mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Ive never been bikepacking!!!! I wanna go? No.friends that ride:( In Seattle

This sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I seem to be the only person in my group of friends that is passionate about riding. Does anyone know if there's some way i could find a group or person to go with?
    Life ain't fair...quit being a p***y! Reach for your goals and most of all...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Ive never been bikepacking!!!! I wanna go? No.friends that ride:( In Seattle

The forums at bikepacking.net include one on finding a partner. Lots of people also go solo. I find solo is easier to make happen but company is nice too. Good luck getting out there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the info!! I will check it out for sure!
    Life ain't fair...quit being a p***y! Reach for your goals and most of all...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I know what you mean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wahday View Post
    Lots of people also go solo. I find solo is easier to make happen but company is nice too.
    +1 - I'd rather tour with a friend, but I don't wait for that to happen - especially MTB touring. I make plans and if there is someone who might go I let them know, but I just go anyways.

I've posted stuff on MTBR and on my Blog about looking for folks to ride with and rec'd some general interest, but getting from there to someone riding beside you on a loaded bike is hard.

Just plan some easier overnighters to start and go for it. Post your trip reports here and on any relevant local MTBing forums. Hopefully some people reading will get the stoke and want to join you.

I have some spare OMM racks and camping gear that I lend to friends if they don't have what they need to come along. That takes away one big hurdle for participation and I've gotten a few people out that way.

Once you've got some overnighters under your belt you can look around for bikepacking trip reports that originate in your area and contact the folks posting them to see if you can tag along.

Bottomline - just do it!
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Cheesiest
    You might be able to find some one through evergreenmtb.org
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

weirdo
    Solo is definitely easier to make happen. I rarely ride accompanied anyway- never have to worry what I smell like
    Recalculating....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks! Yea I've got an extra bike even for come alongers...not quite as good as mine so I still feel special! Haha..
    I'll take ur word for it, start with the one guy I can depend on!

mtbr member
    I find Facebook events a incredibly helpful come up with date and time break down of what people will need and what you are doing and let the chips fall as they may just make sure you don't have too large a disparity between your riding ability.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    So I've pretty much just started riding by myself since everyone else always has reasons why they "can't make it"...I find you guys are correct, every so often when someone will come ride with me I love it..but as for depending on anyone to make plans...not my friends. I'm hitting up facebook and other spots so we'll see! Today ended up going with my buddy who didn't stretch or something and a half hour in he was "cramping up and wanted to go home"...So I told him to park himself, I took my machete and went ahead and cleared some shitty overgrown trails of Nettles and blackberry bushes that had been getting far too overgrown.
    I figure we all have to kick in every so often if we wanna ride a lot?
    Anyone in WA know where you can camp lo-key style and just throw down a tent in the woods? And bring guns??
    I'd like to make it a full on weekend but not from WA so don't know the incog spots yet?? Even though it's been ten years

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by offthewagon206 View Post
    So I've pretty much just started riding by myself since everyone else always has reasons why they "can't make it"...I find you guys are correct, every so often when someone will come ride with me I love it..but as for depending on anyone to make plans...not my friends. I'm hitting up facebook and other spots so we'll see! Today ended up going with my buddy who didn't stretch or something and a half hour in he was "cramping up and wanted to go home"...So I told him to park himself, I took my machete and went ahead and cleared some shitty overgrown trails of Nettles and blackberry bushes that had been getting far too overgrown.
    I figure we all have to kick in every so often if we wanna ride a lot?
    Anyone in WA know where you can camp lo-key style and just throw down a tent in the woods? And bring guns??
    I'd like to make it a full on weekend but not from WA so don't know the incog spots yet?? Even though it's been ten years
    Off-topic, but wth? I have yet to stretch when getting on the bike (although I really, really should start).. and have yet to cramp up while on the bike. If I get off the bike though for a rest, I'll stretch out...