Thread: Worth $180?

GIANT Rider

Worth $180?

Last edited by indcolts18288; 05-21-2011 at 03:01 PM.

GIANT Rider
    I know everything there is to know about BMX parts/components and how they fit. Like i said before, I'm new to MTBs. This Specialized looks like a pretty old model which is what I like. The first thing I'd change on it besides the obvious parts is the forks. Just wanna know if you guys think this is worth $180? I'm already gonna ask him if he'll take $160.

Ride Responsibly
    $50 tops

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWright
    $50 tops
    I'll see your $50, and lower you $10
    ti Nuke Proof SS
    ti Moots Mooto X YBB

GIANT Rider
    OK I get it. POS lol. Maybe I'll ask him if he will just give it to me then I'll give it to me

Ride Responsibly
    Not a POS, just not worth that much, unless you consider bio-pace rings some kind of priceless antique.

dirtbag
    Concur, $50 limit.

Looks like an early 90s bike judging from the shifters and biopace crankset. Hell, probably the original chain that's rusted to all hell.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by signalMTB
    I'll see your $50, and lower you $10
    I'll see your $40 and lower your another $10
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    in the 200 dollar price range, i'm sure you can find something newer. i got an 05 hardrock pro disc for 75 last year off craigslist. all it really needed was shifters. i've since just parted it out and used what i wanted, but sometimes you can find good deals if you jump on them. speaking of bmx, i'm going to pickup a mid 90s 24" redline cruiser for hopefully under 100 bucks today, that should be fun.

GIANT Rider
    I told the guy I'd give him $50 and he told me that was an insult lol. The frame he said he "thinks" was a 13inch which is small for me but I was gonna buy it as a project. Not now lol.

It's about showing up.
    '94 Rockhopper w/ rust and crud. There is oxidation throughout the bike. From the look of it the bike was poorly stored. I'll bet that if you ran your hands over the spokes they would feel gritty. Check the seatpost/seattube for rust as it is a steel bike.

Usually a bike like that takes alot of elbow grease to bring back but it is a nice machine. $25 for cables and housings. $20 in brake pads. . New chain $30. Possible tires and tubes.
    The seller is poorly informed about the value of the bike as it is. You did not insult him, just burst his bubble.

No more than $50-75. Say you buy it, put the dollars into it and spnd 20-30 hours bringng it back then you have a bike you couldn't sell to get you rmoney back but a bike you could trust. In that scenario this bike works.At $150-$200? Not a chance.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by indcolts18288
    I told the guy I'd give him $50 and he told me that was an insult lol. The frame he said he "thinks" was a 13inch which is small for me but I was gonna buy it as a project. Not now lol.
    Yes, run away from this. The real insult is all the CLers who are so proud of their crap and try to convince buyers that it's cheap compared to a new Rockhopper.
    "Hardly ridden" (was a cheap, entry-level bike bought by someone who never considered cycling seriously)
    "Stored inside" (under a tarp until the wind blew it into the neighbor's yard)
    "Well maintained by a shop" (well, at least for the first free adjustment)
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    who wants pay even 30 dollars for that piece of crap?