Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    great looking bikes

Ride the dream
    Great stuff!

Mine is getting a new fork (tomorrow) as my fox is pretty much shot... pics will follow as soon as reasonably possible.

Dmi, since the pic I gave you of the first (rideable but not complete) build was rather scrappy, I'd be happy to clean her up fully and provide you with a better one now she's tidier (and I'll have time to spend on getting the pic right rather than rushing it because I had to take them quickly before a roadtrip to ride).

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishT
    Great stuff!

Mine is getting a new fork (tomorrow) as my fox is pretty much shot... pics will follow as soon as reasonably possible.

Dmi, since the pic I gave you of the first (rideable but not complete) build was rather scrappy, I'd be happy to clean her up fully and provide you with a better one now she's tidier (and I'll have time to spend on getting the pic right rather than rushing it because I had to take them quickly before a roadtrip to ride).
    Thanks! Send me some pics I will post them up here
    TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

Ride the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes
    Thanks! Send me some pics I will post them up here

Well, this is the most recent picture, will clean her up and get you some better pics when the new fork is sorted out.

(Note, brakeline for the rear is deliberately just a touch on the long side as bars get switched between wide 750s for funtimes and these narrower 660's for xc)

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Dmitry.. I have been following this thread and find your frames amazing... The white 29r frame,,, was that taken in Sopot, Poland... Im from PL.. just looks so familiar...

Good luck with everything that you do.. Who knows, I might need a bike when Im in Poland soon again.. instead of sending my FS there...

-Jessica

Ride the dream
    Ok Dmi (as promised) I took a few photos... but was in kinda a rush to get out and ride (Coed Llandegla, my favourite - riding buddy took a couple of pics, will post those aswell when I have them) so not particularly clean, didnt align tires up, didnt choose a suitable spot, didnt use a stick (instead of a washing pole) to prop up etc etc etc...

Thus, results are not particularly good (though probably still better than the one you have now).

Travel is 20mm less than on the talas (its a 120mm minute - 09 super absolute, for those keeping score) but length is closer to the figure the frame was designed around (my talas is longer than 495 as its longer than the minute, IIRC some years 32 talas were 515, not sure if 07 is one of them... the minute is 498).
    Feels more balanced and poised, but still pretty damn slack - rides better than before, has gone from being a great bike to being truly sublime and I really dont see how it could get any better - geo feels spot on, weight distrobution feels spot on and the compliance is just about right...

Enjoy (but dont bother to use these unless you really want to, I'll post up more later).

Last edited by EnglishT; 07-29-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Ride the dream

As promised...

Sadly, batteries on camera were low so very little oppertunity to get many pics.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by PVDRIDER
    Dmitry.. I have been following this thread and find your frames amazing... The white 29r frame,,, was that taken in Sopot, Poland... Im from PL.. just looks so familiar...

Good luck with everything that you do.. Who knows, I might need a bike when Im in Poland soon again.. instead of sending my FS there...

-Jessica
    Hi Jessica,
    Thank you! Yes, that place is somewhere in Poland but I do not know where exactly. Most likely you are right
    Will be posting up more stuff here.

Cheers!

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Triton back on track after forest fires in Russia. Even had evacuate my whole family to the North-West of the country.

Voila, Triton titanium fork for dirt jumping. Hand brushed. Built for a customer from New Caledonia. I have studied economic geography at university, but I still had to look up the place in google maps haha

TritonBikes.com

meow, meow.
    Are those dropouts welded twice to fork legs?
    26" faithful.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho
    Are those dropouts welded twice to fork legs?
    Yes, the dropouts go through the legs and there are 4 welds holding each dropout on the leg.
    Of course the dropouts are drilled inside to save weight.
    Still this fork is quite heavy - around 900 gr. But the steel ones are usually 1.5kg.

TritonBikes.com

thecentralscrutinizer
    I don't see any geometry for the cross country frames. Did I miss it somewhere?

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd
    I don't see any geometry for the cross country frames. Did I miss it somewhere?
    No, you did not miss anything. We will be making up a range of standard models in future. For the moment all the Tritons are custom built according to the customer's requests and needs.

Thanks,

Dmitry
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    My poor Toyota was too low to cope with the offroad conditions at the trials competitions we run...

...so we needed a full wheel drive car that could take many bikes and people.
    Also I am a fan of old-fashioned cars so we went for a Landy

Enjoying it. It can fit up to 7 passengers or 4 bikes inside + two bikes on the roof and 3 passengers.

TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    My German friend/partner/retailer and his friend riding they fat Triton unicycles in the Alps

TritonBikes.com

Rebmem Rbtm
    Man Dmitry, Your bikes are super sexy. The Land Rover too. I wish you great success. I would like to see more of your work over here in America. Good Luck.

local trails rider
    Have you done any road/street/fixie bikes?

I am not sure I am able to buy anything soon but have been thinking of a slightly tough bike with road geometry, using 26" wheels to keep it compact even with tires that are not really roadrace skinny.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

From Russia with luv!
    claydough001, thank you very much!

perttime, yes we did build CX/road frames. Unfortunately I do not have the images of those frames. Your frame will be the first to be shown here haha PM'ing you right now
    TritonBikes.com

local trails rider
    Dmitry, it is money, or lack of it, that is keeping me from getting into details now...

I have bookmarked you site

The CX bike you mentioned in the PM looks good too. I' better not post it here for you, as I am not sure if it is something you have done or something you can do.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Ok ENOUGH with all the advertising photos and crap. This forum has rules on advertising and this thread is way over the line already.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Ride the dream
    Dmi - is the ti-left-street not applicable? Or do you not have the pics you sent me?

Just curious, it might be interesting to post them up (if you still have them), if not, I might have them if you want them posted.

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Ok ENOUGH with all the advertising photos and crap. This forum has rules on advertising and this thread is way over the line already.
    Dear DeeEight,

I am sorry about this. But I follow a number of threads lead by framebuilders where they post the latest frames and built bikes and step to step frame building photos. This is very interesting to me first of all because I am a rider and love all those new things in my favorite hobby and sport.
    Though they do post threads in other sections like 29ers and others.

I spoke to Forrest Arakawa back in the day, the Consumer Review sales manager (who's also managing advertising here at MTBR). The thing was that I was willing to but I couldn't yet afford to advertise here. I am not a huge mighty brand with production in China, headquarter and hundreds of employees. Triton is my small hobby that yet hardly looks like a business. I still love it though and doing my best to develop it.
    Forrest told me he would post a free press-release about Triton on the mtbr homepage. I was really happy to hear that!

We both ride bikes. Imagine you were me. How would you let people know about your project? Please help me to do it better than this. I can post new interesting things at my website but it's hardly visited for the moment.
    I could probably buy a banner here. But still I want to communicate with the riders, hear what they think. If there's another nice way to do that, please let me know. Maybe I miss something here.

Thanks,

Dmitry

PS: I have been administrating Russian's main biketrials website (biketrials.ru) since 2002. There are over 20 thousand registered users. I wrote the rules for the website bacl in 2002 and they are also against unpaid ads. I would delete somebody that would post photos and prices, who would compare their products to others. But I always leave those who communicate with the users and try to be useful.
    TritonBikes.com

local trails rider
    ti-left-street ?

----
    I'd leave the moderating to Moderators.

It has happened before that MTBR has reached sensible agreements with tiny enterprises. ISuckAtRiding who produces some Singlespeed stuff, for example. If some such agreement is needed, it is between Dmitry and the powers that be at MTBR. I am happy as long things stay friendly here.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight

How is this any different than the Lmnh threads on the framebuilding forum?

And how, exactly, would you go about sharing your bikes with people on MTBR without a thread like this? Posting pictures of the bikes you make, as well as talking about them, does not exactly constitute a "solicitation to buy or sell products" as defined by the Terms of Use.

Saying "I have a bike company, and these are the bikes" is very similar to "I own a bike, and this is what it looks like." Or not?

Dmitry, thanks for the pics and stories. Looks like you guys (and gals) know how to have a good time over there.

meow, meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    ti-left-street ?
    This is probably about one of my bikes. )
    It is this bike that I ride most of the time, day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by perttime
    I am happy as long things stay friendly here.
    +1
    26" faithful.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast