Team Captain
    Jan 2004

Help Identifying Handlebar Bags

Can anyone tell me what these handlebar bags are? They appear to be some sort of pocket attached to a sling with a dry-bag underneath. Anyone got an idea?

http://salsacycles.com/files/blog/kurt7.jpg

Positively negative
    Mar 2010

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    There are a few companies that make products like this. What I see in the pic is a handlebar sling that straps to the handlebars and also to the drybag. Many slings have molle webbing to attach additional items and a few companies make bags you can attach to the sling for access while riding like you see in your image. Revelate Designs makes one, I have one from Bolder Bikepacking Gear, Porcelain Rocket makes a similar system and there are probably some others as well.

Personally, I just use the sling and then use the old top to an internal backpack as my access pocket. Works fine. But these custom made products are really nice and all the companies I listed make excellent products (Revelate is the largest and most established of the bunch though)

mtbr member
    From reading in there it sounds like the school has some rental gear, with the number of those same bags they must be rentals. The guy thanks Revelate at the end of the article. Salsa also sells Revelate frame bags that fit their bikes.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Welnic View Post
    From reading in there it sounds like the school has some rental gear, with the number of those same bags they must be rentals. The guy thanks Revelate at the end of the article. Salsa also sells Revelate frame bags that fit their bikes.
    Those slings also have Revelate logos on them. So...

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    So if I were to guess, this setup looks like the Revelate Harness with a front Pocket attached? Does that sounds right?

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Yup.