a bit lower than the current offerings

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownMN View Post
    Also planning on hitting a price point a bit lower than the current offerings
    This is great Joe.
    Some of us don't need a seat bag so tough it outlasts the bike frame. Not everyone races on the trails.
    I just need a way to carry my emergency clothing (rain/warmth) for daily riding.
    Something that just stays on the bike seat all the time.

I'm currently using an OR 10L drybag with makeshift straps. It's kind of floppy and ugly but works for now. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks like you've been busy Joe. Bar roll and seat bag look great man! Details? When will they be available?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Looks like you've been busy Joe. Bar roll and seat bag look great man! Details? When will they be available?
    Thanks!
    Availability will be very, very soon on both items. The SeatPak will be available within the next week or so
    SeatPak will be utilizing a combination of X-Pac VX-21 side panels, 1000D Cordura spine, and 420D ripstop material along with an internal plastic spine to maintain rigidity.
    Daisy chain sewn onto the underside and rubberized fabric against sewn onto seatpost velcro are stock.
    All Black or Black and Grey
    Price and ordering info will be on the blog so stay tuned

Here's a topside view for now

Light freak
    WOW That is one nice looking saddle bag!!

Keep up the good work.

I'm with stupid
    J Paks Gear is great stuff!!! One day I shall have a full Jpaks bike.

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Looks great Joe. Are you taking pre orders?

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    That bag would have looked so good on my grey Pugs....

Quote Originally Posted by SingleTrackLovr View Post
    Looks great Joe. Are you taking pre orders?

You must have read my mind. Just finished updating the Blog with details

Chronic 1st-timer
    Just picked up/installed my new Frame Pak. Non-drive side bladder compartment w/2 pockets.

Drive-side has pump straps below TT & 2 additional pockets

Ready to rock with J.Paks' 'Frame Pak' & 'RukSak'

Magnificent work Joe!!
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    That bag looks good, and i like the straps for the pump.
    I still want to do that with the velcro compartment divider in my framebag.

What size Monkey is that ?

Chronic 1st-timer
    ^ 2009 model, 22"/XL
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    Thank's, i still have to order a bag for my Monkey, and this is a good example of what i was planning to order.
    I'm still not completely sure if i am going to get a bladder compartment or a mappocket.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm Update from Winter 2013

Been using jpaks the rest of the year in '12 on the Fargo and have been Pugsley frame bag and others over the winter. Still have nothing negative to say. Did the template bit for fit and the fit was so on the spot that if I had the velcro straps too tight and packed the frame bag full it was hard to close the zipper. Needless to say kept the bag packed to the brim and loosened the velcro just a smidgen and all is well. Joe put the reflective material in the frame bag which comes in handy for the long dark Minnesota nights. Have run in to a # of folks on the trail and around town who have checked the bags and were quite impressed compared with other bag makers (particularly for the price). Pics of one of my latest rides:

J.PAKS frame bag-20130119_123824.jpg
    J.PAKS frame bag-20130119_123847.jpg
    J.PAKS frame bag-20130119_131427.jpg
    J.PAKS frame bag-20130119_123838.jpg

I am running a rear rack on the fork right now, but I hope to order up a seatpak soon. Looks like he thought of some good ideas for it. Hopefully get some more winterbikecamping in at that point.

Also, got a buddy who ordered up a custom 'bike holster' from Joe. I think that he could be on to something there. Great inception and ideas going into that and could be a huge product for the right market. Thanks again Joe, and if anybody is in Minnesota and wants to see the paks look me up. Later!

Handlebar Paks are finished and shipping now

J.PAKS frame bag-dsc02525-1.jpg

J.PAKS frame bag-dsc02533.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

J.PAKS frame bag

Solid! Do they fit in drop bars?

R.I.P. Pugsley.
    I can see they are not on your site yet, but can you tell us how much they will cost ?
    And can someone tell me how well these handlebar setups will work on 2" riser bars ?
    Last edited by Rabies010; 03-23-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Solid! Do they fit in drop bars?
    Yes they do. Just requires a few more 'wraps' to shorten the length when closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies010 View Post
    I can see they are not on your site yet, but can you tell us how much they will cost ?
    And can someone tell me how well these handlebar setups will work on 2" riser bars ?
    Selling for $120 with the external pocket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast