Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    From Russia with luv!
    Some recent media..

TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member

New question here. Aluminum frame??

Hey!!Dmitry Can you do aluminum fat bike frame , i sent an email yesterday with some details ?? I sent it to the info email , Thanks Brett
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

nothing to see here
    Ahhh...I spy the bent seat tube for a 29er in the top pic perhaps?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob View Post
    Ahhh...I spy the bent seat tube for a 29er in the top pic perhaps?
    Yes, one of them. More to come.
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIL CRANKER View Post
    Hey!!Dmitry Can you do aluminum fat bike frame , i sent an email yesterday with some details ?? I sent it to the info email , Thanks Brett

Hi Brett,

As I said in my email, we do not offer aluminum frames.
    Currently we offer titanium frames and will be offering steel frames in near future.

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Hey! Sorry Dmitry , i sent an email hear when my 1st email didn't get a response . Thanks for Titanium offer. Will considerate it.
    13 On One Fatty
    08 YETI 575 BLK. C.King Hubs/Hadley
    96 Specialized Stump Jumper FS Tweaked

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    Sharing latest photos of professional and amateur riders having fun riding their Tritons.

If you have a Triton and took photos riding it - please feel free to email them to me or share here It's really pleasant to see people riding our frames all over the world!

My German partner, Joachim Pfender aka Jogi riding his Triton unicycle in Norway. He sailed from Hamburg, Germany to Norway with the boat full of Triton unicycles

My customer from Liechtenstein hiking with his Triton uni in Switzerland, mountain Sulzfluh.

Ken Looi, New Zealand owner of the first Triton 29er unicycle frame (got it in 2008) taking part in local muni comps

Triton team member Roman Smirnov aka SRI riding his Triton in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

delicious images...

mtbr member
    well dimitry i have to think about what to build, but i think i will ride a triton in not much long time... 29er am type i expect... or maybe a replacement for my rm hammer 29er and salsa cromoto fork lighter..... without ebb and maybe with sliding dropouts...

From Russia with luv!
    Quick set of photos before I drive to Saint-Petersburg for the lower part of the alignment table..

Wooh

A trials frame with unusual decals/finish solution.
    Semi raw semi bead blasted.

Also sharkfin rotor guard made out of alu.

Triton rider on a trials comps poster

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Got back from Saint Petersburg!

Brought the lower part of my alignment table.
    Weight 300 kg.

The city and suburbs are beautiful!

The table was too large so I had to remove plastic panel and the wiper from the rear door of my Landy.
    Car got very dirty after a 10 hour drive.

YES!

10 hour drive in the night. Morning. Back to Moscow. Unloading the truck.

Fixed!

Did some riding tests

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Installed the Anvil frame and fork jigs.
    Testing them out, getting used...

And also...I got married this Saturday! YES!

And of course we are wearing titanium rings.
    Let me know if you are interested!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

AZ
    banned
    Congrats. That is one nice jig setup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Congratulations to you and your wife Dmitry.

mtbr member

Wow!

Seems like alot is happening now at Triton and with you.

Tell me if I am right ...

From the looks of it, you seem to be taking Triton all in house. By that I mean you will be designing and building the frames all in one place. No longer will you be using an outside company to manufacture your frames?

Best of luck and congrats!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni View Post
    Seems like alot is happening now at Triton and with you.

Tell me if I am right ...

From the looks of it, you seem to be taking Triton all in house. By that I mean you will be designing and building the frames all in one place. No longer will you be using an outside company to manufacture your frames?

Best of luck and congrats!

Thanks Andy!

With the rising number of frames ordered I will be combining the powers of two factories to build frames in a quicker way (say trials frames at the current factory and XC/29er in house). I will be making a line of standard frames too.

I got a very profecient welder at my new place and I ordered a number of Paragon steel dropouts that just arrived from States. We will make a number of steel prototype frames too.

