Thread: Woodstock 707

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Woodstock 707

I am new to this site. Has any body rode the woodstock 707? I can not find much of anything regarding cons on this bike. I am 6' 230 and ride single speed but want a full suspension just to have. everything I read says this is the best bike for the $. Being 230lbs will this Manitou Radium take my poundage? I am new to full suspension, so any help would be great.

Thanx

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I just placed my order for a Woodstock 707 last night. Beer is a good lubricant for purse strings. I live in Alabama, so it will be here 1 day after it ships. I hope it goes out tomorrow.

I too could not find any significant bad press. The only significant, expensive to replace, component that has less than a 3 rating on mtbr reviews is the Manitou Axel Elite fork, scoring a 2.84.

I have the same concerns about the Radium's ability to suspend my portly frame. I fluctuate between 220-240 (a lot closer to 220 lately, thankfully) and am 6'2". I've pretty much written this component off and will start saving for a Cane Creek Cloud Nine. I've read reviews that it's withstood 250#ers with no probs, plus it's easy to maintain.

I'll let ya know how the Woody works out.

Freshly Fujified

The Radium will be fine, but....

The Axel will be a bit noodly at your weight. The fork has 28.6 mm stanchions, and at the weight you gauys are, they will flex. Other than that, the bike should be fine, just look to be swapping that fork out once you realize it's limitations in this sense.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    wait! I think you ordered azure. if I remember you correctly....
    did you have a problem with it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Old thread

Yes I got my Azure and I F*%#@'n love it. what a great bike for $899 I ordered it the day before the price hike. I am used to my 23# single speed but with a new wheel set ( crossmax) from my single speed I have a sweet ride for sub $1000. I plan on putting my psylo on(maybe)..

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Dale
    Yes I got my Azure and I F*%#@'n love it. what a great bike for $899 I ordered it the day before the price hike. I am used to my 23# single speed but with a new wheel set ( crossmax) from my single speed I have a sweet ride for sub $1000. I plan on putting my psylo on(maybe)..
    I thought you have some problems with your azure and looking for woodstock
    I was surprised RS raised their price. you made a right decision at right time.
    anyway, pictues?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Got my 707 today. It was well packaged. No bumps or bruises. Every manual for just about every part is included.

Everything went together nice and easy.

This is my first foray into disc brakes. The Avid BB5s are a pain to get situated. I almost have them figured out though. Finally got them well centered and stopping a hand spun wheel, but I couldn't lock them while on board. I probably need to let out the adjustment knobs a bit to tighten the tension and perhaps bring the static pad a click or two towards the rotor. I dislike dialing in disc brakes more than troubleshooting a rear derailleur.

More to come as I figure things out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishapman
    Got my 707 today. It was well packaged. No bumps or bruises. Every manual for just about every part is included.

Everything went together nice and easy.

This is my first foray into disc brakes. The Avid BB5s are a pain to get situated. I almost have them figured out though. Finally got them well centered and stopping a hand spun wheel, but I couldn't lock them while on board. I probably need to let out the adjustment knobs a bit to tighten the tension and perhaps bring the static pad a click or two towards the rotor. I dislike dialing in disc brakes more than troubleshooting a rear derailleur.

More to come as I figure things out.
    The breaks also need some break in time ..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Finally got the brakes to have rider throwing power. YEAH!

This Radium is tripping me out a bit. It's like a solid metal rod. I've only got 100 psi in it and I get no sag...and I weigh 225 pounds. 70 psi finally got the sag right.

Now it's time to get it dirty.
    Last edited by Mishapman; 04-16-2008 at 06:29 PM.