Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Great job dmitry

From Russia with luv!
    A couple of spy photos of our prototype components:

1. Stainless steel head badge. Will be finalized and offered as an option soon.

2. Prototype stainless steel chainring. From 32T to 42T for singlespeed, 19 and possibly 110 drivetrains.
    Being successfully tested right now.
    High tooth profile offers more stable chain alignment and there is less need for a tensioner/guard.

3. Steel low mount dropouts. Allows easy rack and fenders mounting, your caliper is protected within the rear triangle.

TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member
    WOW! Dmitry, those are some real nice bits. Almost makes me want you to build me a 29er frame to go along with that single speed chainring.

Will that head badge be available for retrofit for existing Triton frames?
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Bunyan- How is that roadie. Thing looks sick.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Can't wait to my 29er single speed!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyon93108 View Post
    Bunyan- How is that roadie. Thing looks sick.
    Yep, she looks great. I can't wait to receive it and build it up. I believe Dmitry should have it shipped by the end of the week (I hope). ;-)
    Here are the bits I'm using.

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349224489.536039.jpg

I'll be sure to add a quick write up here as well as the thread I started on roadbikereview "From Russia with Love - Custom Ti".

Like I told Dmitry, if the frame rides half as good as she looks we have a winner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Yep, she looks great. I can't wait to receive it and build it up. I believe Dmitry should have it shipped by the end of the week (I hope). ;-)
    Here are the bits I'm using.
    Wow, definitely a nice build planned.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Thanks, it's sort of going to be a "Frankenstein" build with some really nice parts and a few lets just call them "untested" CF parts from the Far East.
    The tapered fork and bars are from e-hongfu out of China and the wheels are a sort of custom set with added spokes and a bit more carbon layers to stiffen and strengthen them up for me.
    Picked up a 2011 SRAM Red kit off CL and for now will be using Thomson Elite Stem and seatpost.
    For the monster head tube I picked up a Chris King inset 5 (or 7 - cant remember off the top of my head) to go along with the tapered 1 1/8 - 1.5" fork.
    I may end up with a tapered Enve fork down the road just for added peace of mind as I don't really know how the quality is of the hongfu carbon parts.
    I am really looking forward to building up this frame and giving it a go.

If I like how it rides I will most likely be ordering up a HT 29er with sliders down the road to ride either SS or 1x9. Still waiting to see how big of a diameter tubing Dmitry can bend.

From Russia with luv!
    Getting emails and emails.
    Responding but still have a lot to respond. Will answer to every your inquiry!
    Sorry for the wait guys.

We have updated the pricing, you can check it out here: Triton Bikes - f.a.q.
    The prices are higher now, they shall get a bit higher after New Year too.

Skilled workers and rental charges are no joke. I tried to relax when I was in Spain, but I kept thinking about how do we make it work next year.

We will be purchasing more tubing soon since we ran out of 31.8mm tubing (used for seat tubes with 27.2mm posts). And I hope we can afford to purchase enough material to make a series of standard 29er frames.

__

Today we have had guests from 360flip.ru. It's a Russian website about extreme sports and subcultures.

The guys made a video of some stages of production at Triton Bikes.
    They also took an interview with me but as you can guess it will be in Russian.
    However I liked an idea of making a video of production and I think we will make a proper one in English.

Will share that 360flip.ru video here of course.

__

Btw, here are the photos of my dad's new bike.
    Really long awaited. We finished it on the day of his 58th birthday and dad absolutely loves his bike.

Triton Elegant frame
    - Only 1547 grams
    - Paragon ISCG05 mounts
    - Paragon breezer dropouts
    - Paragon disc brake mount
    - Hand brushed finish
    - New Triton font

Triton container!

New italic font

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    Thanks, it's sort of going to be a "Frankenstein" build with some really nice parts and a few lets just call them "untested" CF parts from the Far East.
    The tapered fork and bars are from e-hongfu out of China and the wheels are a sort of custom set with added spokes and a bit more carbon layers to stiffen and strengthen them up for me.
    Picked up a 2011 SRAM Red kit off CL and for now will be using Thomson Elite Stem and seatpost.
    For the monster head tube I picked up a Chris King inset 5 (or 7 - cant remember off the top of my head) to go along with the tapered 1 1/8 - 1.5" fork.
    I may end up with a tapered Enve fork down the road just for added peace of mind as I don't really know how the quality is of the hongfu carbon parts.
    I am really looking forward to building up this frame and giving it a go.

If I like how it rides I will most likely be ordering up a HT 29er with sliders down the road to ride either SS or 1x9. Still waiting to see how big of a diameter tubing Dmitry can bend.
    That is going to be a smooth bike. Your fork should be fine.

mtbr member
    Tight work Dmitry! Your Dads bike looks great - tell us a little more about the build.

Head badge is a nice touch and I will be contacting you about getting one for my bike - looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I too would be interested in one of those head badges for the Frame Im currently waiting on.. Looks sweet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I want one to, it's all about attention to detail!! Triton just get's better and better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hi Dmitry, in your customer's bikes page on your website, did you guys make the handlebar on the bike in the top right hand corner photo??

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessaiga View Post
    Hi Dmitry, in your customer's bikes page on your website, did you guys make the handlebar on the bike in the top right hand corner photo??
    Yes, we made a couple

But they are flat, no rise.

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    COOL!!!

What's the price like on those?

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessaiga View Post
    COOL!!!

What's the price like on those?
    I wouldn't ship it without a frame because shipping fares would kill the price..

I will need a distributor soon haha
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Tank View Post
    I too would be interested in one of those head badges for the Frame Im currently waiting on.. Looks sweet.
    Ti Tank, dgw7000, and all my customers: I had ordered a batch of these head badges. They are being laser cut now. And I will apply them to every frame now, once we have them!

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    For all you guys that have your bikes, how long did you wait after you put down the 500.00 deposit for Dmitry to get ball rolling on your build. Just want some input of how it all works. My deposit just went in a few days ago!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    For all you guys that have your bikes, how long did you wait after you put down the 500.00 deposit for Dmitry to get ball rolling on your build. Just want some input of how it all works. My deposit just went in a few days ago!!
    I paid the deposit 20th Feb. Soon 8 months ago
    Was around the same time as Bunyan, so i guess i will get my frame built soon!
    The Badges look soo good. I need one of those on my frame if possible?

Too bad i get it in the winter, it's freezing outside now. Ice on the roads

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The good thing about the wait is plenty of time to decide on what parts to use. I was going with 650b but now 29er with lefty fork. I just rode a BMC TE29 for a few days, this 29er handled like a 26er. Short chain stays, low BB, slacker head tube 70 degree with low stack height, bent seat tube so the rear wheel is tucked close.
    I want my new ti frame to be fun to ride, I will use the eno crank 30 tooth. It will be 1x10 or single speed still undesided, red ano Stans Arch ex rims from Project 321. DT Swiss hubs and spokes. Brakes will be Shimano XTR with icetech rotors. Handle bars and seat post maybe ENVE if I can swing it!!

mtbr member
    At bikeradar has given a very bad review for the enve seatpost..

meow, meow.
    Enve cockpit components are nothing special IMHO. Rims, that's a different story..
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have now a pair of Seven Cycles Ti bars, I really like them. They have just a bit of flex.
    Thomson getting ready come out with ti and carbon bars and a new dropper seat post maybe the ticket for my new frame from Triton. I here the clamp on the ENVE seat post is its downfall. The handlebars from ENVE just look sexy. I'm ordering a 30 tooth ti and red ano chainring from HBC now, maybe I'll have it when my frame is done!! I have now a 33 tooth HBC red ano to use if I go single speed, either way there will be no front derail. on this bike.

From Russia with luv!
    Hi guys!

Haven't been posting for a while.

My Canon camera died after like 200k shots.
    Will fix it later but wasn't able to take proper photos and iPhone sucks for shop light conditions.

Meanwhile we finished a 28-29" hybrid frame, a road frame and a rack for a hybrid.
    Building a fixed gear frame at the moment. Mitered front triangle, still waiting for dropouts from Paragon.

Yet to be done three frames for Polish customers (29ers), a snow bike frame, a street frame, a trials frame, and so on
    TritonBikes.com

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast