mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Uprade giant revel 2

what upgrades can i make to my giant revel 2?

T.W.O.

Uprade giant revel 2

New fox rlc 100 fork
    Chris king or industry nine wheelset
    SRAM x11 groups
    Can you say bling?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Whats broken or not working the way you want? Upgrade that.

mtbr member
    As it's an entry level bike it wouldn't be so wise to spend a fortune on upgrades. Two routes you can go - ride it and upgrade anything that wears/breaks or replace anything you feel hinders the bike's performance right away.

If you do the latter, great performance gains are made by upgrading fork, wheels and possibly brakes. However, the most bang for buck upgrade is tires. Get something that suits your style/terrain and you allready have a more efficient and controled ride. Don't be afraid to go bigger if the terrain is rough, esp. on the front wheel.

I wouldn't bother with shifters and derailleurs, as long as they are properly adjusted, even low end 8sp stuff is fine.

It's best to ride your bike stock for a while, feel where it hurts and replace accordingly. Also best to be patient and hunt bargains/used stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    BB7s to replace the tektros, a lighter wheelset, and possibly a crank upgrade would be my upgrades if I was going to keep it. Is it a revel 29 or 26? I had a 26 revel that I put many miles on while falling in love with mtb riding.

Upgrade items that you can use on another bike if you upgrade in the future.

eff
    mtbr member

Re: Uprade giant revel 2

Upgrade the fork. I killed my stock fork in a few months. It isn't made for anything other than paved bike paths. I went with a Manitou Minute Expert.

I also upgraded the crankset and drive train to1x9 but that was not necessary. I just wanted to do it and glad I did.

Brakes are also on my list. I did replace the levers with Avid Speed Dials. They made a big difference on how the Tektros work.

Have fun and replace things that break, needed for better fitment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2