Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which would you buy?

498 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kace kool 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, posted in beginners but it seems no one goes there. I used to race bmx in high school and then crotch rockets. Looking for a new way to cure my need for speed. Bike will be everything from a trail climbing downhill attempting pavement pounding machine. So what do you think. Please don't recommend HT.

Do any of these scream buy me?

Here they are (all within $750 budget)

Thanks for the help!!!
2004 Specialized Enduro Expert (Good condition overall, never rode hard)
2003 Trek Liquid 10 (Heard from owner, bike is in great condition, never wrecked, scratches from transporting) Hydraulic brakes are in great shape, gears in great shape, may need tires down the road, obviously)
2009 IBEX ignition sport (Brand New)
2006 Trek Liquid (Excellent condition Never crashed, bought brand new. New tires. according to seller, 200 miles)

Prices range from $650 to $750

Thanks for the help!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe I'll make it easier. I'm leaning toward the 06 Trek. Is their anything negative about it? Are all of the components high grade?

Will it suit me well as my first mountain bike?

Front Fork- Manatu Minute 5 " travel
Rear Shock- Manatu Swinger 3 way SPV
Brakes- Hayes Disc
Wheels- Bontrager Race Lite Tubeless
Shifters- Scram X-9
Rear derailer- Scram X-9
Crank- Shimano XT
Friont derailer- Shimano XT
Stem, Seat Post, and Saddle- Bonreager Race Lite

#4 ·
I like the Enduro Expert. It has a better suspension than the other bikes and has a Fox fork. It looks like its priced to sell. You will need to be between 509 and 600 for a decent fit. The liquids are pretty decent but I will vote on the Enduro. Pin the size down first and dont buy a bike thats too big or small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.