Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1269
    mtbr member

Re: Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)

come to spain....... can,t remenber any titanium frame builder.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    We'll be there with the crazy 36" project we made for DirtySixer

Dmitry

That picture made me lol, it makes the rider look like a midget.

Come to the U.K! You can stay at my house in exchange for building me a bike

Loving your work, keep it up

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Dmitry,

Looks like you had a blast at Sea Otter!! Now that your back from Cali can I get an update on my frame.fork & stem.

Thx

Don

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Those are some big wheels.

wyrd bi ful rd
    Going from strength to strength Dmitry ... well done ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hi Dmtry!
    Any news on my bike?
    Been some time since i've got a answer from you on mail, are there any problems?

Cheers, Vegard

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That was the same reason I asked Dmitry for my money back, he did refund the money so he is an honest guy. He needs to communicate better with people, a simple email that's all!!

mtbr member
    May 2013

Good job!

Great thread! Without knowing it, you all convinced me to finally seriously consider a custom frame. My days of steerer extenders, adjustable stems and crazy-long seat posts may be over soon. The fact that Dmitry seems to be exactly my height gives an additional level of confidence. I don't mind waiting a few months, since I still need to research and source most of the components; plus, grad school, work and family are keeping me busy!

Email sent!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    yeah, the thing is, i do not want my money back! I want a Triton!
    I won't write here how long i've been waiting, but i really hope i can get it soon!

mtbr member

Re: Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)

hi, i have talked to dmitry, he says that tbey re now on nqtional holidays, so it,s a bit hard to contact him..... be patient.. it,s a full custom frame, it he is like another custom builders that offer vvery little personalitation will be faster, but i don,t want this, and think that triton is building the bikes better every time, having new options....... you,ll get a better bike....

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Im beeing very patient! :P

mtbr member
    Scorp, unless its been over 7-8 months be patient. I know it sucks as the anticipation increases but custom frames take time. Mine took about 7 months but was well worth it. As most have posted, the end result is worth it and Triton frames are extremely well made and very durable. I have almost a year on my 29 frame and still impresses me every time I ride it.

In my experience Dmitry gets so involved in some of the business aspects that the big brands have multiple people doing that his time gets compromised resulting in delays. This is common in the custom world whether its bikes, surfboards, boats etc.

Unfortunately long wait is the price of a custom build but it's so sweet when it finally shows up at your door!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My frame took about 9 months, now having it, I would have waited over a year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've been waiting 15 months

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp View Post
    I've been waiting 15 months

Back to MTBR!

Skorp, your case is one of three I have now. Trials/street-trials frames.
    It does not represent the situation on the XC/AM/Road frames.
    Please do not scare the customers

Basically we used to outsource all the frames back in the days.
    Then we made up our own production shop.
    We set up building XC/Road frames and their variations at a new spot. They were the main priority because they represent 95% of orders.
    And they are coming out smoothly now. Not quickly, but smoothly and every customer gets his/her frame in some reasonable amount of time.

I have you and Ti Tank (he wrote above).
    With trials frames. That we do not build yet. They require different tooling to be used and a bit different techniques to be applied. We have worked them out partially and we recently built a few street oriented frames. I was so happy we finally built them! We are on the way to trials frames. I want to have this cleared soon. But this takes the time that cannot be planned to an exact date.
    I took these orders because I was still outsourcing these types of frames (now they don't make them) and/or because I was too optimistic about how long it would take to develop the tools/techniques for producing trials frames in house.
    Now if you go Triton website FAQ you will see that we do not take orders on trials/street frames: f.a.q. | Triton
    Once we finish your frame and two others, those will possibly be the last custom trials frames made by Triton.
    I get your message and understand your concerns as the season has already come and you have no Triton yet. I will try to have it sorted out quickly.

PS: Will be uploading media soon as I have loads of photos to share
    TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

meow, meow.
    those will possibly be the last custom trials frames made by Triton.
    Ouch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah! I can vouch for Dmitry on this one! I too have been waiting for a frame, and Dmitry did state that the process would take a little longer as he moved facilities and started to do more in house production. He also offered me my money back up front but I also want a 24" Triton street Trials frame....Sooooooo at this point Im going to consider myself lucky to get one of the last few Trials frames to be produced by Triton and once It arrives there will be plenty of photos to share. Once the Bike is built up It will be used for Demos as a part of The Right Direction.org an action sports based youth development program that focuses on action sports to teach kids life skills!! Its a real sweet program and you can find out more here www.therightdirection.org

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    When dealing with a frame builder communication is key, I have no doubt the frame would have arrived. I think I may have gotten a little paranoid, got in my head too much.

Dmitry is a man of his word!! That say's everything!!

From Russia with luv!
    Check out the latest video of our team rider TRA riding his Triton bike in Norway

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Just a note about custom bikes and waiting - Shop around if you don't like to wait. There are some Ti builders with 18+ month wait lists (Black Sheep comes to mind), and there are builders with 8 week lead times (Kish is building my wife one soon). As long as it's clear what the wait will be it shouldn't be an issue. All that being said, for Triton's prices I'd expect a wait. They can't be touched by domestic builders on price so will have more people clamoring for one (given that the quality is as high as it is). Once you have the bike all of the stress melts away and it's nothing but smiles!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    That video is awesome! I wish I thought I could learn some of that stuff, but I'm way too old and unco. [sigh]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

New question here.

I was hesitating to share this photo online. That's what the customer wanted me to write on the sides of the frame. I was unsure if it would pass the customs haha

This is a long time customer and I could not refuse.

Is the customer a woman?

From Russia with luv!
    One of the frames I took to the US and it was picked up by the customer's friend

The customer is a medium-height and quite a light person so he has allowed us to experiment with the frame weight.

This resulted into the lightest Triton 29er frame so far at 1406 grams.
    Specs:
    - 44mm headtube to support tapered forks
    - Ultrathin 16mm seastays
    - Finish: new bead blasting

Waiting for a complete bike!

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbvfr View Post
    Is the customer a woman?
    Unfortunately not
    TritonBikes.com

AZ
    banned
    Seat posts? Any plans for these? I remember it was discussed, were there any conclusions made? Would be great to be able to get a couple in 27.2 mm.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast