Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    viva la v-brakes!
    I had mine for 6 months. the only thing that broke in was my a$$.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I put just over 2000 miles on my B-17, and tried many adjustments before I decided that it just wasn't for me. Brooks saddles have a cult following, but comfort is a lot easier for me to find in classic saddles like the Turbo, Rolls, and Concor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I always found leather saddles to be more comfortable when they're new and hard. Have to increase tension it to compensate for the break in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omiak View Post
    I always found leather saddles to be more comfortable when they're new and hard.
    I also like them on the hardish side. My old B17 is somewhat too soft (most confortable saddle ever still). I just ordered a B17 Narrow for my Pugs and lets see how it is.

I really like the Select line idea, looks exactly what I would like. But they only make the standard B17 with the Select leather, and that one is too wide for techy mtb. The alternative is the Swallow Select, but that's crazy expensive.

The Team Pro Classic is said to have thicker leather and it's cheap. But it's 160mm wide, not much less than the B17's 170mm. I doubt that would make a difference in active mtb riding.

By the way, I weight 200 pounds unequiped, which might explain my desire for thick leather saddles

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlh View Post
    I put just over 2000 miles on my B-17, and tried many adjustments before I decided that it just wasn't for me. Brooks saddles have a cult following, but comfort is a lot easier for me to find in classic saddles like the Turbo, Rolls, and Concor.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473 View Post
    I had mine for 6 months. the only thing that broke in was my a$$.
    My other two mtn bikes have WTB SpeedV's.
    After buying many different seats over a 4 year period the SpeedV was what my butt liked the best.
    Is the B17Ti as comfortable? Almost, but it is so close I am willing to see what happens after the leather softens up a bit more.
    One thing that is better with the leather is the smoothness or less friction where my pant leg rubs against the seat. No chafing so far.

04 Azonic Saber
    08 Yeti AS-x
    12 Rocky Mtn 29er Alt 970

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    Last edited by btl68; 12-15-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3