mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Cass Gilbert blog

I have followed his blog for about a year now. Such great pictures and descriptions/narratives.

http://whileoutriding.com/

Just wondering who else appreciates Cass' work and if there are similar high-quality bikepacking blogs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Definitely a fan of Cassís blog and many others too numerous to mention. But Cass has spent time in an area where we own some land in the Cibola National Forest and thatís what led me to his site. A few others I enjoy:

Scott Morris (has also bikepacked here in New Mexico): Bikepacking ę Diary of Scott Morris
    Lee Blackwell (has some of the same rides as Scottís): Lee bike, hike, and metal art blog
    Big Wheelbuilding (has some packrafting and biking info. Great pics): Big Wheel Building

Again, many more out there, but these are ones that come to mind.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I love his blog. The photos are what really get me in, though of course the writing is entertaining and informative too. It's my main source of inspiration to keep planning and saving for a cross-country dirt road trip this next summer...not to mention, he's posted ride reports from some regions I want to visit myself, which will be really useful.

mtbr member
    love his blog too also love his buddies blog gypsy by trade | Ridin' bikes and travelin' light.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Lots of great tech tips, too, on bags, bikes, tires, etc. in Cass' blog. He is a big Surly fan. Reading his blog has introduced me to some of their stuff, although the majority of my frames, forks and gear is from On One.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    post 5 for photo. fun fun fun