mtbr member

Cannondale flash 29

I just order my new carbon flash 3 and need to prep it for a week long bike packing outing in 2 months... Yes, I am cutting it close...

Curious if anyone who is using one for bike packing can share their setup? I expect to have a seat bag, frame bag and handle bar bag... Plus a small camelback...

Anyone have any pics or bag specs they can share? The frame bag looks to be the most challenging question. Good left fork setup will also be interesting...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hey Dude -I make Custom Kit in Australia under the name Bike Bag Dude -I just so happen to have a Cannondale Flash 2 here right now .There are a couple of bits on the frame require some tweaking to normal bags -the cables are very close to the underneath of the DT at the BB end.A padded strap won't really fit under -straight velcro will hurt a carbon frame .The bottom strap will need to be mounted a little higher up the DT.And the FD mount is very low and causes congestion at the very bottom corner .It is the first frame that I have noticed it being an issue .I am going to narrow the bag to deal with this .I also have other ways of carrying water bottles .Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Great info, I am sure I will understand more about your comments once I have the bike in my hands.

Any chance you can post a picture of the rig once you have it sorted?

I was thinking I'd put some 3M tape at the bag contact points to prevent frame scratching.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I will put a picture up later in the week -I am going to make a white and grey bag for it to match the bike --I am brand new to this forum -I clicked on to find a mates post and thought I would help you out with a reply as I had the bike here -If I can't get a photo up -have a look at it on FB

mtbr member
    Awesome. it would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Andrew from Bedrock Bags made my frame bag for my flash 29. Really nice work and super quick. Bedrock bags and packs I threw a thudbuster st on the back with a viscaha seat bag. And then just an REI purchased e-vent dry bag strapped to the front bars for my sleeping bag. Also one of Bedrock's Wingate stem bags for some snacks.

One thing you do have to be aware of is the lockout button on the lefty sits really high compared to normal forks so if you're planning on putting aero bars on, it's a little tight getting to that button. Here's a pic that shows what I mean:

IMG_3121 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Not a lot of clearance in there but usable.