mtbr member

Value of Haro XLS R5???

My trailbike is a 2004 Haro XLS R5. I just built a Salsa Caballero as a "race" bike (if you can consider my slow a$$ a racer). Additionally, I just received a Felt F65 for my birthday (I'm married to the greatest wife). So, a friend of mine was admiring my Haro and my wife was saying since I don't ride it as much, maybe I should sell it to the friend. I think this is a pretty good idea (money for upgrades on other bikes). My problem is: What is a fair price for this bike?
    Price New: $1000.00
    I paide: $750.00
    Pics below of rubbed off paint, otherwise in great shape.

2004 Haro XLS R5

Fork: Rock Shox Judy XC 100mm
    Shock: Rock Shox Bar adjust air
    Cranks: TruVativ Firex
    BB: TruVativ Gigapipe SL ISIS
    Shifters: Deore
    Brake levers: Tektro
    F Derailleur: Deore
    R Derailleur: LX
    Wheels: Alex DH19
    Other stuff is pretty generic (e.g. Haro seatpost, etc)

I've had it for almost 2 years.
    Is $400.00 too much, not enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is difficult for some people to use the two words "too" and "to" appropriately.

"I had to go where I went, to get where I am. Any other path would have taken me elsewhere, and I may have missed the joy."

mtbr member
    I'd say $400 is a good price. That seems pretty fair all around.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the response, I have been looking all over to find some prices on used XLS R5s, but I couldn't find any. None on eBay or other classified ad websites. I thought $400 was reasonable, but I didn't want to charge too much for a friend.
    It is difficult for some people to use the two words "too" and "to" appropriately.

"I had to go where I went, to get where I am. Any other path would have taken me elsewhere, and I may have missed the joy."

mtbr member
    I would agree, 400 seems about right.

Matt

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    It's a great frame and looks like it's good condition, but it's still a two-year-old mid-level bike with very average components and has seen a lot of use. If it's for a friend, I'd probably drop to $350. Yeah, it would be nice to have more money for your own upgrades, but the friendship and good karma from giving a buddy a good deal is well worth the extra money you might have gotten.

ride hard take risks
    I'll 3rd that $400 is a fair price for it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLud
    It's a great frame and looks like it's good condition, but it's still a two-year-old mid-level bike with very average components and has seen a lot of use. If it's for a friend, I'd probably drop to $350. Yeah, it would be nice to have more money for your own upgrades, but the friendship and good karma from giving a buddy a good deal is well worth the extra money you might have gotten.
    Thanks everyone for the replies. My intention with posting here was to prevent overcharging my friend. I really didn't know for sure what a fair price was. I actually discussed with my friend the responses I received here and then offered to reduce the price, but they felt the $400 was fair..

mtbr member

ride hard take risks