Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1273
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow, the FATTY of all fats. Very cool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Those are some meaty Treads!! With every sweet build posted im more and more wondering when my build will start? Dmitry????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    How's the flex on these?

I'm 235lbs, thinking about a long travel 140mm bike that mirrors a Honzo in everything but weight, and a Carver in everything but price.

Any get something similar who can give me an idea about what it would cost? I'm in no rush.
    PHeller,

At your weight I wouldn't worry at all. He built me a beautiful road frame and I'm close to 300lbs. Granted a mtbk frame is going to take more abuse but as far as flex and stiffness goes you can't go wrong with it. He can always put gussets near the head tube for added stiffness and you can go with oversized seat and chainstays to add stiffness as well.
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Tank View Post
    Those are some meaty Treads!! With every sweet build posted im more and more wondering when my build will start? Dmitry????
    And i have been waiting 17 months since payment now. Getting really annoyed by how you treat some customers Dmtry.
    You said i will get my bike summer 2012, this summer you said the same. I have sent 2 or 3 mails the last month, no answer. 1month ago you told me i would get the drawings "next weekend" but 1month later, no drawings.

We are three people now which have been waiting longer than usual, and all of us have the same problem with communication, and you have broken promises you have given to us.
    Getting really annoyed now. Can't recommend anyone to buy a frame from you guys, doesn't seem to me that you can be trusted.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    And i have been waiting 17 months since payment now. Getting really annoyed by how you treat some customers Dmtry.
    You said i will get my bike summer 2012, this summer you said the same. I have sent 2 or 3 mails the last month, no answer. 1month ago you told me i would get the drawings "next weekend" but 1month later, no drawings.

We are three people now which have been waiting longer than usual, and all of us have the same problem with communication, and you have broken promises you have given to us.
    Getting really annoyed now. Can't recommend anyone to buy a frame from you guys, doesn't seem to me that you can be trusted.
    Dear Skorp,

I responded to your email.
    Let me please cancel this order.

I mentioned it a few times before here: e do not make trials frames. I do not accept new orders on trials frames. We focused on XC and road frames.
    We are developing tooling and drawings to finish these three trials frames that we owe. Then no more custom frames. You cannot recommend or not recommend something that will never be made again.

I may not respond because I want to respond you with some results. The engineer is working out the trials frames.

I want to have this finished more than you.
    I am very sorry for your crazy wait.

These kind of messages are really sad to read.

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-trials-3d.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-trials-3d-2.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-trials-3d-3.jpg
    TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    At the time you took my order you were still making trials frames, so that's no exuse!
    I can't recommend Triton after how you have treated us. I know the frames are top notch, and I have heard of people who have broken their frames and got them fixed no probs.. but that is not what i'm talking about here.

I do not want to buy a new frame, im not angry because you have my money. I trust you with that, i'm angry because you have not kept your deals with this order.

I will think about what you wrote in the mail, about refunding. There is no frame in the market wich can be put against your's. They are the best for me, that's why I ordered in the first place.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    At the time you took my order you were still making trials frames, so that's no exuse!
    I can't recommend Triton after how you have treated us. I know the frames are top notch, and I have heard of people who have broken their frames and got them fixed no probs.. but that is not what i'm talking about here.

I do not want to buy a new frame, im not angry because you have my money. I trust you with that, i'm angry because you have not kept your deals with this order.

I will think about what you wrote in the mail, about refunding. There is no frame in the market wich can be put against your's. They are the best for me, that's why I ordered in the first place.
    Unfortunately I was not the "decision maker" when I got to the situation where trials frames had to be stopped. As I did not own the production shop that I outsourced Triton's trials projects from.
    Now we have our own shop and great freedom of building nice frames. But we have to catch up and make a lot of tooling. And that just takes crazy time.

I don't think there was a single trials frame ever made after your order.
    TRA got a standard frame I had, that has been built quite a lot in advance.
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Guys, I am sorry for flooding the thread with personal discussions.
    I feel pain that we don't make trials frames anymore. I have been too long in the trials world to just drop it forever..

Anyway, I haven't posted much since my trip to States.
    Meanwhile we have been very busy building frames and bikes. Here are some photos taken in May:

Triton Defiance
    29er touring frame equipped with Paragon flanged sliders, Rohloff compattible.
    Shipped to Australia

Street frame shipped to our first customer from Singapore!
    Quite advanced:
    - 44mm headtube, tapered fork compatible
    - Paragon Post Mount
    - Paragon ISCG05 mounts

PostMount

44mm headtube

Together with the team car

Dad standing with the freshly built 29er frame for our first customer from Israel

Random photo of 31.8mm seat tube and welds around it

Bashguard for a kid's bike being designed

Finished

Triton Gordey V2 20" kid's bike with the futuristic fork

Bashguard installed

Size comparison

26" XC oriented bike with some nice gear. Hand brushed finish with bead blasted decals.

Same equipment. Different geo and beadblasted finish

Detailed photos of our first fatbike frame - Triton Chuchunya.
    Chuchunya is how they call Yetis in Yakutia, very far North East of Russia.

Rocker dropouts with beadblasted "socks"

Postmount

WIDE

Hard bead blasted decals over hand brushed frame

44mm headtubes all the way!