I am on my honey moon now.
    Hello from Lyon, France!
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Exciting to see my tubes there!

Double congratulations, to marriage and to the new welder. Very interesting with steel and the line of standard frames also! What kind of frames will that be?

mtbr member

I am on my honey moon now.
    Hello from Lyon, France!
    Hi.

and congratulations!

I've sent an enquiry, for a fatbike (snowbike) frame, to several of your E-mails that I have found. Sorry to spam your inboxes. Especially now that I see you're on your honey moon. I just was'nt sure which was current. Sorry again, and hopefully I'll here from you after you get back.

Have a nice time!

Lee
    A big boy did it, and ran away.
    62*28'

wyrd bi ful rd
    I did not actually spammed your email box, but I did send a reminded to my earlier email. Just ignore it and enjoy your honeymoon. I would recommend Koh Samui in Thailand for your 1 year anniversary. My honey moon was at K Samui and it was dang!!!!!

Congratulations ...

mtbr member
    I find myself desiring a titanium unicycle, running 4" husker du tires, on 80mm rims.

I need to get off this thread......
    62*28'

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfurry View Post
    Hi.

and congratulations!

I've sent an enquiry, for a fatbike (snowbike) frame, to several of your E-mails that I have found. Sorry to spam your inboxes. Especially now that I see you're on your honey moon. I just was'nt sure which was current. Sorry again, and hopefully I'll here from you after you get back.

Have a nice time!

Lee

Hi Lee!

No problem!
    I was on my way back home while I got your messages. We moved all the time so I could not respond you properly with a cell phone.
    We are back safe to Moscow and I am now responding to all the emails I got!

Thanks!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member

Hi Lee!

No problem!
    I was on my way back home while I got your messages. We moved all the time so I could not respond you properly with a cell phone.
    We are back safe to Moscow and I am now responding to all the emails I got!

Thanks!

Dmitry
    Hi Dimitry.

Hope you and your wife had a nice time!

I imagine you have a ton of stuff to get through. So I'll try and be patient
    I've been looking into Triton cycles quite heavily over the last few days, and I have to say it all looks great. Especially the bikes.

Cheers

Lee
    62*28'

From Russia with luv!
    Paragon Machine Works introduced postmount (PM) compatible inserts for their Slider and Rocker dropouts.
    Thus we can now offer PM mounts for Triton frames.

PM mounts with fixed dropouts will be introduced later.
    Will make a custom fixture.

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Those look like a great option.

Is there any reason to choose rockers over sliders or vice versa?
    62*28'

don't be a poacher!

Beautiful frames and pics...

I aspire to own one of your Triton uni frames before too long. The bike frames look very sweet as well. Keep up the great work, and congrats on your marriage!

From Russia with luv!
    Those look like a great option.

Is there any reason to choose rockers over sliders or vice versa?
    Sliders offer more CS adjustment length.
    Rockers offer lower disc brake mount wich is better for those who use racks. Some people just feel safer when the caliper is inside the rear triangle.
    At the same time Rockers offer less adjustment.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Sliders offer more CS adjustment length.
    Rockers offer lower disc brake mount wich is better for those who use racks. Some people just feel safer when the caliper is inside the rear triangle.
    At the same time Rockers offer less adjustment.
    Just spent a fair amount of time reading up on this on framebuilding forums. Loads of intensive engineering reading, and basically you summed it up.

Sounds like PM is the way to go if dont want a 140mm rear disc. For a fatbike build you want your components out of harms way. So the rocker sounds like a good option for this sort of bike. Add to that rack use and its a no-brainer.

In which case I'd like to change my order details to include these if possible. I wont trouble with yet another E-mail for this detail though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    62*28'

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just spent a fair amount of time reading up on this on framebuilding forums. Loads of intensive engineering reading, and basically you summed it up.

Sounds like PM is the way to go if dont want a 140mm rear disc. For a fatbike build you want your components out of harms way. So the rocker sounds like a good option for this sort of bike. Add to that rack use and its a no-brainer.

