mtbr member
    Jun 2006

What's a good price for used Gary Fisher Rangitoto

Hi I'm a 15yr old looking for a bike for transportation around town, but not one of those cheap ones. So my friend has a Gary Fisher Rangitoto that he can sell, I've looked it up and its msrp is $1200. Well i dont know much about bikes but it has Shimano Acera X front deraileur and breaks, Shimano STX rear deraileur, Tioga Psycho Tires, and SR DuoTrack 8001 front shocks. I tested the bike and and love it, it rides and shifts very smoothly, also the breaking is very quick. So how much do you think the bike is worth, im looking to spend from 300-500. I want to know what the price range is so i wont get ripped off.
    Oh and the bike has a few small paint knicks, otherwise in excellent condition.

ride hard take risks
    From what i have found it's about a 1994 vintage & worth about $75 at the very most.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    From what i have found it's about a 1994 vintage & worth about $75 at the very most.
    ditto...used to have one, bought it new in 93. served well for about 6 years. great frame construction, but really crap components. and the listed $1200 is more crap than the Alivio brakeset...I paid $475 new.