ColoradoCoolBreeze

Can't find Freeload Pannier Frames anywhere

Can't seem to find a set of these frames for the Freeloader rack. I've got the rack and deck with rails.
    I know Thule bought Freeloader but they don't seem to offer them.
    Anyone out there have a pair for sale?
    thanks
    Last edited by SingleTrackLovr; 10-20-2012 at 11:41 AM.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970

mtbr member

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Thanks I checked with them. They have none in stock.
    Every one listed on Ebay also seems to be out of stock.

I don't understand what is up with Thule
    was it just to get Freeload off the market?
    Last edited by SingleTrackLovr; 10-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I've got the same problem. Looks like they are in stock at freeflowbikes.com
    It will cost a bit more... wanna split international shipping? Seriously.

EDIT: Ugh never mind. It's $143 for shipping. Grr. THULE!!!!!
    Last edited by dlpriceSD; 10-24-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Update

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpriceSD View Post
    I've got the same problem. Looks like they are in stock at freeflowbikes.com
    It will cost a bit more... wanna split international shipping? Seriously.

EDIT: Ugh never mind. It's $143 for shipping. Grr. THULE!!!!!
    Thanks for the offer. Yes international shipping is expensive.

I decided I didn't need them.
    My panniers have some kind of hard plastic sheet so the rack bars work just fine to keep the panniers out of the rear wheel.

Last edited by SingleTrackLovr; 10-27-2012 at 09:39 AM.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the info. What brand and model are your rear rack panniers (sorry not super familiar with brands)?

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpriceSD View Post
    Thanks for the info. What brand and model are your rear rack panniers (sorry not super familiar with brands)?
    Axiom Lasalle Panniers

Axiom Lasalle Deluxe Panniers > Accessories > Bags > Panniers | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

dirtbag
    try the store over at adventurecycling.org, I believe I saw the racks in their catalog
    Amolan

lamer
    I just picked up a Freeload rack with both the sport and touring decks, and I can't find the pannier frames anywhere either

$145.19 shipping from freeflowbikes.com! They can't weigh that much. I wonder if I can just have it delivered to our Farnborough office, and then have them ship it to me at a fraction of the cost...

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma View Post
    I just picked up a Freeload rack with both the sport and touring decks, and I can't find the pannier frames anywhere either

$145.19 shipping from freeflowbikes.com! They can't weigh that much. I wonder if I can just have it delivered to our Farnborough office, and then have them ship it to me at a fraction of the cost...
    I found I really did not need them. I connected my panniers to the deck with the rails and the freeloader frame kept the pannier out of the wheel. Give it a try you might find you don't need them as well.

Good Luck

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x

mtbr member
    emaild thule they said their new rack and pannier system will be available in the usa in march 2013
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Free Load Racks and Pannier Frames

Most places carry the rack but seem to have forgotten about the pannier frames. Modern Bikes.com usually carries them for less than $30 but as of 11/15/12 are out of stock. I've used my rack and frames for over a year and appx. 3000 miles in all types of weather, no problems. I'll check a few other sources.

lamer

Good news and bad news

Good news is that this weekend I found and ordered a set of the pannier frames here

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/freeload-...gecurrency=usd

and I just got confirmation that my order was "Despatched" via Air Mail

Bad news is that they're now listed as out of stock, so it seems I got the last set. I was hoping that they would have more so some of you that have been looking for them could snag them.

I had decided I didn't need them based on what some of you said here, but then I tried to mount the pannier I bought, a Detour Fremonster, and found that it's impossible to mount it to the rails on the deck. There's just not enough room between the rail and the deck to fit the pannier hooks. From what I can tell the freeload pannier frames come with a second rail that should allow me to attach my pannier.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Free Load Racks & Panniers

When I first got my Freeload Touring Rack and Pannier Frames I tried to mount my Lone Peak Sundance panniers with the metal bar at rack height. It was a close fit but the 2 locks just couldn't quite lock down fully. I tried riding a few trails with that configuration and I wasn't happy. I was able to move the pannier frames up 1 notch which raised the frame about 2 inches. this worked fine but I wasn't able to lay exterior gear (sleeping bag, ground pad, etc) across the panniers. I could lay one item length wise and strap it down then lay other gear across the panniers. I called Freeload and spoke to them about this problem. Their reply was that they had tried to accommodate "most panniers" If you notice in most ads they show Ortlieb Panniers being used and they will attach with the frame rods in the lowest position due to how they attach (connect bottom piece then pull up then lower the 2 hooks. They also show Ortlieb Panniers attached without the pannier frames which I would never do unless I wanted to backtrack 50 miles looking for my panniers.

I really like and have gotten great use out of the Freeload system but I wasn't real impressed with the customer service. If you'd like to give me a call feel free as I have a few ideas you could try.'
    Rick
    757 619-5522

lamer
    If my pannier doesn't fit once I get the frames I might reach out to you. I should note that my main concern right now is getting this pannier working with the touring deck on my commuter bike that I ride to work. Once I decide to do some bikecamping with my Niner I'm hoping that the sport deck and my camelbak will be enough.