mtbr member
    May 2011

Bikepacking the colorado trail in August anyone want to join ?

Shoot me a message if you'd be interested in joining me on a bikepacking trip of the colorado trail. First week of August as the start time. 27 year old male, sandiego local looking to go as quick or slow as the particular daily mood strikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Should be a blast.

Embrace the daily squall; usually a few minutes under a tree and you're good.

I would hit the CT alone. Wrangling a partner and staying in sync is more work than it's worth, IMO. Solo is freedom. The only reason I'd take on a partner is if I genuinely wanted to spend time–lots of time–with someone.

Cheers,

Mike

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    If you've not ridden the CT before I would suggest you start at Kenosha Pass. That will get you into the good stuff right away. Not much to see East to West on seg 1-3 and a ton of climbing/hike-a-bike.

I can see Waterton Canyon(seg1) from my deck and bikepack seg 1-3 and 6 at lease once a month.
    Two of my favorite bikepacking trips is the wife drives me to Bailey and I spend 2-3 sometimes 4 days riding home (West to East).
    Would never want to do East to West. Don't have legs,lungs or spirit for it.
    The second is to 4 wheel up to Mt Guyot and jump on the CT into Breckenridge.

Best of luck hope to see a TR on your return.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970