mtbr member

What bikes/frames come with a remote Fox CTD shock?

I'm thinking of picking up a FS bike & trying my hand at Enduro's. I like the concept of the remote shock/fork adjustment on the Scott bikes and the Fox CTD. I understand the Fox CTD forks can be readily adapted for remotes but the shock cannot. So I'm wondering what bikes/frames out there come with a remote Fox CTD shock? I've done a little browsing and haven't found any that come with it yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There is probably a reason why no one has responded. Honestly, choosing a frame specifically based on it having a ctd remote shock is a terrible idea. It leaves you with a very limited choices and should not be the main crieria for selecting your bike. You would be much better off if you found the frame you wanted based on fit, geometry, travel and other valid traits. If you really can't deal with simply flipping a switch and need the remote then sell the factory shock and replace with remote version.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: What bikes/frames come with a remote Fox CTD shock?

Mnigro, great call, but, i would just add: most frames come with a fox shock that is very carefully tuned to the frame's spring rate and leverage ratio, with a specific velocity tune, boost valve setting, and rebound tune. It may be hard to find a ctd that matches those specs, especially with remote. If you're set on this, make sure its possible to obtain it first. If you change those settings more than a little, the result could be a bike that feels like cement or like a pogostick.

Also, they might have after market remote add on kits. Or you might be able to custom order direct from fox.

mtbr member
    Like ddprocter mentioned, I wanted the shock to be tuned for the frame. The Rocky Mountain Element was the only bike I found but not really the bike I'm looking for, so I'll forgo remote shock control this go around. Thanks!