In which case I'd like to change my order details to include these if possible. I wont trouble with yet another E-mail for this detail though.
    SF, you know the pic you've linked to is the Rocker version without the rack/guard mounts? They are on the dropout themselves and then the inserts are all interchangeable. I have a set of the dropouts and then two sets of inserts, one for Rohloff use and one for geared use.

That said the Rocker dropouts seem to be selling out as fast as Paragon produce them. For me the 17mm of adjustment is plenty but then I've designed my chainstay lengths to maximise the benefit from that range. As in, there's no point in having the CS length from 440-457mm if you're only ever going to run at 450+, if you know what I mean.

Aesthetically I disliked the sliders and, on a previous frame, opted for a mini EBB rather than go with them. Whereas the Rockers do the job as well but actually look good, or at least to me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacB View Post
    SF, you know the pic you've linked to is the Rocker version without the rack/guard mounts? They are on the dropout themselves and then the inserts are all interchangeable. I have a set of the dropouts and then two sets of inserts, one for Rohloff use and one for geared use.

That said the Rocker dropouts seem to be selling out as fast as Paragon produce them. For me the 17mm of adjustment is plenty but then I've designed my chainstay lengths to maximise the benefit from that range. As in, there's no point in having the CS length from 440-457mm if you're only ever going to run at 450+, if you know what I mean.

Aesthetically I disliked the sliders and, on a previous frame, opted for a mini EBB rather than go with them. Whereas the Rockers do the job as well but actually look good, or at least to me
    I was thinking of a center spot of 452mm. So 444mm to 460. I might need the 460mm for Big fat larry clearance. But I would also like to be able to shorten my wheelbase, with slightly smaller tires. Its 4mm shorter than a Pugsley up to 4mm longer than a Mukluk.

My lower rack mounts will be on the seatstays. This seems to be the best way to fit a rear rack onto a fatbike.
    62*28'

From Russia with luv!
    Received some goodies from Paragon.

Steel and titanium dropouts.
    Damn, how much heavier the steel ones are!

Steel headtubes (44mm) and BB shells.
    I have most parts now, but we do not offer steel frames yet.

Steel flanged track dropouts

Headtube

Titanium seatstay splitters for a belt-compatible fixed gear frame
    Very nicely machined. The parts just click one into another

Disconnected

Thanks!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Received some goodies from Paragon.

Steel and titanium dropouts.
    Damn, how much heavier the steel ones are!

Steel headtubes (44mm) and BB shells.
    I have most parts now, but we do not offer steel frames yet.

Steel flanged track dropouts

Headtube

Titanium seatstay splitters for a belt-compatible fixed gear frame
    Very nicely machined. The parts just click one into another

Disconnected

Thanks!

Dmitry
    Looks like a lot of cool stuff coming.....

When will you have some more 29ers to show ?
    Any chance of do a single speed with eccentric bottom bracket / split shell with pinch bolts like on my Specialized Stumpjumper ? My bike has been very quiet and reliable.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was thinking of a center spot of 452mm. So 444mm to 460. I might need the 460mm for Big fat larry clearance. But I would also like to be able to shorten my wheelbase, with slightly smaller tires. Its 4mm shorter than a Pugsley up to 4mm longer than a Mukluk.

My lower rack mounts will be on the seatstays. This seems to be the best way to fit a rear rack onto a fatbike.
    Aha, so you were aware, just didn't want you ordering the wrong bit. Interesting on rack mounting for a fat bike, I had assumed you could use regular mounts but with the foot extensions, but I haven't looked into it. Any info you have on that would be useful.

I haven't actually worked out my final rear geometry for my new 29er yet, the Rocker build I have is a touring Rohloff with chainstays from 438mm to 455mm. With a 44x16 combo that gives me a 50 link chain at approx 440mm. This works well for a 700x40 tyre and mudguards but gives me room to add a halflink or even a full link and get in a really big touring tyre. My current 29er is Rohloff as well but using a mini EBB and the chainstays are at 445mm. My calculations for the replacement are in two parts, firstly around my intended rohloff gearing and avoiding using a half link. The second bit is looking into clearance and geometry for me, so your calcs above are of interest.

I'm thinking I want to go above 445mm as a starting point, based on clearance, type of riding, rohloff weight and I'm fairly tall. I only ride for fun and nothing especially challenging, more long XC than technical. I have my saddle up at 80cm from the BB and, combined with the rohloff, it does make me feel a bit rear heavy at 445mm. I run 38x16 and was thinking of starting the new 29er chainstays at 458mm out to 475mm. Solves any clearance issues for big tyres and gets my weight a bit further forward. Plus I'm getting older and comfort matters more than out and out performance these days.

Would be interested in your experience, thoughts, on this side of things.

Great thread this by the way, I love seeing these detailed pics of parts and builds in progress.

Titanium junkie
    Hello Dmitry, sent you an e-mail about a Ti stem/ handle bar. Don't suppose you could give me a
    ballpark price so I can get moving on it.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacB View Post
    Aha, so you were aware, just didn't want you ordering the wrong bit. Interesting on rack mounting for a fat bike, I had assumed you could use regular mounts but with the foot extensions, but I haven't looked into it. Any info you have on that would be useful..
    Yeah, I appreciate you taking the time for the heads up

When it comes to mounting racks or fenders on a fatbike. I get the impression its a trial and error thing. I've based my mount positions on existing bikes, so I could easier steal other fat bikers set ups

When I sent Triton my specs. I had a handful things I thought could go wrong. Dmitry spotted these instantly without prompting. I'm only at the planning stage. But I have to say I'm very happy with my builder chioce so far.
    62*28'

From Russia with luv!
    29er frame with sliders and slight top tube and seat tube bends.
    Shortest chainstays - 420mm.

Will be lightly brushed and decals applied

Trials frame in production

CX frame in production

Setting up my new office room
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member

Sweeeet

Wow, that 29er looks sweet .... 420 ... that is close to 16.5 inches .... what travel fork is this frame for?

Way nice..
    Hope to see finished pictures.

mtbr member
    Cool...How much?....Can't wait to see finished....Wait time to the USA?
    Just ride and quit bit$hin.......Yeti SB5+..SIR9 SS...CD Synapse DA...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni View Post
    Wow, that 29er looks sweet .... 420 ... that is close to 16.5 inches .... what travel fork is this frame for?
    Fully rigid only, geometry is based a typical mid-length 26" fork with 425 mm A-C which just fits a 29er wheel (see picture - 29er in Salsa CroMoto 425).

Being 26" inch forks, the rake is shorter (41 mm), so angles are adjusted for that.

Very happy to see all this thinking and calculating finally becoming an actual welded frame!

nothing to see here
    Why no Ti unicrown fork to match?

edit...very keen to see/hear how the finished product handles, as it looks like a similar geo to what I would request. What's the HA?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Why no Ti unicrown fork to match?

edit...very keen to see/hear how the finished product handles, as it looks like a similar geo to what I would request. What's the HA?
    I did consider a matching custom fork in the beginning, but wanted to be able to use easily found standard forks of some kind. And also I am to be honest very scared of fork failure, and for some reason I feel safer on a heavy steel fork from a large volume manufacturer such as Salsa.

But if I am not happy with how it feels with this fork, perhaps a bombproof custom Triton fork could be the solution later on.

I have 70.5 deg HA, to get a quite short trail and not too much wheel flop, agile but not too nervous or race-like when using 41 mm rake.

From Russia with luv!
    Designing a bike for a 5ft tall lady. It will be equipped with Sram X0, Fox fork, Avid Ultimates, Easton carbon fibre seat post and handlebar, and other nice parts.

What do you think?
    I think it's first time I am doing such a small MTB

TritonBikes.com

nothing to see here
    I'd let my 5' wife ride that...not that she would take it on single track
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

From Russia with luv!
    I'd let my 5' wife ride that...not that she would take it on single track
    Why not? Too short?

This bike is intended for recreational/light XC riding.
    TritonBikes.com

nothing to see here
    Why not? Too short?
    5 foot isn't too short IMO. Single track would scare her. Especially after she sees how often I come home with damage to myself. She's fine on a wide bike path, providing that there's no sticks that she has to roll over.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

From Russia with luv!
    5 foot isn't too short IMO.

Steve! I did not mean your wife, I meant the frame
    This frame has quite a short ETT. The sitting position is short and high. More like a city bike, not very XC.
    TritonBikes.com

nothing to see here
    lol...oops...that frame looks perfect for someone that height and is set up, like you suggested, for someone who hasn't much mountain biking experience. Bars are too high compared to the seat. But you knew that already. 530 ETT isn't bad for someone that height with short arms and torso. My perfect ETT would be around 570 with a short stem (70mm) and I'm 5'6".
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I like the frames,they are definitely quality craftsmanship. I like the titanium rings

mtbr member
    Designing a bike for a 5ft tall lady. It will be equipped with Sram X0, Fox fork, Avid Ultimates, Easton carbon fibre seat post and handlebar, and other nice parts.

What do you think?
    I think it's first time I am doing such a small MTB
    The bike looks spot on. Component wise I'd look into big sweep bars for such a high front end. I've just recieved some Jone cut-H bars, and they look spot on for my little arms. Plus I'd definitely check my crank length. Long cranks on a bike built for seated riding, will be annoying.

Just my thoughts. Everything else looks great.
    62*28'

wyrd bi ful rd
    hey Dmitry, the spec for the '5ft tall lady' that you posted above, is almost identical to the frame that I have just ordered from you too ... just that the seat post is longer, but otherwise the wheelbase is slightly shorter as my frame has a head angle at 71 ... so mine will the second smallest that you will have built??? ; )

one thing that has just crossed my mind ... will my wife get toe rub from the front wheel if I am using 175mm cranks??? ... hopefully not!!! ... pls let me know the clearance between the toe and the back of the front wheel and the crank length that you are using once you have completed your build ... cheers

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    hey Dmitry, the spec for the '5ft tall lady' that you posted above, is almost identical to the frame that I have just ordered from you too ... just that the seat post is longer, but otherwise the wheelbase is slightly shorter as my frame has a head angle at 71 ... so mine will the second smallest that you will have built??? ; )

one thing that has just crossed my mind ... will my wife get toe rub from the front wheel if I am using 175mm cranks??? ... hopefully not!!! ... pls let me know the clearance between the toe and the back of the front wheel and the crank length that you are using once you have completed your build ... cheers

Hi David,

I also looked at your wife's frame when was designing that lady frame
    And I used 70 degree head angle in order to give more space to toes + add up ride stability.

I will check out the toe overlap for your wife.
    What's her shoe size?
    We can discuss that over email.

Thanks!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to my customers, topic readers, and the whole MTBR community!

Thanks for a nice and interesting year! You guys have been making my days

Will be posting photos of a recent bike made as a birthday present.
    It's got a custom paint scheme with decals under matte laquer.
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    This bike is a birthday present. My customer ordered it for his friend.
    The idea was to paint it in matt olive green to match...friend's house interior color scheme!
    So basically I went there while he was out and took photos of the walls

It was a pain to match the colors and they loved it in the end.
    I will have to take a photo of a bike standing against the wall.

The frame is 18" XC 26er with oversized 44mm downtube (the rider isn't a light guy), oversized stays and Paragon breezer dropouts with replaceable hanger.

We did complete painting procedure at my friend's car painting chamber, used best equipment available.
    Andrey, the painter has done numerous motorcycle design paintings and enjoyed working with a bicycle frame.

