Hello everyone, I am currently riding a pretty sweet hardtail (2010 SC Chameleon) which I'm loving, but I am quickly progressing and already outgrew the bike, it's time for an upgrade!

Since SC has been my pretty much only 'serious' bike I am interested in sticking with them. I researched quite a bit on frames/completes and came across the SC Heckler. I'd say I'm sold although I didn't demo it.

Anyways, I am 95% certain about the Heckler, the only downside to this bike is the build kit SC put on it, which seems pretty terrible according to the reviews. I was also planning to build my first bike from the frame up, so this actually works for me.

Frame is retailed at $1300-1400 MSRP as of now (2014) and my budget would be around $2500-3000 so a bunch of room for serious parts! Can you tell how stoked I am? Haha.

Alright, like I mentioned this would be my first time putting my own bike together (the Chameleon was bought used). To put it bluntly, I have absolutely no clue when it comes to the rest of bike parts. Here are some pointers to give you guys guidance:

- Riding Ontario trails, lots of ups and downs (been having some troubles with ups due to heavy ass bike)
- Pretty much AM rider, I love to go up, down, jump, jump, down.
- Tubeless is must, wheel width? Somewhere around 2.3 with good grip but not overkill
- No carbon, unless fits in budget, usually too pricey
- Fork? Around 140-160mm should do the trick
- Heckler is 27.5" so keep that in mind
- Drivetrain? 2x10 or 2x9
- I've only tried long stem, no clue how short stem would feel

Like I said, I'm new to all of this (spending $3k on a bike) so please bare with me, if I missed any info let me know and I'll try my best to fill in the holes!

Thanks for any contribution, DoubleD.