Earlier this summer my friend Ronnie and I decided to escape into the SantaCruz mountains for a S24O starting in SantaCruz out through BigBasin to the Coast and back into town with a overnight stay at TwinRedwoods trail camp along the Skyline to the Sea Trail.

Please note that the Skyline to the Sea Trail only open to bikes below Berry Creek Falls . If you plan on attempting this route please look at a map before setting out the connecting trail is very difficult and hard to find .
For respect to the park I'm not posting the entire route we took here.

Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1054.jpg

After a nice ride up Hwy236 out of Boulder Creek we entered into the park and filled up our water bottles and grabbed some beers at the camp store then headed out on Gazos Creek Rd.

At the top of Gazos creek Rd. you will see a line of rail cars just below a very cool looking TreeHouse nestled up in the tree tops .
Due to very clearly posted no trespassing signs these pic's were as close as I could get .
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1017.jpgBig Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1019.jpg

From the TreeHouse we set out to find our connecting route to the legal portion of the Skyline to the Sea Trail .
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1057.jpgBig Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1022.jpg

After scouting our route we started our decent into camp.
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1058.jpg
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1026.jpg

On the way down we encountered a small stream , that we were forced to cross . We were greater by two giant Salamanders who let us know this was possibly the cleanest water we were gonna see for the rest of the trip .
We took this opportunity to filter water and re-fill our bottles before making the final ride out to Twin Redwoods camp .
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1031.jpg
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1039.jpg

After the stream crossing we hammered it into camp with dinner and beers on our mind !
Before leaving town we stopped bye the West Side Farmers market and picked up some fresh pasta , basil and tomatoes along with some bacon I pre-cooked the night before . I sautéed this up in my cook pan with some fresh garlic , Parmesan and White Tuffel olive oil from my good friends at Bariani !! Needless to say none was eating better than us that night
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1059.jpg
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1065.jpg

We finished off the night with some S'mores cooked over my BioLite stove
Big Basin to the Coast , a S24O adventure !-img_1048.jpg

Overall it was a really fun trip , hope everyone enjoy's these pic's as much as we did taking them .