Just got back from a loop including Flathead FSR and Cabin FSR on the CDN GDR.
Flathead Valley 2013 - a set on Flickr
Alberta and parts of BC have experienced epic flooding recently damaging roads, bridges and trails. I've heard ACA is suggesting people skip the Flathead Valley part of the CDN GDR so I figured a route condition recon and update was in order:
- Bridges and road washed out in numerous places on the northern Flathead, but totally passable on bikes with some carrying and wet feet.
- Southern Flathead is fine.
- Cabin FSR is perfect and based on flooding patterns I think the southern Wigwam FSR would be normal riding.
- we rode the northern part of Wigwam FSR to Lodgepole FSR and back to Fernie BC [not part of the CDN GDR route]....all of that was unaffected by flooding.
- road/bridge repairs should be starting shortly so things will get progressively better
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Flathead Valley - CDN GDR
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »