At Work

Trek Fuel EX 8/9 VS Titus Motolite

Made a post a few weeks ago (Trek vs RacerX.)

Well, What is your opinion of these 2?

mtbr member
    My thought is why are you posting in the wrong sub-forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    .. its in the bike and frame discussion? works for me.

i test rode them both, the motolite felt 100000000x better. i actually loved the motolite. i wouldnt consider buying a trek, i didnt like anything about it. titus bikes are a bit more boutique and higher end than treks in general.

lots of people seem to like the fuel ex's. i dont. you might. give them a try and see what fits you best.

mtbr member
    ML. Made is USA. Lighter, plusher and faster.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymo853
    My thought is why are you posting in the wrong sub-forum.
    My thoughts, you like to see yourself post since you did not give any pertenant information regarding these two bikes.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    .. its in the bike and frame discussion? works for me.

i test rode them both, the motolite felt 100000000x better. i actually loved the motolite. i wouldnt consider buying a trek, i didnt like anything about it. titus bikes are a bit more boutique and higher end than treks in general.

lots of people seem to like the fuel ex's. i dont. you might. give them a try and see what fits you best.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Problem is there is not any Titus dealers around here (There is one, but they do not stock them, order only) to test a ML. I know I could probably order one and I am sure I would like it.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Hard to find

Here's a case of big vs. small.
    If you wanted to buy a Chevy Corvette, they'd be easy to find. A Maserati would be more scarce.

There's a Trek dealer in nearly every town in America. Titus makes you look harder to find one. But you won't see one on the back of every pickup truck and minivan, either.

I know for a fact that there are a number of Motolite riders in Alabama. You might be able to arrange a private test ride if you look on some local ride forums, or even on the Titus board. Search the boards for blackagness. He has a Motolite

You could also go on faith and order one locally or online. You wouldn't be the first to do this.

Luckily, there are plenty to demo in SW Ohio.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bikerbob.com; 08-21-2009 at 05:55 AM.

At Work
    Hey Bob, you sold a RacerX to a guy I know, Charles Hammond. I have actually tried to get up with him but cannot reach him. He told me about you originally.

What are your thoughts as far as Racer X vs. Motolite??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    Hey Bob, you sold a RacerX to a guy I know, Charles Hammond. I have actually tried to get up with him but cannot reach him. He told me about you originally.

What are your thoughts as far as Racer X vs. Motolite??

I've owned both. They're both great rides but very different. What type of riding do like? Race much?

At Work
    No racing. Just trail riding. Nothing overly agressive. Trails are fairly tight. Only a few short downhills/uphills.

At Work
    No racing. Just trail riding. Nothing overly agressive. Trails are fairly tight. Only a few short downhills/uphills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    Me, I would go with the ML. It is perfect for those type of conditions.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Me, I would go with the ML. It is perfect for those type of conditions.
    Couldn't agree more. You're not going to loose anything with the ML vs. the RX, but you'll get another inch of travel and a more comfortable bike for long rides.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Does rare always mean good? I, personally, could care less whats in the back of every truck or on the trail. But if I did, wouldn't that validate my purchase in a "good bike"?

I don't have any experience with the Titus other than drooling over FTM's at the LBS. I own a Trek Fuel EX9 and am absolutely STOKED. Would I have been happier on a Titus? I suppose its possible, but kinda hard to imagine.

Try BEFORE you buy if at all possible. I bought a Stumpjumper Expert without having a lot of bike experience and regretted it from ride 1. Sold it for the Trek and I'm a MUCH happier rider.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The Trek Fuel EX9 is a great bike. I'm sure the Titus Moto Lite
    is also. If you can, test ride them to see which fits you the best.
    Or go with the one you can get the best deal on. I don't think you
    can lose which ever bike you decide to buy.

Best, John