mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Hope Choose a Touring bike for short people, buying on budget in China Where and how 2 buy

I talk about Schwalbe, Surly Troll, Salsa, Titanium, Jones Bikes, Cube, Internal Geared Shimano & Rolhoff Hubs, Belt Drives, Tires, Wheels, Wheel Building, Chain Reaction Cycles, Flying Ball Bicycles, and more. This is part one of how to buy a touring bike in China. Also I talk about selecting the proper bike, and small frame sizing…

Hi Robert!
    I understand you are likely very busy but if you have the time I would love a reply. I recently found your vlog and have been enjoying your videos! I'm a Canadian guy living in Chengdu that is planning on doing a touring trip through Sichuan this summer with my Chinese girlfriend who is 5 feet 0 inches 150 cm tall.
    We are looking to purchase new touring bikes from a custom bike shop (although would prefer to purchase 2 Surly LHT's if you knew where to get them in China). The bike shop has sent this quote and components list, would love your thoughts on it.
    The frame is a steel frame made from columbus zona and apparently made in Germany or Italy, can't quite remember, and then imported in to be sold in China. The shopkeeper recommended putting 70c wheels on both bikes, but I asked if we could put 26's on her bike and he said that on her small bike the pedals may touch when she turns really fast or sharp. We are looking at purchasing the best stuff, and in your vlog I remember you mentioning quite a bit about the tires, which Schwalbe would you recommend for us to use for touring bikes through Sichuan and Yunnan, perhaps sometimes going onto gravel? We are looking at purchasing a whole set of everything we will need and would love your advice on the best stuff.
    I think this would be a great video for you to make (I apologize if you've already made it), addressing these questions for cyclists in China looking to do a long tour about 1) Where to purchase this gear 2) What the best touring gear to purchase would be and what the Chinese bike shops perceive a "touring bike" to be like as opposed to what westerners think of as a touring bike, and 3)How much you should expect to pay, and 4) Special info for either tall or short riders and 5) Cut through the claims that shop owners may tell you in order to sell.
    Here is the list:
    Component 配件 品牌、颜色、大小尺寸 Price 价格
    Frame 车架 Flying Banana Zona Tourer 3300 Fork 前叉 Single Color, 44/54 Assembly 组装 100 Wheels 轮组
    Rim Front 前车圈 H+Son TB14 420 Rim Rear 后车圈 H+Son TB14 420 Hub Front 前花鼓 Shimano Deore Disk 180 Hub Rear 后花鼓 Shimano Deore Disk, 9sp 180 Spokes 辐条(前) Silver 120 Spokes 辐条(后) Silver
    Tire 前外胎 Schwalbe Marathon 420 Tire 后外胎 Schwalbe Marathon 420 Tubes & Rim Tape 内胎、轮带 90 Wheel build 编论 60 Cockpit 驾驶 ™™ ™™
    Handlebar 车把 Butterfly Bar 120 Stem 把立 80mm 60 Headset 碗组 Sealed bearing 130 Spacers 垫圈
    Grip 把套 Foam
    Drivetrain 传动系统
    Crankset 牙盘 Shimano Deore Triple
    BB 中轴 Shimano Deore BB51
    Pedals 脚踏 Wellgo Magnesium 230 Clips/Strap 狗嘴
    Chain 链条 Shimano HG53
    Cog 飞轮 Shimano 10sp Cassette
    Lockring 固定环
    Saddle 车座 品牌、颜色、大小尺寸 Price 价格 Saddle 坐垫 Brooks B17(s) 850 Seatpost 座管 Double Bolt Silver 120 Clamp 管夹
    Brakes 刹车
    Lever 闸把 Tektro CL520 120 Caliper 前刹 Avid BB7 270 Caliper 后刹 Avid BB7 270 Cable 外线 Black 40 Notes/Accessories 备注
    Shimano Deore 10 Speed Group 2000
    Subtotal: 9920
    Quantity: 2
    Total: 19840
    Bulk Discount: -992.00
    Billing 付款:
    Subtotal 总价 18848

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Idea! ESL Politics, chosing a touring bike for short people on budget in China p. 2 hit by

ESL Politics a little.... Teaching in China to feed your family...

This is part two with update on the guys budget.

During the filming of this video I was hit buy a car, lost my cool, and then reflected on the beauty of getting lynched if you do the wrong thing in China, and also a cross training stair climbing bike workout in the end…