I now offer custom paint job service, but it was quite expensive since we used expensive Sikkens paint (used for painting F1 cars) and it takes hours to complete.

The wall

The frame

Masking out headtube

Andrey degreasing the frame

Base coat applied

Applying olive green

Stencil applied. Вовик is the guy's name in Russian

Masked out

Silver metallic applied

Nice...

Then matte laquer applied and we let the frame dry at 60 degrees Celsius for half hour.
    Then I took it to Moscow's best bike mechanic Varava. I have known him for 15 years and he had built all my bikes.

Finished!
    Exclusive and the same time simple all-round XC bike for a birthday present.

Nice and smooth Paragons

Thanks!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Very nice Dimitry but what's up with the reflectors on the wheels?

Can't wait until mine is finished (29 XC with sloping top tube and revolution and hammer and sickle)

Keep posting your stuff - looks great!

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    Very nice Dimitry but what's up with the reflectors on the wheels?
    I have to place them. The rider is free to remove them
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Amazing looking work, as usual. Very good looking bike!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Wow, frame looks amazing and you continue to "one-up" yourself.
    What does a heavier-duty frame like that weigh ?
    Last edited by Surfdog93; 12-27-2011 at 07:29 AM.

From Russia with luv!
    Remember that semi raw semi bead blasted trials frame?

My customer has built it up!

Compared to his previous bike:
    this new bike is at least 10 times better
    totally awesome
    high bb needs some time getting used to, but still it rides like a goddess

Last edited by Triton Bikes; 12-27-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    TritonBikes.com

nothing to see here
    action shots would be cool
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    The finish on that trials bike is stunning.
    62*28'

From Russia with luv!
    Evgeny, a friend of mine who is an engineer, is joining Triton soon. He will be preparing drawings for customers and technical drawings for the actual build (those drawings mean more angles and a lot more other tech data).

He is preparing a drawing of an all round/AM/Trail bike for my dad.

Work in progress:

Last edited by Triton Bikes; 01-08-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Triton CX frame with oversized chainstays for more stiffness.
    1611 grams

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Just purchased a PF30 reamer from Maietta Cycles
    Store

Once I receive it, I will be able to offer a PF30 BB Shell solutions for Triton frames.
    Please note that for now it would only be used with Paragon Machine Works PF30 Shells:

www.paragonmachineworks.com - BB0028PF30x68mmx2quot

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Triton 29er fork.
    679gr

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My next bike purchase will determinately be a Triton 29er SS with optional rigid fork, just need to put make some room in the stable.

mtbr member

Nice Fork!

Wow Dmitry, that fork looks sweet!

Sent you a PM requesting some info on it.

Keep up the great work ...

I'm getting ready to take my Triton 29er to the Croom 35/50 ... I will be ridin her in the 50 mile portion.

Cheerios... Andy

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That fork is beautiful Dmitry!
    Exactly what I'm looking for style wise on my build! Can't wait for teasers of mine!
    -Jesse

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi Dimitry. Fork looks super.
    What is the diameter of the stansions?
    Frank

mtbr member
    Seriously? These bikes are freaking sweet. Any chance you'll be bringing any to Italy any time soon? I'd love to see them in person.

If I break my 29er at Iron Bike Italy, I know where my next rig will be coming from.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by loki_racer View Post
    Seriously? These bikes are freaking sweet. Any chance you'll be bringing any to Italy any time soon? I'd love to see them in person.

If I break my 29er at Iron Bike Italy, I know where my next rig will be coming from.
    I may be going to Italy in summer (by car) and could take my bike with me.
    I studied in Bologna and was even considering moving to Italy (both life and production) but a bit more south than Bologna

Wanted to visit Bike Machinery Srl to buy some tools.
    I will keep in mind your request
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by bouwpakket View Post
    Hi Dimitry. Fork looks super.
    What is the diameter of the stansions?
    Frank

Thanks Frank,

Those are 30mm.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I may be going to Italy in summer (by car) and could take my bike with me.
    I studied in Bologna and was even considering moving to Italy (both life and production) but a bit more south than Bologna

Wanted to visit Bike Machinery Srl to buy some tools.
    I will keep in mind your request
    Dmitry, have you ever consider an appearance on EHBE (European Handmade Bicycle Exhibition)
    with your frames ?

E-H-B-E

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojos Azules View Post
    Dmitry, have you ever consider an appearance on EHBE (European Handmade Bicycle Exhibition)
    with your frames ?

E-H-B-E

I wish I could attend. Very interested. I have the visa and I can put the bikes in the car and just drive there and rent a booth.
    But we expect a baby around this time + I do not have new bikes available to show. Fully busy now serving customers, no time to make bikes for myself

May try to attend Bike Expo in Germany if they make it. And of course dreaming to attend Interbike and especially NAHBS to see all the great people creating the best bikes and equipment: Jones, Strong, Anvil, Vertigo, Eriksen, Moots, etc etc etc
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    After reading the complete thread, it is the first time I am tempted to order a titanium bike! They look amazing.
    With the risk of being flamed here, never considered try to lighten the frameset with for instance a carbon seattube like the IF factory specials. Then my frame would be ordered tonight

From Russia with luv!
    Finally started updating the website. Added many photos to the Gallery section:
    Triton Bikes - Gallery

Will be adding frames photos and options shortly too.

Most photos are published here anyways
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Awesome, looking good.

bee
    peace, love, happiness
    Apr 2008

Why not AutoCad instead of Solidworks?

mtbr member
    29er frame with sliders and slight top tube and seat tube bends.
    Shortest chainstays - 420mm.

Will be lightly brushed and decals applied

Sweet looking 29er frame with bent TT. Any pics of finished bike? That looks just like a build I almost went with. Opted for the road bike instead. Maybe in the future you'll be making a FS 29er? Cross my fingers. Keep up the good work!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice.

From Russia with luv!
    Since most Triton frames are shipped overseas and there is a risk of damage, I decided to make simple inserts.
    An insert will protect frame stays making the package very stiff.

Bought a 1 meter long stud and cut it in 160mm pieces with a lathe.
    Added screws and washers.

Voila! Frame protected.

It added up some weight to the package.
    And I am free to any lighter solutions.
    What do you think?
    Bicycles coming from China have plastic inserts but they are mostly for forks.
    I should probably find them online, but no luck on that yet.

My dad also suggested machining them out of wood

Anyway, this CX frame was shipped to Canada with the Soviet style insert
    All frames will now be shipped with such inserts, whatever type I use...

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member

Plastic rear drop outs

Dmitry,

Check out these. Maybe something like this is what you're looking for.

135mm Rear Dropout Insert plastic Frame spindle -

Cheers

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Dmitry,

Check out these. Maybe something like this is what you're looking for.

135mm Rear Dropout Insert plastic Frame spindle -

Cheers
    Thanks! This is basically what comes with the Chinese frames.
    Shipping those to Russia would be quite costly. But I will take it into consideration.

The steel version I made is cheaper and very Sovietique
    But a bit ghetto too.

Which one would you like to see on your frame?
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Oh, I'm going real steel all the way! Wasn't sure if the plastic ones would be cheaper for you or not.
    How are you coming on my frame? Is it on the design board yet? Love all the new equipment in your shop!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    With the risk of being flamed here, never considered try to lighten the frameset with for instance a carbon seattube like the IF factory specials.
    Sorry to bring this up again, but because you didn't aswer it, can I assume that it isn't possible?

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis rides Scott View Post
    Sorry to bring this up again, but because you didn't aswer it, can I assume that it isn't possible?
    I do not trust this kind of combo.
    This is my personal opinion as a bicycle rider.

