Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Those dropouts on the 29er look good!
    Can't wait to get my frame..

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That FORM Cycle bent post is really nice, I was going to go with Form Cycles for my 650b frame. I just desided to go with Dmitry and put a down payment in. It will be 650b with lefty, I think it will be 1x10 or single speed. With every bike built Triton will get better and better in every aspect, can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    That FORM Cycle bent post is really nice, I was going to go with Form Cycles for my 650b frame. I just desided to go with Dmitry and put a down payment in. It will be 650b with lefty, I think it will be 1x10 or single speed. With every bike built Triton will get better and better in every aspect, can't wait!!
    What made you decide on a 650b vs 29er?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have a 29er that I posted on page 27, I love it. I think the 27.5 wheels will allow for better acceleration and better handling. The 650b 2013 will be the bike to get, getting parts is no problem now. The wheels will be lighter and stiffer, my tires will be wide and tubeless. Seatstay bent with short chain stay. Headtube on the slacker side, this bike should be really fun to ride.

When I converted my Cannondale flash 2 alloy to single speed, and put the Pacenci tl28 rim on rear with Hadley hub 2.4 racing ralph tire. Front is Arch rim with Project 321 hub and 2.35 nobby nick. This transformed the bike, making it light and nimble. I felt like a kid again riding it. I love the lefty!!

From Russia with luv!
    Hello comrades!

So, here are a couple of mobile photos of the work in progress.

We are now building an XXL 29er (24" frame size) at a new shop.
    So it needed a 1.5" (49.6mm) headtube...190mm long.
    Kolya has machined it and it is HUGE

Here it is compared to a traditional 1 1/8" x 100mm headtube

Checking sizing

Almost finished

Jig set up. Check out long seat tube

Sasha, the welder, has moved closer to Triton Bikes shop and now commutes to work.
    He still rides a GT but once the workload isn't so heavy in winter, we will make him a nice little Triton frame

We are processing a few frames now.
    Once finished, switching to the next batch of frames. I want to sort out all the long waiters asap.
    My aim is to build awesome frames at competitive timing.
    There are some custom builders out there who make a frame in like 4 weeks. That would be great.

Will keep on posting
    TritonBikes.com

Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    Oversized headtube = WANT!

Dmitry, I sent you a message.
    Merci!
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

mtbr member
    Woah, that seat tube is crazy long. Must be a tall guy. Love the head tube!
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    NIce to hear about the progress on the longer waiting frames!!! I hope Im on that list...

From Russia with luv!
    We have redesigned our iPhone covers. Now they perfectly match the shape of your iPhone protecting its glass back panel from any scratches.
    We use carbon fiber vinyl film. Thick and soft. It holds very nicely and can be removed without leaving any stains.
    These covers are made here at the Triton shop.

Have been testing one on my iPhone and I like it!

Already shipped a set of two to the USA along with a 29er frame

Now in stock.
    USD 9.95 / each

TritonBikes.com

DIY all the way
    Obviously you made a sample in silver as well

Ekstra Bladet - Gravide Mascha i mini-bikini

Magura

mtbr member
    some really beautiful stuff in this thread!

mtbr member
    Damn Dmitry, your bending options are coming along nicely.

You know once you perfect the seat tube, top tube and down tube bending, I'll be having another 29er made, same geometry as the last one, but with the few tweaks I've discovered I should have got you to do the first time around!

My brother has already secured my current one when it's time to get the new one. Sorry, but I'll also be getting the same graphics as well, seeing as I get so many comments on how awesome they look. I'l apologize now for the extra work!

Best thing is, the delay in getting it won't kill me like it did the first time, as I'll still have my current Triton to ride while I wait

From Russia with luv!
    Hi everybody!

I will be back soon with some media.
    Have spent the week sorting out the metal part of the work.
    Will also respond to a number of emails I have received lately
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Tell me about huge 29ers

Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344018236.830506.jpg
    TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Holy cow, that looks awesome! How long is the TT? Can't wait to see it finished and hopefully a ride report.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    We have redesigned our iPhone covers. Now they perfectly match the shape of your iPhone protecting its glass back panel from any scratches.
    We use carbon fiber vinyl film. Thick and soft. It holds very nicely and can be removed without leaving any stains.
    These covers are made here at the Triton shop.

Have been testing one on my iPhone and I like it!

Already shipped a set of two to the USA along with a 29er frame

Now in stock.
    USD 9.95 / each

Are those real carbon fiber?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Dmitry,

Love your bikes. Sent you an email re a Rohloff/Gates. Regards, David

mtbr member
    very nice frame! excellent weld quality.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla_Guerrilla View Post
    Best thing is, the delay in getting it won't kill me like it did the first time, as I'll still have my current Triton to ride while I wait
    The Delay is killing me! /(Yes, this is my first Triton)
    Starting to have second thoughts around geometry, looks and finish!
    Sent you an email couple of days ago! Would love if you could send me an estimate when the frame is beeing built, so i can stop thinking about it until then!
    Last edited by VegardSkorp; 08-05-2012 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'm losing faith too. I keep getting empty promises that my frame will be ready on "x" day and crickets. Nada.
    Pretty frustrating to say the least. I'm sure he puts out a nice product but like VegardSkorp, this is my first Triton (and road frame) and I'm afraid by the time I receive the frame I'll have missed out on a full season of riding.
    I was counting on having my road frame ready to go before my child was born since it would be easier to get a road ride in rather than packing the 29er on my car and hitting the trails with the new born here.
    Again, this is not a personal rip on Dmitry as I applaud him for taking the plunge and starting his own business. He truly is a bike nut who puts out a good product as it seams reading testaments of Triton riders.
    In the meantime I'm keeping myself busy with my new baby boy and look forward to building up my bike when my frame does arrive.
    Last edited by Bunyan; 08-06-2012 at 06:08 AM.

mtbr member
    +1 to that.

