mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Groupset help needed: Drop bar, 2x11 (wide range), hydraulic disc, BOOST

I'm helping a friend build up a new Salsa Fargo Ti in anticipation of doing Tour Divide in a few years.

Ideally, she would like 2x11 MTB gearing (with MTB rear derailleur) and dual control levers for drop bars with hydraulic disc brakes. The frame is BOOST spaced. Also, she would like to keep it to the major players in case she needs to source parts "off the beaten path". Can anyone tell me what's available that fits these criteria?

I *think* the combo of road shifters and MTB rear derailleur is going to steer her toward SRAM. I'm more of a Shimano guy, though. So, I'm not real familiar with SRAM's offerings, especially when it comes to 2x cranksets that are BOOST compatible.

I realize that she *could* use a non-BOOST wheel with spacers, but the frameset comes with the correct dropouts & thru axle for a BOOST wheel. So, since she's going to have new wheels built anyway, she might as well have a BOOST wheel built to make it as strong as possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Is there a budget? SRAM Rival 22 with GX cassette, chainring, derailleurs, seems like it would do what you want. SRAM has a 2x GX crankset that is boost compatible. If you want higher end / lighter weight components, you could move up to higher end SRAM stuff...

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk