Nov 2011
    Harden the **** up...LOVE IT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyon93108 View Post
    Harden the **** up...LOVE IT.
    Absolutely!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Dmitry, any ideas along the lines of a 29+ frame, something that could accommodate the Surly Knard 29x3" tyres? Sort of a half fat bike for those that don't need sand/snow potential, maybe with the Paragon Rockers as well. Keep the rear end as short as possible either via ST curve or offset, keep the rear spacing at 135 for hub gears and 73 for the BB shell. Standover as low as possible without sacrificing any rough/tough credentials.

Just a bit of a variation on the fat frame you've done for Small Furry a sort of combination of On-One Fatty, Surly Krampus and Jones Diamond.

I'd be interested in such a frame.

From Russia with luv!
    Hi guys!

We have been very busy lately.
    Frames being built, drawings being drawn. I have been managing the whole process nonstop.
    Received many inquiries by email and will respond to each one soon.
    Sorry for the wait.

Also a newer version of Triton Bikes - Home is being made and it will have better editing options so that adding media to pages will not require programming skills

More media to follow!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MacB View Post
    Dmitry, any ideas along the lines of a 29+ frame, something that could accommodate the Surly Knard 29x3" tyres?
    Hold on...

From Russia with luv!
    Hi guys!

I am finally back to emails. Sorry to those who waited.
    Judging by the requests we can do many things now.
    Two years ago we could not do Post Mount, 142x12mm dropouts, etc. Thanks to Paragon.
    Also offering 44mm headtubes now and they are becoming the most popular as you can nicely use them with 1 1/8" steerer and zerostack (internal) headsets or with tapered forks and external lower cup.

Tube bending - next stage.
    We also made chainstay ovalizer, so better clearance can be achieved now. And shorter stays too. See photo of a 22mm tube and ovalized and bent 22mm tube.

Anyways, here is pretty crazy news.

Hey Californians, I just bought the tickets to the USA and I will be at Sea Otter Classic in Monterey 18-21!
    We do not have a booth there but I may have 26/29er frame with me as an example of our work.

I am actually coming and bringing a special project bike, but I cannot talk about it now

If you are interested in talking about your new frame project - come around.
    If you have been waiting for your Triton for ages and want to try to kick me in the face - you are welcome too

First time in the USA. Very excited.
    Will be in SF on 17th but will be busy.
    Will also visit New York very shortly on 16th and full day 23rd.

We have a bunch of frames hanging in the workshop waiting for the bead to arrive.
    Some frames are waiting for the bead blasting performed and some are hand brushed but waiting for the bead blasted decals to be applied.
    Should be sorted out next week.

Thanks!

Dmitry

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-bikes-april-2013-19.jpg

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-bikes-april-2013-4.jpg

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-triton-bikes-april-2013-67.jpg
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Congrats!
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    [COLOR="#000080"]
    We also made chainstay ovalizer, so better clearance can be achieved now. And shorter stays too. See photo of a 22mm tube and ovalized and bent 22mm tube.
    Great news! Will this allow to achieve those 390 mm tubular chainstays with 26" wheel, 58 mm wide and high tire?

mtbr member
    You should swing by my hood and drop off a bike at MBA Magazine for a couple days. They do a lot of testing close to my house. It would be great marketing, if they did a little article about your company. I think it's a very interesting story. And mags are looking for good content like that.
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 04-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    D-You have those Triton kits yet? I might drive up and say hello. What dates will you be down at the Sea Otter?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    [COLOR="#000080"]Hi guys!

I am finally back to emails. Sorry to those who waited.
    Judging by the requests we can do many things now.
    Two years ago we could not do Post Mount, 142x12mm dropouts, etc. Thanks to Paragon.
    Also offering 44mm headtubes now and they are becoming the most popular as you can nicely use them with 1 1/8" steerer and zerostack (internal) headsets or with tapered forks and external lower cup.

Tube bending - next stage.

Anyways, here is pretty crazy news.

Hey Californians, I just bought the tickets to the USA and I will be at Sea Otter Classic in Monterey 18-21!
    We do not have a booth there but I may have 26/29er frame with me as an example of our work.

I am actually coming and bringing a special project bike, but I cannot talk about it now

If you are interested in talking about your new frame project - come around.
    If you have been waiting for your Triton for ages and want to try to kick me in the face - you are welcome too

First time in the USA. Very excited.
    Will be in SF on 17th but will be busy.
    Will also visit New York very shortly on 16th and full day 23rd.

