Positively negative
    Mar 2010

Best GDR section for August?

Just put in a vacation request for the whole of August and am looking to put some miles down. I'm wondering what would be the most worthwhile section of the GDR I could do in about two weeks, that will also be rideable in late August.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Skip the divide and ride the colorado trail with me in August. Going to head out August first or so.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Banff south

By yourself you could get to Helena.. Without dawdling. Or stop in Glacier for a few days. The Canadian section is the best in my opinion.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    I actually wound up attempting a section of the North Country Trail. Unfortunately the ride got cut short due to a knee injury. I'm actually planing on going back again in August to try it again.

Cheesiest
    I would say the montanee section. The northernmost section is usually pretty nice then.
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

Good For You
    I left Antelope Wells on 8/13 and finished at Roosville on 8/22... having a Husky TE610 allows you to traverse the route a bit faster.

Although the whole route is amazing, it just gets better and better the further North you go.