Cannondale Snob

Camelback Hawg NV- can it hold 2 bladders?

Just what the title says. Sometimes I run out liquid and could really use the double capacity. I know the old HAWG had the loop to hold a bladder up and a hole to pass the hose through, but I don't know if the new one does. I have an Unbottled I'd like to toss in there, which just doesn't fit in my MULE.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

ballbuster
    Probably would work. One way to find out, especially if you have a Mule you can canibalize. IIRC, the Hawg has a pretty huge bag.

On longer rides, I stuff an extra bottle or two in my Mule (in addition to two bottles on the bike). Seems to me you should be able to do the same with a Hawg without trying too hard.

Unlike to keep straight up water in my Camelbak, and use bottles for sports drink.

Cannondale Snob
    Bladders- not bottles. The old HAWG was set up to carry two 100oz bladders. It had a second loop for a bladder to clip to in the main compartment and a hole that passed from the main compartment to the insulated compartment to pass the hose through. I'm asking if the new one also has this feature.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything View Post
    Bladders- not bottles. The old HAWG was set up to carry two 100oz bladders. It had a second loop for a bladder to clip to in the main compartment and a hole that passed from the main compartment to the insulated compartment to pass the hose through. I'm asking if the new one also has this feature.

Uh, yeah, I get that. Seems to me even if there were no special pockets for the bladder, you would still be able to do it. Just wedge the bastid in there, and run the hose out the same opening.

I'm saying that if a Mule has room for two bottles, a Hawg (which is like twice as fricking big) should have the room for a second bladder. Who cares if it has hangars in there for it or not. Just rig something.

To non-answer your question, I don't directly know if it has a second loop or not, but is that really gonna stop you?

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    Hawg NV has a loop and hole for hose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I've ridden with 2x100oz bladders on my back before (first time I solo'ed WRIAD and I was deathly afraid of h2o issues)....I would not recommend it at all... that's 12.5lbs in water weight on your back...

Invariably these days, if at all possible, I keep my backpack as light as possible with nothing but food and rain gear in it.

Were I to need to carry 200oz of water, it would be in the frame bag...

Cannondale Snob
    I've drank 6 gallons of gatorade in a single day of mtb-ing, and did not have to pee until I had finished riding. That's just the reality of biking hard where the temps and humidity are both in the high 90s. When you stop in the sunlight instead of in the shade, steam rises straight out of your clothes because the air cannot hold any more moisture. 100oz lasts about 1-1.5 hours, and sometimes I want to ride longer before heading back to the car to re-fill.

It's only 12.5 pounds for a little while!

Cannondale Snob
    None of the bike stores carried the HAWG, but a camping/outdoor store called Environeers had 1 in stock. A quick peek confirmed that the main compartment has a divider, plus loop and hose port to support a second 100oz bladder. I bought a new bladder to put into my "Unbottled" insulator so everything stays cool as long as possible. I like the features and the organization of the storage, and the back panel looks like it'll stay fairly cool. Can't wait to try it out!

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    I'm unreliable info :P

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Camelback Hawg NV- can it hold 2 bladders?

I can fit two in my Mule

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Camelback Hawg NV- can it hold 2 bladders?

My Hawg NV has the loop for a second bladder.