mtbr member

Water inside my Specialized Enduro frame

I was riding Saturday morning including some showers of light/medium rain. When I got back I washed the bike with a soft brush followed by a (gentle) rinse with the hose.
    Later in the day I turned the bike upside down and observed a few drips of water coming out by the seat-post. I took the seat-post off and about a cup of muddy water came out.
    How is that quantity of water getting in? I am assuming it was during the ride and not the wash since it was muddy and not at all soapy. Before I took the seat-post out it was only dripping water slowly when upside down and not leaking at all the right way up. So how did a load of water get in?
    My bike is a 2014 Carbon Enduro; so I guess I don't need to worry about frame corrosion but I am still concerned. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    BB, seatpost, etc or just sweat when big temperature differences occur, actually that might not apply to carbon frames.

Water will get in there somehow and than kills your bb, some people take their seat post out and let it sit upside down to drain the water out.

mtbr member
    Don't think it gets in the BB: this frame has BB30 and if I recall correctly the BB area is not open to the rest of the frame like some aluminium bikes.
    The seat-post is not exactly sealed but close to. The seat-post cable does go into the frame but the place it goes in looks quite sealed up.
    I have observed some drops of water inside other bike frames and would agree that some will get in somehow but I am really puzzled at this quantity of water getting in.