Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Transition Dirtbag

444 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CarnageAsada 
#1 ·
i am gonna get a transition dirtbag with 7" front and back (66rc)

i need to know what else i should spec it with... especially a BRAKES!!!!, wheelset and crankset.

i do like 6' drops etc... i'm only gonna use it mostly at mammoth... so it has to be dh/fr oriented parts...

i am only like 95 lbs... so it has to be sub 45 lbs. but the parts don't have to be super heavy duty. they can be more lightweight fr parts as opposed to dh parts.

thanks.

#2 ·
JBsoxB said:
i am gonna get a transition dirtbag with 7" front and back (66rc)

i need to know what else i should spec it with... especially a BRAKES!!!!, wheelset and crankset.

i do like 6' drops etc... i'm only gonna use it mostly at mammoth... so it has to be dh/fr oriented parts...

i am only like 95 lbs... so it has to be sub 45 lbs. but the parts don't have to be super heavy duty. they can be more lightweight fr parts as opposed to dh parts.

thanks.
You'll be hard pressed to get any setup heavier than 45lbs. My dirtbag is totally DH'd out and its only 43lbs i think.

When you call Transition to order the bike, just talk to them. The owners, Kyle and Kevin ride hard and know the gear. When they say "We won't spec anything we wouldn't run on our own bikes" for the packages they aren't kidding. The packages on their website will probably work out great for the riding you want to do.

CA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.