Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

My Triton 29er is here ....

Here is the link to thread I started... frame looks as sweet

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...42#post8094342
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Frame looks great!! But what I want to see is a clean design'd Ti fork with 180mm disc mounts for a 2 niner. After seeing the design Dmitry is doing with my local shop owner I reallywant a disc only classic and clean 29" frame and fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Tank View Post
    Frame looks great!! But what I want to see is a clean design'd Ti fork with 180mm disc mounts for a 2 niner. After seeing the design Dmitry is doing with my local shop owner I reallywant a disc only classic and clean 29" frame and fork.
    Thanks...

I too was thinking about getting a Ti fork for my frame..... I don't need 180mm mounts, but the segmented looks of the Triton forks I have seen is sweet.
    I would like to get forward facing drop-outs...I hope Dmitry makes the fork design easy enough re-work for XC purposes...
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The design I saw looked like a BMX style fork, non segmented with clean leading edge dropp outs, I also think he was running his disc line through the stem cap and out the bottom of the steerer which is a great idea especially when you bail and the bars twist up, no more ripped lines up front!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    stopped into my local shop hoping to see a new Triton frame and fork but turn sout he hasnt received it yet..... so how about some new pics of Tritons recent creations! I need some eye candy

From Russia with luv!
    Hi Ti Tank!

Yup, that frame and fork are in the process right now.
    Designing and discussing took longer than expected. It happens with the custom made frames.
    The Ottoreni's 29er appeared quite quick. Some orders take longer.

Here are a couple of photos:

These frames were built for one of my French customers.
    The brushed frame was also laquered.

I was hesitating to share this photo online. That's what the customer wanted me to write on the sides of the frame. I was unsure if it would pass the customs haha

This is a long time customer and I could not refuse.

This is a photo of my dad caught by a random photographer while my dad was relaxing at the bank of Moscow river. It's his fun/street Triton that I take for rides quite often too.

We built a titanium BMX style handlebar and me and dad testing it out now.
    It has already survived quite a few hard landings and bunnyhops. And it flexes under me a lot too (my weight is 91 kilo). Works like kind of a suspension on a fully rigid bike.
    Still would not risk to offer it to extreme riders.

But it's very light and I will keep on using it.

And a bit of an offtopic.
    We are building a unicycle frame that will have internal disc brake system (just like on the bikes), 125mm bearing spacing (classic one is 100mm that's why disc brake does not fit inside the legs). This is a very new standard introduced by Nimbus. And we are the second manufacturer after Nimbus itself to provide unicycles under this standard. Trying to keep up to date, thanks to our demanding customers!

TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    That brushed frame looks amazing and that fork is soooooooo clean your work is spot on!! I cant wait to see what you do for Don. Keep us posted on your projects its always great to see someone taking pride in what they do and your products show it!

Omnipotent
    May 2011
    U know... I'm starting to really like the unfinished/grinded weld look! I like seeing all the colors caused by the heat and welding... If I ever get a Ti-FS-AM bike, I'm going to insist that they leave it as welded and don't perform any clean up, just the basic and leave the hot oxidization spots!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumV12 View Post
    U know... I'm starting to really like the unfinished/grinded weld look! I like seeing all the colors caused by the heat and welding... If I ever get a Ti-FS-AM bike, I'm going to insist that they leave it as welded and don't perform any clean up, just the basic and leave the hot oxidization spots!
    I also really like it that way. All it needs is a good clear coat to protect it.

Ride the dream
    I still love looking at the pictures I have of my bike before it was finished... but I'm glad it was blasted - it looks class.

Omnipotent
    May 2011

Titanium Chromatic Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishT View Post
    I still love looking at the pictures I have of my bike before it was finished... but I'm glad it was blasted - it looks class.

Haaa haha! You're a bike admirer as well I see... Yeah I get caught up in the vanity of basking at my old Carbon rig pics.

Actually that minor weld oxidation layer looks pretty unique to me. I've never seen anyone with such a scheme on trails/public. Ti frames are rare and stock welds are too. Most folks wanna clean it up to look like it was laser welded by some perfect robot I want the subtle marks of a skilled human craftsman.

Anodized Titanium colors!

I'd like to see a Titanium frame with some artistic Anodizing... Like a Chinese-DRAGON mural going along the bottom and all around the top tube... with Chromatic flames at the headtube!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I love the look of a clean brushed Ti frame, the best part is after a season of abuse you can make it look like new!!

From Russia with luv!
    1.5" head tube for tapered forks and Cannondale Lefty

Race frame, Polo bike frame with Paragon sliders, crazy unicycle frame with internal disc brake mount

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The Frame getting the Lefty Is waaaay sweet! A UNI with the disc mount thats forward thinking!! Thanks for posting the pics and keepin us updated. Hows the 24" street/Trials build goin for Don? Will you be posting pics of his build soon???? Im dyin to see it.

From Russia with luv!
    The Frame getting the Lefty Is waaaay sweet! A UNI with the disc mount thats forward thinking!! Thanks for posting the pics and keepin us updated. Hows the 24" street/Trials build goin for Don? Will you be posting pics of his build soon???? Im dyin to see it.
    Thanks!

Don's frameset will be there soon. Trials and street frames taking longer than the XC/29ers.
    Hopefully I will post the photos soon and make Don a happy person
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I will crack up if I see the pics before he does!!

From Russia with luv!
    I will crack up if I see the pics before he does!!
    I would never share the photos online before the actual customer received them.

BTW

I got back to the Triton website.
    Updated the FAQ section:
    http://tritonbikes.com/faq/

Now it gives an idea of the pricing, shipping and payment.
    Will be adding more information and media soon.
    TritonBikes.com

Omnipotent
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    1.5" head tube for tapered forks and Cannondale Lefty

Come on... LOOK at those chromatic colors! NOBODY has colors like that on a typical Ti bike. They are all usually just cleaned up and OCD neat. I def gonna get a frame with out the oxidation layers removed...

Good work!

From Russia with luv!
    Come on... LOOK at those chromatic colors! NOBODY has colors like that on a typical Ti bike. They are all usually just cleaned up and OCD neat. I def gonna get a frame with out the oxidation layers removed...

Good work!
    At the moment there are three Tritons being ridden with this raw finish
    One customer wanted this finish to make sure his bike won't interest the thieves in the busy city.
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    A bit of an off-topic:

In late April we organised biketrials comps in Ukraine and then drove to Germany to ride some freeride/DH.
    Here are some photos:

Triton rider Roman Smirnov sidehopping. Will be posting his video soon

Drove through Ukraine, Hungary, Austria to Germany.

Nice road in Ukraine

Rode freeride in Bad Wildbad, Germany.
    I was riding a Trek. A good reason for Triton to think of a fullsus freeride bike.

Yes, I am riding a Cannondale here.
    I have two Tritons, 24" street and 20" trials bike.
    Will build an XC Triton in September. But it's really hard to decide what exactly to build when you can build virtually anything.
    Triton BMX and race bikes are also in the list...
    Too passionate about bikes. Want to have and ride all types..

Most customers are willing to pay for their frames with PayPal. This system does not work in Russia so the only option is sending PayPal to my German friend, partner and retailer Joachim. Many people have paid him but never seen him.
    We drove to Hamburg to see Jogi too.

This was called the Triton Annual Conference 2011

Thanks!

More photos and text at my Russian blog:
    Part 1: http://gazzzaloddi.livejournal.com/26173.html
    Part 2: http://gazzzaloddi.livejournal.com/26045.html
    It can work with http://translate.google.com
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Postman knocked on my door this morning
    Delivered the Paragon EBB for a customer who had ordered a 29er frame.

The set has travelled from the US, all the way to Russia and will continue its way to Australia once the frame is built.

Best value in San Francisco

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Triton trials frame that will be powder coated black and sent to Canada soon. Ultra high BB, +85mm

Only 1551 gr

Unicrown fork, 26" MTB. 684 gr.

Paragon EBB

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Rad dad!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Trials frame looks great! THow does the brake cable attach to the guides on the fork with a zip tie or do you use the black C clips?

From Russia with luv!
    Triton Polo Bike frame built for a customer from London

First build up look. Extreme head tube angle, super short stays, Paragon dropouts, raw finish.
    Weight 1789 gr

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Dude, your frames are super nice, I would be interested in a 19-20 inch.
    I love the entire line, very legit!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Really nice bikes. They look great.

mtbr member
    Those colored welds are swwwweeeet!! Don't forget, I have a great name for you SS frames!!

From Russia with luv!
    Quite a classic Triton 29er frame that had been presented on a birthday to a friend of my friends... finally built
    Moscow, Russia

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    More photos of a Triton custom Polo bike and fork
    London, UK

More photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/snooper...699983/detail/

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Here are some photos from my Russian customer Dmitry who rode his Triton 1500km across Italy and Sicily back in April.
    Dmitry is happy with his bike and planning a trip to China next year.

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Great looking frames. Are there any in the US?

wyrd bi ful rd
    excellant thread with lots of pictures ... do admire you for having the ability to make your own frames ...

mtbr member
    I've enjoyed reading through this thread and really like the lacquered brushed finish.

A friend of mine who predominantly rides singlespeed has set his sights on Ragley TD1 frame which I really like the look of but think its far too much for my wallet and reading through this thread has piqued my curiosity.

I have always ridden off the shelf bike frames and currently own a GT Peace9r SS and an On-One Scandal, however, as the Triton frames are all custom designed based on the purchasers specifications, how do I as a prospective owner know what geometry/angles/chainstay length/seattube length to specify if I were to order a frame?

The only thing I do know is that I would also want sliding dropouts to be able to either run SS or geared which I would have to order through Paragon but what would be the correct ones to order, flat sliders or flanged sliders?

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thug View Post
    I have always ridden off the shelf bike frames and currently own a GT Peace9r SS and an On-One Scandal, however, as the Triton frames are all custom designed based on the purchasers specifications, how do I as a prospective owner know what geometry/angles/chainstay length/seattube length to specify if I were to order a frame?

The only thing I do know is that I would also want sliding dropouts to be able to either run SS or geared which I would have to order through Paragon but what would be the correct ones to order, flat sliders or flanged sliders?
    Hi,

Usually customers would specify their preferred geometry based on a bike they know and like. For example somebody loves his production aluminum MTB frame but wants slightly lower standover and sliders - we analyze the old frame geo, reduce standover, and voila, here is the geo.
    Somebody wants "the same kind of frame but with shorter stays", or "with a more freeride head angle".

As far as the sliders are concerned, we can deal with both types.
    The flat ones are cheaper and require bullets welded between stays and dropouts.
    Flanged ones are the most expensive, they are lighter and stay is welded directly. Looks sexier too.

Up there in the topic you will see Triton frames with flanged dropouts and right now I am expecting a delivery of flat dropouts for a 29er frame for my customer.
    You can always contact me at info@tritonbikes.com to discuss everything.
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Thanks for the answer.

Wanderer
    Have you done any softtail frames?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Flanged Dropouts look sooooooooooo sweet!!

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    Yes, but not likely to build anymore in the near future
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Sponsored biketrials competition in Vyborg, Russia in the mid July.

We saw quite many Tritons during comps, some of them had been purchased second-hand so I did not know the riders which is quite unusual.
    A friend of mine calculated 10 Tritons and when the event ended he suggested me to ask all the Triton owners to bring their bikes for a photo. We collected 7 bikes built between 2007 and 2011.

It was interesting to see all these bikes together. I shipped some of those frames four years ago and saw them again. Scratched, not so smooth anymore, but still running and bringing fun to their owners

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Damn. I wish I'd been able to go through with mine when I was asking questions a while ago.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by triton bikes View Post
    А какой тут диаметр подседельной трубы? На глазок толстая, порядка 38 мм, наверное.
    И на какой вес ездока она рассчитана?
    Sorry for my terrible english

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post

Maybe reconsider? Want one, need one, must have one. Please.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1n1k View Post
    А какой тут диаметр подседельной трубы? На глазок толстая, порядка 38 мм, наверное.
    И на какой вес ездока она рассчитана?
    Hi,

I won't speak Russian here since it's an English speaking forum.
    The seat tube is 35mm OD.
    I do not remember the customer's specs now but he is quite a tall guy. Should be around 80 kg in weight.
    We did not provide warranty to this exact frame and the customer had been notified about this.
    After half a year of riding the frame is fine. In his last email John said the frame was awesome
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Been doing frames deliveries this week.
    Both frames built for local customers here in Moscow

Oleg...he has been waiting a real long time for his frame. We were updating the frame specs and geo and then updating the drawing and then specs again. And then we ran out of tubing. So once he received his long awaited frame he was really happy.

It's a street bike frame. He's already built it and it's only 9.75 kg with the Fox 80mm fork.
    The frame itself is 1640 gr. It's got a special chain tensioner mount and I will share the photos later

Andrey was saving up for his street-trials Triton and finally got one

Hand brushing

First you take the photo and when the frame is already on its way to Canada you notice the finger print left when viewing the photo on a big screen. Hand brushed finish looks good but stains easily. Easily removed with a soft fabric and a drop of Russian vodka

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    How's my frame going Dmitry?

Fork is on it's way from the US as we speak. Everything else is sitting patiently in my garage....

Cheers

Andy

From Russia with luv!
    Triton street bike built up in Moscow.
    Bike weight only 9.75kg with Fox Float RLC fork.
    Extremely short chainstays - 350mm. Raw finish. Integrated brake cable routing. Integrated seat post clamp.
    Breezer flanged dropouts.
    Note the chain tensioner mount on the chainstay.

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla_Guerrilla View Post
    How's my frame going Dmitry?

Fork is on it's way from the US as we speak. Everything else is sitting patiently in my garage....

Cheers

Andy
    Hi Andy,

I was far away from proper Internet connection.
    Been waiting for some of the tubing to arrive. Your frame will be coming out soon.
    Dropped you an email.

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The hand brushed finish is by far the easiest to keep up, no matter what happens you can always get it back to NEW! I havent heard or seen anything from the bike shop about Dons bike, Is he still getting it? I know there are a few of us "Future Customers" waiting to see it.

From Russia with luv!
    Anvil Bikeworks frame jig, fork jig and the set of mitering tools and fixtures has been finally machined and will be shipped shortly to Russia.

WOOOHOOOoOO!

Meanwhile, we are sorting out new premises.

Here is machine room with a whole lot of machining/mitering/drilling and cutting machinery and a real lemon tree
    All machines have been idle for three years since the crisis that hit back in 2008 when all the stuff had been fired. Machines will be serviced, oiled and relaunched. Some machines are from 70-80's. Some are new and never used.

Tube bender under dust. '07, never used.

It will need some cleaning done...

Welding post. Hasn't been used for three years. Left as it is. Will be used for welding large items (not related to bikes).

Future office room. Everything will be thrown away. Walls are to be painted white, carpets laid. Will get a couple of tables, chairs, and a sofa where I can sleep/rest to make sure the work does not stop.

It will take a few months before the production begins here.
    Oh Gosh...$$$$

Current outside view. Industrial zone near Moscow centre. 24/7 surveillance. Unlimited parking space.

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast