Caffeine User

Wilier Solitario

Has anyone ridden a Solitario or seen any reviews on it? Nice looking bike, manufacturer has good reputation, still would like to hear some feedback.

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    I've only test ridden one of their road bikes (the Mimosa which is the same as the Izoard). If they managed to get their mountain bikes to accelerate like this thing they would be crazy fast. When I first pushed down on the pedals the bike shot forward so fast I was glad I was clipped into it or I might have found myself on my arse behind it! The ride was fast and stiff and reasonably comfortable. At least in the road bike frame they don't aim so much for damping/compliance in their carbon (so it's not as comfortable as say a Trek Madonne or a Felt or an Orbea), but they have stiff and fast down to an artform.

My guess is the mountain bike will be stiff, quick, and nimble if it's anything like their road bikes (big if).

The Izoard is top of my list of road bikes so far if I can get it to fit. The mountain bike looks interesting, but I'm a full suspension sort of person so rigid just isn't for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have one and rode it during the summer, super stiff bike good angles and looks wicked, I am a huge wilier fan though as i have had two of their road bikes including my current 2008.5 Le Roi kit chrome and love them.