We now have a new employee!
    Norbert is taking a degree in engineering and works for Triton Bikes on a part-time basis.
    He knows how to use lathe and mill so he has let us build frames faster!

All day, all night

More to follow!

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Answered on mail.
    If you give me a date my frame will be finished, i have no problems waiting.

From Russia with luv!
    We have finally received the Triton Bikes team unform.
    All items have been made in Lallio, Italy by the famous SMS Santini factory.

- Triton Bikes team summer jerseys, short sleeve, full-length zip, three back pockets.
    - Triton Bikes team shorts, no BIBs for faster toilet action, elastic bands, Coolmax Techno Max padding.
    - Triton Bikes team summer gloves, full length, antishock soft padding.

Our welder Sasha during his bike trip from Berlin to Prague

Me practising trials in the Triton outfit

Made in Italy

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Our Australian customer, Hugh Harvey is now taking part in the Great Tour Divide race. Hugh is riding his freshly built Triton Defiance 29er touring bike equipped with Rohloff hub.
    He has been doing great, reaching 13th position at some point, among 143 other riders.

You can follow Hugh’s progress here: Hugh_Harvey - Tour Divide 2013 individual history by trackleaders.com

Photos Hugh took in Australia before the Tour Divide

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Im in the same boat.....waiting for almost 2 yrs and I will continue to wait as I have already purchased dropouts, brake mounts, stem plates etc for my build. All I ask is for some idea of build time, I was told vis email it would have been completed by now back in Feb. I also refused the refund because I really want a Triton Frame, Fork and Stem. SO looks like we will wait for the results you mentioned...but to get results you need a schedule first and all were asking is for some point of reference for completion. Is it 1 month 2 months 6 months??????

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Can we get some update's or better yet some pics of the builds????

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Tank View Post
    Can we get some update's or better yet some pics of the builds????
    We are very close to the build pics. At least of the first trials / street-trials frame.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Awesome!!!! Cant wait to see the Pics of the much overdue and FINAL Trials and street frames and Forks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Any Update Pics??????

AZ
    banned
    Pics? Throw us a bone Dmitry, puhleeeeeze?.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Still Waiting.....

mtbr member
    ^ Yea! It might be, like a nine month wait though.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-fatty-1.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-fatty-2.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-fatty-3.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-fatty-4.jpgTriton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-fatty-5.jpgI've fitted my brakes. Aside from the obvious hose trimming needed. Its done!

Rides perfectly. Wanted it to have stabile handling for snow trail use, while not handling like a tractor. Its spot on.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
    A big boy did it, and ran away.
    62*28'

meow, meow.
    Every time I see a Hope brake installed on a machined or faced mount, I rejoice.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    ^ Yea! It might be, like a nine month wait though.
    Ti Tank's is an absolutely different case. As it is a type of frame that we are still working out (tooling).
    There have already been a few road frames that required only 1-3 months wait.
    29ers take longer though.
    Unusual projects take longer too.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hope the tooling gets worked out quickly...... Im soo looking forward to a rideable, dialed in frame set

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Time frame

So on average, how long does a 29er frame take to build and ship out? Thanks.

mtbr member

Good Things Come to those Who Wait ....

I will start my response by saying I have never met Dmitry or any of the guys at Triton, but I was one of the first MTBR users to get one of his frames and do a review. It can be found here ... Triton Bikes Ti 29er ... Giving it a Try! Perhaps my thread led to much more familiarity with Triton, perhaps it didn’t, but when I read peoples frustrations on this thread, I feel partial responsibility. Maybe I am being a bit narcissist, but I do feel my Triton thread did bring Triton more into the spotlight. I also think it was bound to happen with or without me because of the great work Dmitry completes.

Flashback to mid 2010 when my search for an affordable short CS 29er began. I quickly realized when my search had started that none of the Chinese builders would do chainstays below 17.5". Heck, even some of the US builders refused to go below 17.5”, and those who did, cost 3 times or more than my Triton frame.

In mid 2010 other than a brief mention on MTBR by EnglishT, I could find little information on Triton on the web, but email discussions with Dmitry made me feel comfortable, so I ordered my frame.

Back in 2010 Dmitry did not have his own shop. He did not have his own Paypal. Account. Most Triton frames I saw were trials frames or unicycles. My frame was built in another factory, but Dmitry was there to make certain my frame came out great.

The frame was great! I rode the snot out of it for 2 years without any issues, and like an idiot, I sold it because of the insane obsession I have with trying new bikes. I regret that sale to this minute, and wish I could get back on a Triton frame, but Dmitry would have to put me on some sort of payment plan for that to happen.

Dmitry has his own shop now, and I speculate the relationship he had with the former shop he did contract work with is not the best because he is taking their business and they don’t want to work with him any longer. Pure SPECULATION on my part!

Now, Dmitry has these three trials frames he needs to complete ... and being the type of guy he is, pure speculation on my part again, he is not going to let his former shop screw him over and he is not going to produce crappy frames just to fulfill the order. Dmitry is detail oriented.

My frame was drooled on by many local riders who loved the workmanship. I suspect Dmitry is going to build 3 trials frames that will ROCK! You just need to relax and give him time. Perhaps Dmitry should give you guys more regular updates, but you guys need to cut him some slack or get a refund.

I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 into this matter. Take my advice for what it is worth.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast