Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 1267
  1. #651
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob View Post
    Wonder why they went with barrel nuts for the pm rear?
    If you manage to damage the thread you won't need to worry. Just get new barrel nuts.

    Ti thread is really hard to spoil especially compared to aluminum. However one can do it.
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  2. #652
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,793
    When are you going to do a FS frame?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  3. #653
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    104
    I'll be participating in the Colorado Trail Race this year, and have opted to give my self a little cushion up from. I just pulled the fork off of my race bike for the time being, as I really enjoy the rigid fork I've been running. Didn't gain much weight, still sitting at well under 23 pounds as shown with tubes and everything. The bike looks way different with the Reba on there though, so I figured I'd share and keep the thread chugging along!

    Love this bike, and it's versatility. Come September I'll be throwing some gears on it and trying to break the Trans-Nevada record on a mountain bike via the American Discovery Trail...


  4. #654
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jallll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    317
    dmitry i have sent you an email to order an 29er frame and a fork, have you received it??
    thanks

  5. #655
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    RenoRacing: awesome bike! I love its simple look

    jallll, responded to your email.

    ___

    Guys, what do you think. Should I upload mobile photos of the daily work we do here? This won't be high quality images but some action photos I take when I have my phone in hands...

    I will still be uploading nice complete frame photos and built-up pics.

    PS: Will share some photos today
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  6. #656
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Pics are good. How about an update on waiting times once in a while? If I order today, approxamately how many months before delivery?

  7. #657
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,106
    Pics are always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  8. #658
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,793
    Pics!!!!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  9. #659
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jallll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    317
    thanks dmitry, tomorrow i'll reply to you, thanks

  10. #660
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bunyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post

    Guys, what do you think. Should I upload mobile photos of the daily work we do here? This won't be high quality images but some action photos I take when I have my phone in hands...

    I will still be uploading nice complete frame photos and built-up pics.

    PS: Will share some photos today
    I'd love to see some photos of the daily grind.
    On a side note. What camera and lens do you use to take your built up pics?
    Looking forward to the photos later on today.
    "Boom"........"Regard me".

  11. #661
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    I'd love to see some photos of the daily grind.
    On a side note. What camera and lens do you use to take your built up pics?
    Looking forward to the photos later on today.
    It's an old Canon 5D and Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens. Classic setup.
    I did over 200k shots with that Canon and it's slowly dying

    And iPhone for mobile shots
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  12. #662
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Internet at my office constantly failed to upload the photos. 3G modem at my village did the job.

    So here are some low quality mobile photos of our recent work

    Got some Grade9 tubing



    Bought Sram/Rock Shox/Thomson equipment from the local distributor for two customer's bikes



    Remember those two unicycles stolen in Ukraine? One had its neck cut...

    Pressing in an insert



    New 27.2x200mm neck ready to be pressed in and welded



    Fixed!



    Frame in works



    Doing designs



    Not the final version yet, will be updated. But that's how I wish our mounts would look like. EXPENSIVE Needs a lot of CNC



    Bringing more equipment for the lathe operator. He is back from Czech Republic and will be joining us soon



    My dad packing the frames for Philippines



    Rented premises together with a friend for a project.
    These premises have some more equipment that will be useful in future



    Revolutionary decals



    Ti handlebars!



    Building frames at new premises! First runs finally
    Sram XX 2X10 28-42T everything fits



    Mobile bicycle mechanic velomedik.ru helping us assemble bikes to save time for frame building.

    By the way!
    I do not know about other countries but at Russian factories there's a lot swear words during the process. Like: "Hey, give me that *^*&^*^ that's lying on a ^%&(&(*& table".
    We decided to fight that. So any hard swear word (like F words) now means you have to crouch 5 times. I did 80 on the first day. Now daily fitness does not exceed 10 crouches
    It's a good technique. All visitors have to obey that too



    Assembly



    A customer of ours who owns a Triton also brought his hardly used old-school Mercedes-Benz bike for minor tweaks.



    Only manage to ride at nights (for fun)



    Yummy



    Initial premises work in progress



    New premises: seat stays bent, ready for mitering



    Sasha checks out the centering



    Let it rolll



    Done. Now needs to be cleaned



    Medium sized 26" XC frame loaded on the Anvil jig



    That's it for now!
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  13. #663
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    These are two unusual bikes.
    The customer wanted high-level equipped light bikes for comfort rides in the forest and neighborhood.

    BUT WITH FENDERS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

    Photos before being spoiled



    Light! Even with Rock Shox Reverb dropper post and heavy pedals and comfort saddle









    XX partout



    Spoiled!



    I like those Topeak DeFender XC1 fenders. Wish they had the same designs for the rear fender that would fully cover the wheel, not only above seat stays.

    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  14. #664
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Pics are good. How about an update on waiting times once in a while? If I order today, approxamately how many months before delivery?
    So far the timing has been different depending on the orders. From 1-2 months for the forks. To 4-7 months for the frames.

    As you can see from the photos above, we have finally started building frames at new premises. While continuing to build frames at initial premises.
    So basically there are two shops working now.

