mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Will this frame fit me?

Hi, I saw online that someone is selling a 95/96 kona fire mt. bike. They say its 49cm which converts to 18.5 frame. So I can not get there to see if it will fit me. I am only interested in the bike to use as a beater and never had a kona and always wanted one.

I am 5'10" with a 30"inseam. Does anyone know if it will fit me. I currently have a 17/18 mtb bike from the late 90's. No bike store around me has a 19" mtb. in a 26"inch tire size.
    appreciated.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It sounds a trifle big, but not by much. You really need to watch the classifieds, many people don't have a clue as to sizing and will put in numbers that are wrong. Get some photos from the seller showing the dimension with a tape measure.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It is a used bike shop and you probably right just a trifle big. My desire to get the bike is greater than a need but never had a kona and would like to get one from the 90's that is steel. Its at a low price too. I havent talked to them yet. I was waiting for someone here to give opinion. I might try and emailing them.
    Plus the city is like a hour drive which I will do. You might ask why the desire its cause back in the day too poor to get one. LOL. Its usually the case for all of us for something that we always wanted.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No dude, I totally get what you are saying. I've always liked Konas too. Hope it fits good and you are lucky enough to snag it.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    May 2012
    About how to Choose the Right Frame Size, My suggestion is standing in your socks with a thin hardcover book, spine facing up, between your legs, against your groin. Measure your inseam from the spine of the book to the floor in centimeters. Multiply the result by 0.65 to get your road bike frame size. Subtract 10 to 12 cm for your mountain bike equivalent, hope this is helpful for you.