mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Zaskar replacement?

I had a '92/'93 Zaskar that I LOVED, some rat barstard stole it, looking to replace it with an old one, or something that handles the same. I loved the stiff, nimble frame and point&shoot handling. I had an AMP F-2 fork...

Suggestions?

mtbr member
    How about a new Zaskar 29'er...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Keep an eye on ebay.Put "GT MTB" in the ebay search/sporting goods.
    Don't mess with the "ZUM" version though...(zaskar urban machine=ZUM)...whole different heavier frame.
    Good luck.

Z
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I've heard too much "GT has gone to crap" to really consider a new one. I've taken a few 29'rs for rides, just fee ... odd... can't describe it other than odd....

I've been watching ebay, not sure if I want a 20 year old frame though.... found one in another thread here, my wife told me to wait till January, not sure if that's a hint that she found me one, or that she doesn't want me spending any money on bikes....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shupack View Post
    I've heard too much "GT has gone to crap" to really consider a new one. I've taken a few 29'rs for rides, just fee ... odd... can't describe it other than odd....

I've been watching ebay, not sure if I want a 20 year old frame though.... found one in another thread here, my wife told me to wait till January, not sure if that's a hint that she found me one, or that she doesn't want me spending any money on bikes....
    Check your private messages.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Zarr, if you're kicking around an old Zaskar frame and shupack isn't interested, let me know.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member

I'm pretty pleased with my 2012 GT bikes, Karakoram and Zaskar Elite. Only thing with the elite is it needs a new saddle or I gotta adjust it better. The bike itself through rules, can't wait to try and ride it to death next season.
    Last edited by droc089; 12-14-2012 at 10:15 AM.

~ B A D A S S ~
    I had a '92/'93 Zaskar that I LOVED, some rat barstard stole it, looking to replace it with an old one, or something that handles the same. I loved the stiff, nimble frame and point&shoot handling. I had an AMP F-2 fork...

Suggestions?
    Those are short top tube short travel/rigid front frames compared to todays "standard"

I like rigid too so look for slack angles in combination with long forks. those turn out to be old school normal angles with shortish rigid or short travel forks.

you can make comparisons here. geometryCalc

Personally i would get a vintage old school steel frame from the period, like spesh, marin, kona or whatever (look in the vintage forum) and have disc tabs welded to the frame and fork and just ride that. it will ride like a muddafukka!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Hello
    i have the frame zaskar 1997 size 20 inches ,frost red anodyzed in good shape with little scratches (hope seatclamp) system fsa v-drive octalink
    if you want we can agree
    also have avalanche 1998 size 19 ,nude alluminium (frames in Moscow) i can send anywhere
    and gt marathon team issue 2009 size L
    good mood
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zaskar replacement?-dsc01293.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-dsc01296.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-dsc01294.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-dsc01297.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-dsc01295.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-img_0595.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-img_20121012_172030.jpg  

Zaskar replacement?-img_20121012_172127.jpg  

Last edited by Ducaster; 12-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks, I'm looking for 18" or smaller, but I LIKE that red.