I can see a carbon fiber frame or a titanium frame.
    But a glued frame...
    I don't trust the glue
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I do not trust this kind of combo.
    This is my personal opinion as a bicycle rider.

I can see a carbon fiber frame or a titanium frame.
    But a glued frame...
    I don't trust the glue
    Yeah, I gotta agree on this one.
    I have an all-carbon frame, now I want to add an all-titanium frame........not some hybrid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ok, no problem, I respect your opinion.

From Russia with luv!
    Hey Triton owners!

I am adding up more photos to the Triton gallery.
    Triton Bikes - Gallery

If you have some new photos - please share!
    Also, if you have a photo of you on a bike or with the bike - this is double appreciated.

See this gentleman for instance!

TritonBikes.com

bee
    peace, love, happiness
    Apr 2008
    Yes. Fine and dandy. However, why not AutoCad instead of Solidworks?

mtbr member

My bad pic again

Here is my pic on my Triton 29er, but alas it is too hard to see the frame ... again

mtbr member
    Absolutely beautiful frames on here. The titanium alloy is different from 6/4 or 3/2.5 right?
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Thanks! This is basically what comes with the Chinese frames.
    Shipping those to Russia would be quite costly. But I will take it into consideration.

The steel version I made is cheaper and very Sovietique
    But a bit ghetto too.

Which one would you like to see on your frame?
    The advantages of plastic and wood. Are that they are, cheap, very quick to install, are light, and if they do loosen, then start moving around. They will not scratch the frame.

I suspect that price, and installation time is a real economic factor if you are a high producer like Giant, or Merida.

Personally, I'd like idea that someone took the time securely screw on a steel protector. It adds a little icing to the custom build cake.
    62*28'

mtbr member
    Don't want cheap Chinese plastic on my soviet frame! Threaded bolt for me.

Hope mine is in the works (Revolution)! Wish I could get Russian font on this iPad.

Kevin

From Russia with luv!
    My friend and customer Oleg has moved to London to work and took his Triton with him.
    He took some nice photos

By the way, everything I post here, I also post at Triton Bikes blog.
    And photos are now uploaded to tritonbikes.com hosting so they should load better for western viewers, especially from the US and Canada since I use a US based hosting provider.

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    The advantages of plastic and wood. Are that they are, cheap, very quick to install, are light, and if they do loosen, then start moving around. They will not scratch the frame.

I suspect that price, and installation time is a real economic factor if you are a high producer like Giant, or Merida.

Personally, I'd like idea that someone took the time securely screw on a steel protector. It adds a little icing to the custom build cake.
    Looks like it's sorted now haha
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Woohooo!

Postman brought today a batch of Paragon dropouts.
    - Wright dropouts with replaceable derailleur hanger
    - Flat slider dropouts
    - Rocker dropouts with postmount (PM) disc brake mount (NEW!)

I decided to have Paragon wright dropouts available in stock. So no need to wait before they are delivered.

I want to reconfirm that we do accept PayPal payments now.
    Thanks PayPal for letting it work in Russia!

Last edited by Triton Bikes; 01-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Those rockers look soooo sweet!

Exciting stuff!
    62*28'

mtbr member
    Sweet, I hope a set of those dropouts are set aside for my monster road bike build!
    Those look sweet Dmitry!
    Did you get my down payment via PayPal?

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Sweet, I hope a set of those dropouts are set aside for my monster road bike build!
    Those look sweet Dmitry!
    Did you get my down payment via PayPal?
    Haha, I wish I knew who you were
    Because here at MTBR we have nicknames and during email conversations we use names.
    Is this Deniz or Paul?
    If so then yes, I did.

I am responding to all the emails shortly anyway.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Ha! I thought about that after I posted. Yep, this is Paul.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Those bolts look like they'll work just fine! I'll get my wrenches ready to remove them...! hahaha...
    -Jesse

Aussie
    What was the delivery price to Aussie ?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25