We have a bunch of frames hanging in the workshop waiting for the bead to arrive.
    Some frames are waiting for the bead blasting performed and some are hand brushed but waiting for the bead blasted decals to be applied.
    Should be sorted out next week.

Thanks!

Dmitry
    Can't wait to see the pics of the project bike (as I won't be at Sea Otter)! Should be great press for you and make it's owner a happy man

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Elle Camino

My Triton - 29 Hard Tail. Got it from D about a month ago. I've been out of town for a while, so I had the guys at my LBS build it up. They were impressed with the frame.

The ride is amazing; night and day from my former steel framed 29er.

Biggest disappointment about the bike is the seat post...and that did NOT come from Triton.

A few pictures:

Last edited by Canyon93108; 04-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi Canyon,

congratulations on your new bike - it looks great. I love the precise welds of Triton.

Since you've mentioned it: what's wrong with the seat post? Moots stuff is supposed to be of top quality. Is it only me or does your seat lean backwards a bit?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Spin- I'll message you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sorry for my photography skills, not as good as the ones Dmitry took but it will give you the general idea I am really impressed by the ride quality. It is damn smooth compared to my scandium roadie.

mtbr member
    borell,

Nice work on that build - red accents go great with the titanium. Looks smooth!

mtbr member
    Sweet looking ride and nice bling on the bike. Man, those welds are looking better and better! Really nice looking bike. I bet she rides real smooth!
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

From Russia with luv!
    Hi guys!
    Beautiful bikes!

I have a lot of media to share but last two weeks have been quite crazy.
    I am taking a plane to SF in less than 10 hours.
    I will have a stop in NY and if I find some Internet at JFK I will finally have some spare time to upload more photos.

Announcement: I will be at Sea Otter Classic with a friend/customer of mine with a special project.
    Triton does not have a booth at Sea Otter as it has not been planned in advance.
    But! If you order your Triton at Sea Otter, you will get an instant 10% discount!

Will be back with the media.

Thanks,

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I checked your new website out. I guess you don't have a page yet for the road/fixie category? It's blank, so to speak. Do you have any photos of a single-speed that you've made? I'd love to get a titanium single speed based exactly on my old 1982 Peugeot P6 Iseran geometry!

From Russia with luv!

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)

Quote Originally Posted by tegnamo View Post
    I checked your new website out. I guess you don't have a page yet for the road/fixie category? It's blank, so to speak. Do you have any photos of a single-speed that you've made? I'd love to get a titanium single speed based exactly on my old 1982 Peugeot P6 Iseran geometry!
    Hi,

You are right.
    The initial website design required some coding skills to be able to fill in the pages correctly.
    I just never had time/effort to do it all right. Also we were collecting the media portfolio.
    We have already confirmed a website design update along with updated pages editing options. This will let me provide content in a quicker and less sophisticated way.

We have built quite a few road frames, a couple of fixies and there's a quite classic geo single speed road bike coming up.

I am now flying from NY to SF and don't have the photos on the cell phone. But can email you some later.

We can do a geometry replica for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)

Hello USA!
    If someone wants to talk to me at Sea Otter, please call my US number +1 415 640 6950

We'll be there with the crazy 36" project we made for DirtySixer

Dmitry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Good stuff!
    Thanks Dmitry!

PS: Note that Dmitry is 6f4 maybe 6f5 and our talented mechanic Lenny (red t-shirt) might be 5f10
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

neeeds donation$ for bike
    d- i wanna order the one piece stem and handlebar. Do you have them for sale on ebay to make for a quick and easy transaction for the both of us?

mtbr member
    Dmrity, run for the hills and build frames in the USA! Immigration will never catch you. And I have a name for your new company in the USA.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Dmrity, run for the hills and build frames in the USA! Immigration will never catch you. And I have a name for your new company in the USA.
    Haha!

I so much loved the USA that during a coffee stop in Monterey this morning I told Dave from Dirtysixer I am going to run fast in the mountains and lay low And then I read your message

There are like 6 framebuilders in Russia. And 500 in the USA.
    It's cool to be rare. And I am all legal.
    Was thinking EU though
    TritonBikes.com

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast