Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Well, I've tried a couple Kona's Cinder Cone and Hoss

510 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Joe - Kona 
#1 ·
I tried the Cinder Cone and Hoss. I like them both but can't decide on which. The Hoss is about $100 cheaper but is about 4 or 5 pounds heavier. Really, I think either one would fit my riding needs. I'm 6'3 and a half and 178 pounds so I don't think I need the hoss for the durability but it wouldn't hurt. Also, what would be better to go with the 20" frame or 22"?
Is there anything that anyone can say to convince me on one or the other?

Thanks,

Coops

#2 ·
Coops said:
I tried the Cinder Cone and Hoss. I like them both but can't decide on which. The Hoss is about $100 cheaper but is about 4 or 5 pounds heavier. Really, I think either one would fit my riding needs. I'm 6'3 and a half and 178 pounds so I don't think I need the hoss for the durability but it wouldn't hurt. Also, what would be better to go with the 20" frame or 22"?
Is there anything that anyone can say to convince me on one or the other?

Thanks,

Coops
Coops,
At your weight, you don't need the Hoss, unless you're a very abusive rider. That doesn't mean it's not fine for you. At your height, I'd say go with the 20" in Hoss, or 21" in Cinder Cone.
Let me know if you have any questions on the two bikes,
Joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.