    Since we have just started the new shop and it lacks some of the bending / mitering equipment we are making simple XC frames there with straight tubing. We have built 3 frames in 10 days. You can see 2 of these frames as complete bikes above. I am having more staff joining us soon and this will fasten the process (had interviewed a passionate freerider / metal worker on Friday). Also this will let us build more complicated frames with bent main tubes and boxed BB sections as our lathe operator is very experienced in this.

    My plan is to shorten the wait time to about 1 month. And even shorter for winter months.
    My partner and I have invested a lot of effort and money into new workshop and has to pay back and give nice new possibilities.

    To make long story short. If you order now, it is still about 4 months or so.
    And possibly sooner for the frames that do not need 1.5" headtubes / BB30 / boxed BB yoke / bent tubes.

    If you order in late Autumn (if my long waiting customers don't kill me by then) or even winter - the wait time should be quite short. 2-4 weeks if we have all the materials available.
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  15. #665
    The perfessor
    Reputation: mr_chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    Recent bike I built up. Matt black powder coating (as had been required by the customer).
    Middle-range parts. XT rear mech. The rest is Deore.

    It's very hot in Moscow and the bike gets extremely hot in seconds.













    Beautiful............without going completely through your thread, how much do these cost in American dollars?......and can you build one designed for Cannondale's Lefty monoshock on the front? (1.5 inch headtube).........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

  16. #666
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton Bikes View Post
    So far the timing has been different depending on the orders. From 1-2 months for the forks. To 4-7 months for the frames.

    As you can see from the photos above, we have finally started building frames at new premises. While continuing to build frames at initial premises.
    So basically there are two shops working now.

    Since we have just started the new shop and it lacks some of the bending / mitering equipment we are making simple XC frames there with straight tubing. We have built 3 frames in 10 days. You can see 2 of these frames as complete bikes above. I am having more staff joining us soon and this will fasten the process (had interviewed a passionate freerider / metal worker on Friday). Also this will let us build more complicated frames with bent main tubes and boxed BB sections as our lathe operator is very experienced in this.

    My plan is to shorten the wait time to about 1 month. And even shorter for winter months.
    My partner and I have invested a lot of effort and money into new workshop and has to pay back and give nice new possibilities.

    To make long story short. If you order now, it is still about 4 months or so.
    And possibly sooner for the frames that do not need 1.5" headtubes / BB30 / boxed BB yoke / bent tubes.

    If you order in late Autumn (if my long waiting customers don't kill me by then) or even winter - the wait time should be quite short. 2-4 weeks if we have all the materials available.



    Very good, thank you for the timeline.

  17. #667
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_chrome View Post
    Beautiful............without going completely through your thread, how much do these cost in American dollars?......and can you build one designed for Cannondale's Lefty monoshock on the front? (1.5 inch headtube).........
    I am not allowed to share pricing here. However base pricing is listed at our website FAQ: Triton Bikes - f.a.q.

    After looking through the Cannondale headtube specs I can say yes. We can.
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  18. #668
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    480

    650b

    Hi Dmitry,

    Do you build 650b frames for 27.5 wheels, this will be my next bike. Also lefty head tube?

  19. #669
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Hi Dmitry,

    Do you build 650b frames for 27.5 wheels, this will be my next bike. Also lefty head tube?
    Yes.

    If we are given precise wheel parameters, it does not really matter whether it's 20, 26, 27.5 or 29"
    The jig offers enough setup for 36" wheels.
    And yes, you can use Lefty with our 49.6mm headtube.
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  20. #670
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nubster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,106
    Selling my motorcycle today...SOOOOOOO tempted to order up a frame. If I wasn't in the market for a road bike and one to have now, not later, I'd so order. Definitely this fall/winter though. This thread is pure sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

  21. #671
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    480
    Dmitry,

    For some weired reason I just like you, and what your all about!!! You will be my next bike builder.

    650b hardtail with lefty 1x10, fast and fun. This is pict of my 29er single speed flash just painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-p1050186.jpg  

    Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-p1050195.jpg  


  22. #672
    From Russia with luv!
    Reputation: Triton Bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw7000 View Post
    Dmitry,

    For some weired reason I just like you, and what your all about!!! You will be my next bike builder.

    650b hardtail with lefty 1x10, fast and fun. This is pict of my 29er single speed flash just painted.

    Don't like me or I will be even slower than now

    That's a nice bike! Needs daylight photos for sure.
    Does it have EBB?
    TritonBikes.com

    Titanium frames and components handbuilt in Russia

  23. #673
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    480
    Yes, it has Eccentric bb30. From BEER Components.com

    Really well made one man show BB. They use Phil Wood bearings also. Trying to upload picts but not letting me!!

  24. #674
    Hooded menace
    Reputation: papanoel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79
    Hey Dmitri,

    Can you make frames like that one (post #1600) ??
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.

    And do you sometimes use rectangular tubing? If so, can you bend it?

    Thanks.

  25. #675
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    I just sent the guys an email about a new build, just before I saw this thread - WOW some of the stuff here just rocks!

    Good to see there are a few other aussies with builds from you guys too.

    For those interested, what I have asked the Triton crew to make is something a little like this. 150mm fork - low SO height, shortish chainstays and slacker than a melbourne dock worker
    Triton Bikes. Titanium frames handmade in Russia. Anyone? :)-shan.jpg

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •