HIYAH

Durango to Moab Hut Tour - Which Bike to Take

Trying to figure out what (type of) bike to take on the Durango to Moab hut trip this summer. Interested in opinion or what others took and pros/cons. In the stable I have a couple single speed steel hardtails(including a redline flight that could be built geared), a Spec FSR Stumpjumper Expert, and a Yeti Arc.

In my mind the best bike for this kind of ride is a monster cross, which I don't currently have (I need very little encouragement to pull the trigger and build one). The stumpjumper would be plush, but lots of moving parts. The yeti is a race hard tail and it would beat me to death. Of the bikes I currently own, only the redline seems reasonable (built geared with a 100m fork that can be locked out if needed).

Thoughts?
    TTHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

A guy on a bike Moderator
    While I haven't done that ride, I remember something in the online description of a bunch of "alternate" singletrack sections. Otherwise, it I think that it's mostly on gravel roads?

Edit: Just checked the site (Mountain Bike Durango to Moab | Hut to Hut Mountain Biking Adventures). They state that the regular route is "215 miles of secondary dirt roads," but that "alternate single-track routes between various huts extend your trip and offer more challenges." Which way are you going?

HIYAH
    Shooting for as much single track as possible. Depends on the snow melt.

Its one of the factors weighing into rigid vs suspension...

mtbr member
    man i wish i had a choice!! lucky!

HIYAH
    It didn't happen overnight...and I do feel lucky and blessed...can't wait.

Anyone done a long tour like this fully rigid?