mtbr member
    Aug 2008

What would you do...

Kind of a cross post with the SC forum. Quick story: I've been trying to build a bike up for awhile now. Sadly, it's not progressing well. I have a Canfield Yelli Screamy frame and Fox F29 fork. Due to money issues, I likely won't be able to complete it by the end of the summer. However, if i buy complete bikes, I could get one rather soon. Except, it would require me selling the Yelli Screamy. I've had the chance to ride it prior to buying and it's a fun bike, but various things make me want to try to get a new bike this summer because I'm going to have less time in the future. So, here are my options:

Suck it up and keep the Yelli Screamy and fork. Probably won't complete the bike until November, and by then, the riding season is over.

Buy a Santa Cruz Highball Al. The D XC is $1,500. I may be able to keep the fork and replace the Tora on the SC. Maybe.

I've found a couple of used SC Blur LTs on Fleabay for rather cheap. I could probably swing them now.

What's your opinion?
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (Stolen). I hope you break both kneecaps of the jerk who stole you.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Get out and ride! The point of having a bike is to ride it. Let me re-frame the question: Would you rather have a bike you could ride or would you rather have a bike that you can not?