Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Video to download

926 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  gonzostrike 
#1 ·
It's not much... but I have posted a collection of 2004 clips in music video format on our site for you guys to download. It's 36MB, but I think it came out pretty decent. I used Adobe Premiere to edit with... that is a very powerful piece of software, although it does have a steep learning curve.

The video consists mainly of footage from Mt St Anne and the Maine Winter Sports Complex.

Anyway.. posted here since I am more familiar with you guys than most of the other board regulars. This is not spam... just sharing some of our footage with you guys. We always bring a camcorder or camera along when we ride. You just never know.....

http://www.boutiquebikes.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=67&func=fileinfo&parent=category&filecatid=7

#8 ·
hosting done via http://www.icdsoft.com OUTSTANDING host with great bandwidth and exceptional prices. I looked long and hard for a host and have used them for 2 years with zero downtime that I know of.

After sorting through a bunch of video, I realized that some stuff that looks really good in person, or on a bike, just looks plain boring on video. Next year's vid will be better having learned from this year's and last year's. I will post last years on the site as well after I reformat it.

The vid is encoded to VCD spec is anyone puts them on CD for play in a set-top box. I am not sure why you would, but I collect the ones that people post and burn them to CD for better viewing.

#10 ·
Oh, I agree whole heartedly. We really missed a ton of great footage at Mont At Anne due to bad timing or just being too damn lazy to pull the camera out. Not in the way of sick stunts, but bad headers more than anything.

Also.. in the excuse dept.. you were watching a bunch of old guys (late 30's) and a kid (11 yo). We will get there next year I hope. Doing a video really gave us more appreciation to what the real vid makers must go through. Weeks of shooting full days for minutes of useable footage. '

I think more than anything, I am looking for feedback on editing, music selection etc. I know the riding is nothing special, but that will get better as well.... I hope. Hopefully my new Uzzi will instill unbelieveable confidence.

Thanks for the critiques guys... keep them coming.

#11 ·
Get a helmet cam! Lets you get great ffotage while riding at the smae time :) Putting some in there really makes a video more fun to watch. They are pretty reasonabaly priced, usually under $200, and the one my friend boguht gives really nice quality video. If you are doing more cross country type riding they are good for capturing that type of riding. They are also totally sweet for recording a first persion view of that beasty 15' drop....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.