Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carousel Design

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    BBB is a joke, if you become a paying member the complaints will go away. The purpose of the BBB is to collect money from businesses.

mtbr member

Issue resolved

I have a good friend who has actually been on bikepacking trips with Jeff who said he is a good guy who makes the best bikepacking bags. I figured if you spend time in the woods with someone you should know them right? So I ordered a frame bag and fuel cell. After many attempts to contact Jeff without reply my bags showed up 2 months late along with an extra fuel cell, map case, small parts organizer bag and a full refund. I don't know what happened but my faith in mountain people has been restored. Jeff Boatman did the right thing. The bags are sweet.
    Last edited by dookiedoodle; 01-12-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
    Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dookiedoodle View Post
    I'm yet another sucker ripped off by Jeff Boatman. I have a good friend who has actually been on bikepacking trips with Jeff who said he is a good guy who makes the best bikepacking bags. I figured if you spend time in the woods with someone you should know them right? So I contacted Jeff about a frame bag and fuel tank. I had a pleasant timely email exchange with him about specs, price, when I needed the bag for a trip and he even confirmed that he got the pattern for my bag I sent him. After I sent him the money via paypal I haven't heard a thing from Jeff, 4 months, 50 emails and a report to the BBB (he didn't bother to reply to them about my complaint). I don't see how he could be a "nice guy." JEFF BOATMAN IS A THIEF. He is not nice at all. He is a con-man, a grifter, a criminal. MTBR you should remove him from your vendor list. Please do not help Carousel Design Works fish for more suckers.
    Lots more complaints these days. I've updated his listing to reflect the new reports. I'm not going to delete the listing though, as a warning is more helpful than a void!

mtbr member
    Carousel design works
    Last edited by dookiedoodle; 01-12-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Issue resolved
    Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Hey dookiedoodle,

I've deleted your duplicate posts. I feel your pain, but please keep it in one thread. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Toby

mtbr member
    I am bummed to read all this. I picked up a seatbag and h-bar bag several years ago (before problems started I guess). He was extremely professional and easy to work with. Quality was impeccable. I wanted to do more business with him but never got replies to email.

That said I'll take this opportunity to point out that there are several "little guys" doing great work. Jpaks in Denver was awesome to work with(he is local to me) and the stuff from Porcelain Rocket looks top notch as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dookiedoodle View Post
    Carousel design works
    So how was the issue resolved? My sh!tty situation with jeffthefvckingthiefboatman is still completely unresolved.

mtbr member
    Please ignore!
    Last edited by bikeny; 02-04-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Wrong company!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    This situation definitely sucks for those who are out money. Unfortunately, not uncommon in this industry. I actually ordered a couple of things from his website (before I saw this thread of course), and they are on a truck right now to be delivered. I made sure they were in stock before ordering though. He seems to be making his stock items still, as well as bags for Salsa/Surly/907. Maybe he is just too busy making that stuff that he doesn't have time to make the custom stuff anymore. BUT, that is no excuse for lack of communication and crappy customer service! I hope this doesn't turn into a Matt Chester or HBC saga!

PS: They are really nice bags though!
    Are you sure you haven't mixed up Revelate with Carousel?
    CDW's 'stock list' is dated 2011.
    http://www.carouseldesignworks.com/cdwofferings.pdf

Eric @ Revelate makes the stuff for Surly / Salsa, etc.

Don't mix em up. Eric is great to work with (when he was doing custom), returns emails, and ships when he says.

I'm in...
    Jan 2011
    Yes, please do not mix Revelate Designs up with Carousel. My rig is complete Revelate Designs and Eric is a true craftsman that offers exceptional products and customer service! I had one small issue, sent it back, got it fixed with an upgrade at no charge along with communication throughout the process. I'm sticking with him for anything that's bikepacking related. He's got a loyal customer for life.

mtbr member
    CRAP! I sure did mix them up! My bags are Revelate, NOT Carousel, sorry about that! Carry on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeny View Post
    CRAP! I sure did mix them up! My bags are Revelate, NOT Carousel, sorry about that! Carry on.

Can you edit your post below?

Lighten up.
    Has anyone heard from Jeff Boatman? His site looks like it's been sold and filled with garbage/spam content. I'm asking from a purely human standpoint, wondering if the guy is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
    Has anyone heard from Jeff Boatman? His site looks like it's been sold and filled with garbage/spam content. I'm asking from a purely human standpoint, wondering if the guy is alive.
    I've never met Jeff, but it looks like things haven't gone well for him. He went from being one of the original visionaries of bikepacking gear, to a scammer, to a ghost. I hope that he's OK. Life can be damn hard on people sometimes, and it's tough to watch someone get crushed. I hope that he reappears in happier days!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2