mtbr member
    Jul 2013

What Do You Think of an Apollo Summit 2013?

Hello, this is my first post, so sorry if it is the wrong area. But anyway, what are your thoughts my bike, an Apollo Summit 2013?

T.W.O.
    More important, what do you think about your bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Well, I think it's fine, it has a good ride and is light, just asking for others' opinions.

T.W.O.
    Most important thing about your first bike is you have to like it. If it looks good feels good, it would get you out on the trail more. I don't know if Apollo sells here in US but it looks good. The components seem to be on par with the bike here.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    There's probably not many people on here would know anything about a Apollo Summit, you're asking about an Australian bike/brand/model on a forum that's mostly US orientated.

2013 Bicycle Range - SUMMIT - Apollo Bikes

After having a quick look at it I'd say that it'd probably comparable to a Trek 3 Series bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ahhh, so that's why I didn't find any posts about Apollo. But still, thanks.

I AM I AM
    Yeah try Rotorburn forums perhaps, even still you might not get that much feedback as brands like Specialized, Giant and Trek seem more popular.
    For $500 I doubt you would do much better unless you got a good 2nd hand buy.
    If you want something to compare to from another brand then a Giant Boulder would be a good comparison. And the 27.5" wheel Giant Talon is pretty great value with Tektro hydraulic brakes!
    Talon 27.5 5 (2014) (2013) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | Australia

I am somewhat biased towards Giant bikes because they do tend to offer really good value for money (in Aus) compared to other brands, and I've owned a couple of bikes from them before (Trance & STP). I have however also owned a Specialized (Hardrock a long time ago) and currently own an Apollo (it's a Taos C that I got for half price because it was a year or two old even though it was new in the shop).

If you really like a particular bike shop then it would be wise to buy the best bike they can offer you in your price range, regardless of the brand. You've got to be happy with what it looks like and how it fits though, some of the other things can be changed down the track.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hmm, I quite like the bike, although I had some issues with the headset thingy (bent star fangled nut). When this is fixed, what do you think the max ability the bike has? i.e Trail, gravel, mountain etc.

Thanks.

EDIT: The Summit has a M3020 Fork instead of the M3010 as per the specs page. The rear derailleur is a M390 Acera, NOT a M360 Acera.