I'm waiting for my 2nd triton, the first one took ages, the second one has taken even longer. I paid in full in early Feb, and still haven't got it. At one point I asked for a refund, and I 'decided' to build another bike instead. He insisted it would be ready in a few weeks. This was a few months ago. I wish I had insisted.

Again, this isn't a burn on Dmitry, he's a great bloke, been really good to deal with. But sometimes I wish I could get an honest answer, even if it is "I can't tell you exactly when it'll be ready, maybe x weeks" rather than "in 2 weeks" then nothing for 2 months.

I still can't wait for my new frame. It'll be awesome.

From Russia with luv!
    gbs and Bunyan, your two frames are coming one after another. Those two drawings are lying close to each other.
    Then there's a CX frame coming and a number of 29er frames, also a trials frame (Vegard).

We had to let most of the frame building workers go for vacation. Almost all of them are finally back. We are waiting for the guy that will be sorting out your frames (mitering the tubes). The rest are ready.

Your two frame were supposed to be built before workers were out for vacation and this is what I was basing the timing on. However previous frames/orders have paused the process.

I am trying to keep calm and process frame after frame.
    I don't have any other choice.

We have progressed and made quite a number of frames this summer.
    We have built 9 frames at the new premises and progressing on every step. Simple frames take only a few days. Complicated frames take longer.

I am having hard times now but I still love my thing and I will survive.

PS: contacted people above, will write to you gbs shortly and people who haven't got replies yet
    TritonBikes.com

From Russia with luv!
    Here is the recent 29er frame that had been shipped to the USA

- Top tube bend for lowered standover
    - Smooth Paragon flanged dropouts with replaceable hanger
    - Room for Sram 2X10 crankset
    - Revolution! decals in Russian
    - Ziptie cable mounts all the way

The customer had asked me to apply these Russian decals.

There was some cleaning underway at premises next to Triton's. Those premises have been used since 1969 and had been abandoned for quite a while.
    I saw Lenin's portrait among garbage and saved it from the dump.
    At least my premises and some of the machines had been built during Soviet era, so the portrait might fit in nicely

Please note that there is no political idea under this. Neither my customer nor I am communist/anticommunist or whatever. I am far from this.

So I did a photoshoot of the Revolution frame and a portrait of the Russian revolution leader Vladimir Lenin.

TritonBikes.com

mtbr member
    Wow! awesome pics Dimitry! Love the industrial backdrop. I got some flack from a couple of members here on the forum on the graphics but I love the look. This has nothing to do with politics, just history and revolution was a big part of both Russian and US history. The hammer and sickle was the symbol of unity between the agricultural peasants and industrial workers to fight oppression not a support of communism. To me this is more of a statement of "Revolution" against the Asian bike machine in support of a Russian capitalist frame maker, Dmitry who is putting out some great stuff.

As far as time to ship, this was ordered in November but I went thru some geo changes with Dmitry and this added time to the build. With custom there are some things that require time to think about and compare. The top tube went thru different length and bend combos before we settled on the final. Dmitry was great with cad drawings and email.

That frame was shipped 7/27 and tracking has it in customs now! should be here in Florida any day. For those waiting - when you get the tracking info the stoke returns kind of like getting a "second wind" on a long ride.

mtbr member

Two Tritons in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by BacDoc View Post
    Wow! awesome pics Dimitry! Love the industrial backdrop. I got some flack from a couple of members here on the forum on the graphics but I love the look. This has nothing to do with politics, just history and revolution was a big part of both Russian and US history. The hammer and sickle was the symbol of unity between the agricultural peasants and industrial workers to fight oppression not a support of communism. To me this is more of a statement of "Revolution" against the Asian bike machine in support of a Russian capitalist frame maker, Dmitry who is putting out some great stuff.

As far as time to ship, this was ordered in November but I went thru some geo changes with Dmitry and this added time to the build. With custom there are some things that require time to think about and compare. The top tube went thru different length and bend combos before we settled on the final. Dmitry was great with cad drawings and email.

That frame was shipped 7/27 and tracking has it in customs now! should be here in Florida any day. For those waiting - when you get the tracking info the stoke returns kind of like getting a "second wind" on a long ride.
    Your Triton makes two Tritons in Florida that I know of. What part of Florida are you at?

That frame ended up looking real nice. When I first saw the top tube bend in an earlier picture, it looked too severe, but now that the frame has a blasted finish, it looks natural and flowing. Looks sweet. I wonder if Dmitry can do bends like that on the seatstays?

You should have your frame any day now. My frame showed in JFK customs, until one morning it showedit was out for delivery. I think mine took about 7 days.

Cant wait to see the build.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast